Verlander pitches his 3rd no hitter!!!

Very cool game!!!
Scoreless in the 9th and Toro hits a two run homer to take the lead and he closes the game with the last out in front of his hometown!!!!

Watched the last few innings, the guy is dominant still. Second time against us, only the 3rd time a pitcher has no hit the same team twice, first time same team twice in the same ballpark. He was a walk away from a Perfect Game.

I always take solace that nobody will touch the King Nolan Ryans record 7, but that's three for Verlander.

Very cool game!!!
Scoreless in the 9th and Toro hits a two run homer to take the lead and he closes the game with the last out in front of his hometown!!!!

Watched the last few innings, the guy is dominant still. Second time against us, only the 3rd time a pitcher has no hit the same team twice, first time same team twice in the same ballpark. He was a walk away from a Perfect Game.

I always take solace that nobody will touch the King Nolan Ryans record 7, but that's three for Verlander.

I'll never forget the bird strike.

It was an honor having him pitch for the Stros back in the day.

Very cool game!!!

That was a 1 in Infinity pitch. I've watched it 20 times at least.
Now someone can break my record in 30 seconds.
bqj36.gif

Last edited:
Very cool game!!!

That was a 1 in Infinity pitch. I've watched it 20 times at least.

That pigeon knocked the ball far out of the strike zone!!!!
Now that I think about it what did they do?
I'd imagine he gets another pitch.

You could stand on the beach throwing baseballs at a flock of sea gulls for 2 hours and
never make one explode like that.

Me? Awwww helll naw!!!!
In my youth I was a bartender in a sports bar with a pitching cage,batting cage a half court B-ball court and a 4 Ln. bowling alley.
My best was 86 mph. and I fucked my shoulder up in the process.

You could stand on the beach throwing baseballs at a flock of sea gulls for 2 hours and

Me? Awwww helll naw!!!!
In my youth I was a bartender in a sports bar with a pitching cage,batting cage a half court B-ball court and a 4 Ln. bowling alley.
I was a pitcher-3rd base - back-up catcher from age 8 to 16......but now I'm doing good to throw a frisbie
that far.

Me? Awwww helll naw!!!!
I was a pitcher-3rd base - back-up catcher from age 8 to 16......but now I'm doing good to throw a frisbie
that far.

I hear ya.
Played 3rd and catcher myself.
Just wasnt my game,the old man was the trainer for the Rockets yet he encouraged me to try all sports.
Surprisingly enough B-Ball was still my favorite.:04:

I hear ya.
Just wasnt my game,the old man was the trainer for the Rockets yet he encouraged me to try all sports.
I only played one year of high school because we moved and I hated the new coach.
That first year I never got to pitch but I played 3rd the last 5 games of the season--batted 400 with 1 HR, and single-handedly got a triple play one night. (playing the line at 3rd, bases loaded no outs.....the batter hits a screamer line drive in my face -- I somehow caught it , tagged the guy on third leading off and then faked a throw and ran the guy down coming from 2nd.) Wish I had it on film.

Very cool game!!!

HOF lock just because who he married along with the stellar career he has enjoyed.

A few years back some thought he was on the decline but after D-Town and going to H-Town he has rejuvenated his career...

Kind of remind you of Nolan Ryan days in a way...

I hear ya.
I only played one year of high school because we moved and I hated the new coach.
That first year I never got to pitch but I played 3rd the last 5 games of the season--batted 400 with 1 HR, and single-handedly got a triple play one night. (playing the line at 3rd, bases loaded no outs.....the batter hits a screamer line drive in my face -- I somehow caught it , tagged the guy on third leading off and then faked a throw and ran the guy down coming from 2nd.) Wish I had it on film.

Yeah..
I can think of a lot of sports moments I wish i had on film.

Very cool game!!!

i was in the stands for the 2 in Anaheim...

Ugh.....update on the minor leaguers Detroit got for JV.....Daz Cameron CF...hit .212 in AAA this year. Jake Rogers C....was called up the Show a couple weeks ago....hitting .111 (seriously) with several passed-balls. And finally, the fireballer pitching Franklin Perez who's shoulder is shot at age 22...been on the DL for that last two years. :102:

Very cool game!!!

I have now gotten to where i hate the astros as much as the yankees.they are the NEW team in the american league who BUYS their world series championships with the aquisition of Grieneke. when these two teams play in the championship game,i cannot root for either of them to win.

oh and dont get me wrong,I dont like the dodgers either,never have. i would MUCH rather see the padres be in the world series but LA,a team i dont like cause they are big market,is all i have to cheer for being a fan of california teams and all loving california and everything.

Very cool game!!!

I have now gotten to where i hate the astros as much as the yankees.they are the NEW team in the american league who BUYS their world series championships with the aquisition of Grieneke. when these two teams play in the championship game,i cannot root for either of them to win.

oh and dont get me wrong,I dont like the dodgers either,never have. i would MUCH rather see the padres be in the world series but LA,a team i dont like cause they are big market,is all i have to cheer for being a fan of california teams and all loving california and everything.

Have you looked at the discrepancy in total payroll vs the Stros,yankees and the dodgers?

The Stros are ranked sixth.

Not only that the Stros built their team from their farm league rather than buying all their talent.

Very cool game!!!

Have you looked at the discrepancy in total payroll vs the Stros,yankees and the dodgers?

Not only that the Stros built their team from their farm league rather than buying all their talent.

Like verlander and grienke are not one of the best pitchers in baseball? Lol

Very cool game!!!

MiLBY: Astros grow into Best Farm System

Very cool game!!!

So they spend their money wisely and build the rest from their outstanding farm league.

Forum List

Back