Verry Ill Dog.

My dog is home. He has to eat a bland diet and continue his antibiotics as well as take it easy. The vet noticed how high strung the dog is so he recommended we dope him for awhile. So basically, he has to lay around and get high.

My dog is home. He has to eat a bland diet and continue his antibiotics as well as take it easy. The vet noticed how high strung the dog is so he recommended we dope him for awhile. So basically, he has to lay around and get high.

Ah, for a dog's life! Glad he's on the mend and enjoying it!

I like it when the story has a happy ending.

And still, your prompt reaction probably saved your dog's life. So, I hope you savor that thought. Nicely done.

ooooooooooo too bad this isnt a time when the owner can be like the dog....o sorry domestic companion or whatever we are called now.....hubby is being all pissy....i want a puppy for my birthday....and he is saying no, well he is saying a lot more in front of that no....

sillie man thinks 3 dogs and 3 cats is enough

I like it when the story has a happy ending.

And still, your prompt reaction probably saved your dog's life. So, I hope you savor that thought. Nicely done.

Oh yeah, I thought for sure I had poisoned him . Don't want to think how it would of been if that had been the case. As it is, we are having a hard time keeping him mellow. He wants ti chase the other dog and play, but the vet was amendment that he had to be still. We may have to give him stronger dope on Monday.

ooooooooooo too bad this isnt a time when the owner can be like the dog....o sorry domestic companion or whatever we are called now.....hubby is being all pissy....i want a puppy for my birthday....and he is saying no, well he is saying a lot more in front of that no....

:eusa_eh:Two dogs is enough.

I am glad the dog is better.

Bloody caca seems usual with tummy problems. Diet change can cause them.

We had something similar happen to one of our dogs. Turns out he ate a box of Q-tips. Clogged up the whole digestive system. It was a surgery solution, but he is ok.

Last edited:

Bones, I have five dogs and six cats! Plus, I'm babysitting my coworkers' dog while they go on vacation for a week.

But they cost a lot of money and consume a lot of my time. If I had it to do over, I'm not sure I would...

Oh, hell...yes, I would.

We had something similar happen to one of our dogs. Turns out he ate a box of Q-tips. Clogged up the whole digestive system. It was a surgery solution, but he is ok.

My pit bull did that to, but it was a couch our neighbors left in the back yard that he tore up and ate. No surgery, but he was crapping couch for three days.

Bones, I have five dogs and six cats! Plus, I'm babysitting my coworkers' dog while they go on vacation for a week.

But they cost a lot of money and consume a lot of my time. If I had it to do over, I'm not sure I would...

Oh, hell...yes, I would.

knee replacement in thor.....the cost was great and no one warned us about the recovery...we pick him up and they go....o dont let him do anything for 6 weeks or more...there was no way to kennel him....he just stood up with the kennel on his back....i end up moving furniture to make a corral...in like a week he begins this straight up hop....up and down...how do you stop that.....then leashes for months...walking in 3 ft circles....it was a friggin nightmare

painkillers are a bitch cause then you got a 100 lb dog.....standing up and falling over...

o dont even get me started on clark and his damned dislocated hip.....i put him in a dog crate....clark is a cat...with water and kitty litter...he has a disclocated hip and is not suppose to be moving a lot.l...he was was doing cartwheels on the gate....and he turned everything over and the kitty litter set up like concrete in the crate and in his hair...did i mentioned he is long haired?

i bet syrenn has some stories...she does kitten rescue and is one of the fosters who takes in sick ones....she said she can go thru 20 towels a day

o dont even get me started on clark and his damned dislocated hip.....i put him in a dog crate....clark is a cat...with water and kitty litter...he has a disclocated hip and is not suppose to be moving a lot.l...he was was doing cartwheels on the gate....and he turned everything over and the kitty litter set up like concrete in the crate and in his hair...did i mentioned he is long haired?

i bet syrenn has some stories...she does kitten rescue and is one of the fosters who takes in sick ones....she said she can go thru 20 towels a day

My mother does this. I pulled a litter of kittens out of a culvert a week ago at one of her rentals. Even got the mom cat.

BB is good food.

Hope your pooch gets better quick.

Glad to see you got him to the vet. Kudo's to you.

Well, he is going to live with my folks. Kind of a dog nursing home. He just wont stay calm here. Other then that, he is getting better.

:lmao:

OMG..... i so know what that is like. I stopped using the clumping litter and went to plain old clay litter.... first time i had concrete was the last! Its when you have to pick the concrete out of their little butts its bad!!

Today is spa day for the kittens..... it will be more like 40 towels today. A sanitize setting load takes 2 1/2 hours....:eek:

Forum List

Back