Been back from the vet for awhile. I was goofing off in the shop and noticed my older dog standing in a mess of blood and food that he had just thrown up. My assumption was that he had been poisoned, so I called the vet, got him in the car and got him there. As it turns out he has a condition called Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis. Here is some info- Bloody Diarrhea - Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis (HGE) in Dogs I had to go see about some work so the Wife stayed with him. He is 13 years old, so it is questionable if he will survive or not, but since they put him on IV fluids, the Wife says he has perked up some.