verizon offshores hundreds of jobs this month

S

SmarterThanYou

I got the news that as of the 17th of this month, verizon is dumping all of their american based contractors and offshoring those jobs to india. Won't be long before other companies start doing more of the same as well as dumping their financial responsibilities to employees like pension funds.

Where is/are america/americans headed?

anyone see the major class split coming again, like it was in the early 1900's?

Im telling you.....keep the faith honey.
No matter what is going on there and no matter what anyone says here.

SmarterThanYou said:
I got the news that as of the 17th of this month, verizon is dumping all of their american based contractors and offshoring those jobs to india. Won't be long before other companies start doing more of the same as well as dumping their financial responsibilities to employees like pension funds.

:dunno: Maybe another Boston Tea Party is in order!

archangel said:
:dunno: Maybe another Boston Tea Party is in order!

[sarcasm]
What! And kill all those poor defenseless fish?! It's not like they are fetuses or something, these are actually living!
[/sarcasm]

SmarterThanYou said:

Been going on a long time, DK...
I have a term insurance policy...customer service call goes to Canada
Had a health insurance policy...customer service call went to Canada
My ISP...tech support...in India.

Mr. P said:
Been going on a long time, DK...
I have a term insurance policy...customer service call goes to Canada
Had a health insurance policy...customer service call went to Canada
My ISP...tech support...in India.

Word. My comp tech support has been in India for a couple years now.

Cal Tech = Calcutta Tech

Globalization will be a huge issue in the 2008 Presidential race. It was the main reason that the French voted against the EU Constitutional Treaty. Corporations will show no sympathy. They are looking for every possible way to reduce costs and declare increased bottom lines. What will prevent high paying American jobs fleeing overseas to cheap unregulated labor markets? Nothing. Except perhaps much higher American worker productivity, already the highest in the world.
Much of the recent concern about the productivity of U.S. workers has been prompted by uncertainty about the ability of domestic firms and workers to compete in an increasingly international marketplace. As growth in U.S. productivity has slowed over the past two decades and other countries achieve productivity levels similar to those in the United States, concern about the competitiveness of U.S. firms and workers has increased. Some attribute the loss of the nation's productivity advantage to what they claim is the limited ability of the U.S. educational system to provide students with the skills necessary to succeed in today's labor market. However, factors other than education also affect productivity, and these must be considered when comparing productivity, trends across countries: http://nces.ed.gov/pubs97/web/97939.asp

onedomino said:
Globalization will be a huge issue in the 2008 Presidential race. It was the main reason that the French voted against the EU Constitutional Treaty. Corporations will show no sympathy. They are looking for every possible way to reduce costs and declare increased bottom lines. What will prevent high paying American jobs fleeing overseas to cheap unregulated labor markets? Nothing. Except perhaps much higher American worker productivity, already the highest in the world.
that doesn't even stop it. look at the labor report for last month.

Yes but offshored "american" jobs stimulate economic growth in recipient nations, stimulating global demand, and thus strengthening America's economy. Gloabalization helps us more than it hurts us.

Huckleburry said:
Yes but offshored "american" jobs stimulate economic growth in recipient nations, stimulating global demand, and thus strengthening America's economy. Gloabalization helps us more than it hurts us.

Well, Im greedy I guess. I want my husband's job to stay his and stay in America. I know. Im horrible.

So long as you understand that his job probably comes at the expense of many other hardworking American wives and families than no, you are not horrible. You are greedy though.

Huckleburry said:
So long as you understand that his job probably comes at the expense of many other hardworking American wives and families than no, you are not horrible. You are greedy though.

Oh pluueeeaassee. It's perfectly NOT greedy for her to be concerned about her husband's job, since they do have a family to support and feed and stuff. :rolleyes:

Huckleburry said:

ummm ok. Whatever you say.

Sure Im greedy. I have this horrible habit that I passed onto my kids even. Its called the need to eat....and stuff.

:whatever:

It is not greedy to be concerned for your welfare. It is greedy to demand that your job be protected by tarrifs and trade barriers because your job comes at the expense of others. See the difference?

Huckleburry said:
It is not greedy to be concerned for your welfare. It is greedy to demand that your job be protected by tarrifs and trade barriers because your job comes at the expense of others. See the difference?

Not to speak for KL or anything, but I'm fairly certain she's hoping they'll just say "no". See the difference? Seriously.

Huckleburry said:

ey oh oh ey - did I say that? methinks.......................

NO SON!!! I did not.

Are you really thinking that Im saying these things? Or is this what youre doing? :blah2: I truly dont know. Enlighten me, please.

I said I dont like it. I dont like it no matter what the reason. I dont HAVE to like it-i dont see me EVER liking it - I dont even WANT to fricken like it.

I dont want anyone else to suffer either.

So let's not put words in my mouth, kiddo

Capice? Cool.

Thank you.
Dismissed.
:bye1:

Said1 said:
Not to speak for KL or anything, but I'm fairly certain she's hoping they'll just say "no". See the difference? Seriously.

Thanks :) I was starting to wonder if I was just impossible to understand :banana:

Huckleburry said:
Okay, I gotta ask...Who are the "others"?

Forum List

Back