Verizon Union on strike!

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
The Verizon strike -- 45,000 union workers pitted against one of the giants of telecommunications -- showed no outward signs of ending today, and analysts said it may be a sign of the times, part of a seismic shift in the way people now link electronically with the rest of the world.

... As the strike continues, Verizon customers from Massachusetts to Washington, D.C., who need their landlines fixed, will have to wait for fill-in workers to come to their rescue.

Verizon Strike 2011: A Sign of the Times as Americans Go Wireless

I don't think is wrong to be on strike and protest against cutting benefits and work rules. What I see wrong here is this:

Verizon Communications Inc. reported a dozen cases of sabotaged cable lines and warned of delays in repairs and customer service on the second day of a strike involving about 45,000 employees.

The telecommunications company said there have been 12 acts of sabotage to telephone lines and to Internet and television services in Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York since the strike began.

Verizon reports sabotage as workers continue strike

Typical Union business. And they call TP's terrorists?

12 acts isn't really news worthy.

My freind works at Verizon. He got a job there b/c the pay a lot by the hour and the benies were great.

After 17 years his hourly was nearly $40 and his benefits would make a DC pol green with envy. He made enough to buy his own home and live a very good life where money is never a problem, no matter how much he wastes.

Then he started crying like a bitch b/c the company wants them to pony up for some of his benefits.

Told him; "Gee, If you pay what they are asking you to pay, you will only be able to burn through 49 clips of ammo instead of 50 a month."

Now he's crying about having to actual stand around for 4 hours a day 2 days a week and do the actual striking.

aside from that, he's good people.

It's not worthy because Union is doing it.

One act by the tea-party supporter would be all over the news.

Forum List

Back