Verry Ill Dog.

earlycuyler

Extra long Bad Ass Cut.
Sep 17, 2011
Drivers seat.
Been back from the vet for awhile. I was goofing off in the shop and noticed my older dog standing in a mess of blood and food that he had just thrown up. My assumption was that he had been poisoned, so I called the vet, got him in the car and got him there. As it turns out he has a condition called Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis. Here is some info-

Bloody Diarrhea - Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis (HGE) in Dogs

I had to go see about some work so the Wife stayed with him. He is 13 years old, so it is questionable if he will survive or not, but since they put him on IV fluids, the Wife says he has perked up some.

Thanks much, and I hope so. My hobbies require lots of poisonous stuff and I thought I killed him. As it turns out, a change in diet is in order and we have to reduce his stress.

Yeah. I guess. I asked if the younger dog will come down with it to, and he told me it does happen, but not much. But yeah, two members of the house now have a Dr.'s note for primo feed, and low stress.

My prayer's for your dog and other member, 13 is old, but not really old. He may have a good chance.
You need to reverse and go opposite in the house to reduce stress, especially if there are now two with a Dr.'s note.

i hope you and the dog do better

My stuff is in order ! all good numbers. As for my boy, he is perking up. The IV fluids are doing him good. He took a big dump in his cage and they said there was blood in it, but that it was expected. It will be a day or two before we know whats up, but he seems to be better from just being hydrated.

My dog has a VERY sensitive stomach. I know what you are going through. Watch what he eats and good luck. Hopefully he's got many more years of fun with your family.

I am sorry you dog is ill.... but very glad you noticed and took him in! Hopefully he gets better soon.

Last I saw him he was all cleaned up, and perky. He will stay on IV fluids until Saturday, and we will see hoe it go's from there.

Last I saw him he was all cleaned up, and perky. He will stay on IV fluids until Saturday, and we will see hoe it go's from there.

I hope for the best, pups will discover things we wish they would not, often things secured or that appear harmless.

Sorry to hear your dog is ill. It sounds like you're making sure he has good medical care.

Wisihing a speedy recovery.

He has to be feeling better. He wants out of there. They pumped him full of antibiotics through the IV, and they think he will be able to come off of it tommrow. He may be out on Saturday, but most likely it will be Monday.

Forum List

Back