Venezuelan Dictator Shuts Down CNN!

"Yay"?

Why "yay"?

I was making with the irony.

I still don't get it. How would it be ironic?

Here on this bulletin board, CNN is viewed as a cross between an entity run entirely by Klingons and a cabal of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Hence, when a totalitarian dictator who all of us would say is a bad thing to lead a country shuts down CNN, I would expect the CNN bashers here to line up behind the action of a despot. Hence, the ironic "yay." Comedy is a very risky business.

They are hiding something, that's why they went after CNN. These tactics illustrate how dangerous it is in some places when media reports the truth and investigates fiercely.

As long as media is accurate, honest and committed to journalism than it has value. Quite frankly outright banning CNN illustrates that Venezuaela is guilty of something and CNN is clearly onto something regarding the Iraq passport scandal. I heard about this story some time ago, these actions gives credence to CNN's reports.

"Yay"?

Why "yay"?

I was making with the irony.

I still don't get it. How would it be ironic?

Here on this bulletin board, CNN is viewed as a cross between an entity run entirely by Klingons and a cabal of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Hence, when a totalitarian dictator who all of us would say is a bad thing to lead a country shuts down CNN, I would expect the CNN bashers here to line up behind the action of a despot. Hence, the ironic "yay." Comedy is a very risky business.

That it is, certainly an inexact science. But perhaps it's your premise that's well not so much "ironic" as "pewteric". If you think that's the view of CNN you need to poke your head outside your bubble :lol:

Let us know when the trumpster shuts down CNN. Calling them out for their lies ain't the same thing no matter how desperately you would like to believe so.

It ain't the same thing, no. But it has the same objective.

"There are many paths...."

Still hanging in the air and not going away is this:

I'd bet there's a similar rhetoric in Spanish from Venezuela....

Let us know when the trumpster shuts down CNN. Calling them out for their lies ain't the same thing no matter how desperately you would like to believe so.

Bullshit. There's a huge difference between exposing corrupt journalists and shutting them down through force. Leave it to a dishonest person like you to consider them equal.

Bullshit. There's a huge difference between exposing corrupt journalists and shutting them down through force. Leave it to a dishonest person like you to consider them equal.

Yes, both of us just noted there's a difference. But they lead to the same place. Or as it's called lately, a "safe space". :gay:

Besides which, the Rump video I just posted IS about "shutting them down through force".

t

I'm okay with exposing corrupt journalists. If a jrournalist is taking money from a candidate, for example. If a journalist is taking money from a company to report on them. But I wouldn't go as far as to say the media are "the worst people" and "the enemy of the American people." That's like saying "all conservatives are Nazis." I'm conservative and not a Nazi. And if you don't see the difference between creating an enemy versus legitimate criticism, then we disagree.

t

I'm okay with exposing corrupt journalists. If a jrournalist is taking money from a candidate, for example. If a journalist is taking money from a company to report on them. But I wouldn't go as far as to say the media are "the worst people" and "the enemy of the American people." That's like saying "all conservatives are Nazis." I'm conservative and not a Nazi. And if you don't see the difference between creating an enemy versus legitimate criticism, then we disagree.

The trumpster is merely stating a fact. The MSM declared war on him when he became the nominee. He didn't start the war.

t

The trumpster is merely stating a fact. The MSM declared war on him when he became the nominee. He didn't start the war.

This concept continues to be hilariously ironic, since --- I'll say it until it sinks in --- the MSM created Rump, like it has created no other, certainly no other politician.

Commercial MSM craves attention to enable its ethicless addiction to ratings; Rump craves attention to enable his hopeless mental illness. They work a symbiotic exchange. It's the epitome of codependency. They are each other's meal tickets.

Which is not to imply that codependency is in balance --- MSM could exist without Rump, but the reverse is not so true. So Rump is more dependent on that relationship than the MSM is.

Which means, ironically, that with Rump in the Seat, the MSM is safe --- or at least its existence is. It's only a question of whether or not it will allow itself to be intimidated.

In the US we can speak out against CNN, Trump, the government and we won't get shut down.

Huge difference between Venezuela and the rest of the world.

In the US we can speak out against CNN, Trump, the government and we won't get shut down.

Huge difference between Venezuela and the rest of the world.
Another victim of CNN. You can speak against CNN, but you can´t escape CNN. Venezuela can. Venezuela is a democratic country, has even a majority opposition in the parliament.

Forum List

Back