Vertigo (no, not the movie)

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Has anyone here ever had vertigo? I woke up with it this morning. :eek: It's the kind where everything spins inside your head it you're laying down and move, especially rolling from one side to another.

Anything I've read says that type is inner-ear connected but I'm almost positive it's from what I did exercise-wise yesterday. Is it possible that it's stemming from muscles/nerves in my upper back/shoulders/neck?

On top of that I have an awful sinus headache with lots of pressure behind the eyeballs and the top of my head. I feel worse sitting vs. standing/walking around. I'm afraid to event try to lay down.

Any suggestions on how to make this all go away faster? Ibuprofen and a decongestant taken several hours ago. Still have the headache but at a lower level now. I can breathe better though!

Has anyone here ever had vertigo? I woke up with it this morning. :eek: It's the kind where everything spins inside your head it you're laying down and move, especially rolling from one side to another.

Anything I've read says that type is inner-ear connected but I'm almost positive it's from what I did exercise-wise yesterday. Is it possible that it's stemming from muscles/nerves in my upper back/shoulders/neck?

On top of that I have an awful sinus headache with lots of pressure behind the eyeballs and the top of my head. I feel worse sitting vs. standing/walking around. I'm afraid to event try to lay down.

Any suggestions on how to make this all go away faster? Ibuprofen and a decongestant taken several hours ago. Still have the headache but at a lower level now. I can breathe better though!

You might try dramamine.

You might try dramamine.

Wouldn't that just help with the nausea? That was bad when the spinning was bad; not it's just from the sinus headache and I can deal with that.

I've had it. A neck injury caused mine. It is beyond an unpleasant experience.

Oh thanks for posting that. I KNOW it's what I was doing yesterday that is causing it. Cardio with weights just isn't my thing.

Time will heal it, right?

Oh thanks for posting that. I KNOW it's what I was doing yesterday that is causing it. Cardio with weights just isn't my thing.

I had it when I was at a shooting range and didn't have enough ear protection. It lasted about a day.

Try over the counter Dramamine. Because vertigo is often related to the inner ear, Dramamine is helpful as a temporary fix. Usually used for travel sickness, Dramamine can help with motion sickness that often accompanies vertigo.

Read more: How to Resolve Vertigo | eHow.com How to Resolve Vertigo | eHow.com

In my case, no. It was broken. Obviously, not seriously, or thankfully. The break supposedly had been stabilized by the time I felt the vertigo, and now we realized that there were some other non-bone issues that needed surgical intervention. While they were in, they put some hardware on my bone, too. So, in my case, time wasn't going to cut it.

The way it was explained to me, because of the injury, my neck was rather unstable compared to its movement with respect to my body below the shoulders. My inner ear was not used to that slight instability, and gave my brain the vertigo signal. Surgery fixed it and that was within days of the injury.

I don't know if any over exertion can cause some instability like that. Might be an inflammation of muscles affecting nerve signalling...dunno, though. Just to be on the safe side, take it easy for a bit. In that case, yeah, time should do it.

But, the best thing for you to do would be to see your physician, especially if it persists much more than a day.

Walk yourself through the Epley:

BPPV -- BENIGN PAROXYSMAL POSITIONAL VERTIGO

That might work. Otherwise, tincture of time.

You might try dramamine.

Good advice.
My wife started getting vertigo a little over a year ago and a friend who is an R.N. suggested dramamine as soon as she feels an onset. Short of getting a prescription, it has worked well so far for her.

Walk yourself through the Epley:

BPPV -- BENIGN PAROXYSMAL POSITIONAL VERTIGO

That might work. Otherwise, tincture of time.

Oh yeah, that also assume this is BPV from a dislodged otolith and not a optic neuritis or any of the other bajillion things that cause vertigo.

Luckily, it tends to self resolve regardless of cause.

Yes! And it sucks!!

The only thing that woks for me is Meclizine. You can get it OTC now.

Forum List

Back