Venezuelan Congress asking for International Support to Get Rid of Maduro

feck them I guess , would be my first thought . Let the venzies do it !!

Last edited:
The legislators then called on Venezuelans to "actively defend" the constitution, declaring they would ask the international community to "activate mechanisms" to restore democracy.

Venezuelan assembly declares 'coup' by Maduro govt

So does the U.S. help overthrow Maduro?

You should be thrashed for posing the question. Just saying.

Well hey, it wouldn't be the first time the U.S. has helped to overthrow a leader that was anti-American. Right?

The legislators then called on Venezuelans to "actively defend" the constitution, declaring they would ask the international community to "activate mechanisms" to restore democracy.

Venezuelan assembly declares 'coup' by Maduro govt

So does the U.S. help overthrow Maduro?

You should be thrashed for posing the question. Just saying.

Well hey, it wouldn't be the first time the U.S. has helped to overthrow a leader that was anti-American. Right?

We should just leave this alone. Let them solve their problems.

This is a huge break you buy it trap. The Venzies made this mess and at a bare minimum if just providing logistics to the neighboring countries is not enough let it sink.

Hey, they have lots of oil don't we want them to be our friends? :badgrin:

Really crappy oil. The bigger question is do we want to deal with the humanitarian crisis that will follow its collapse?

Or do you wait and then have to clean up after a civil war? So is intervention better?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- let them have their civil war and they can do the cleanup eh !!

trap already mentioned and it sounds like an expensive trap . I suppose that China will be willing to help , maybe Russia and 'cuber' [cuba] !! Actually this just sounds like another problem setup by mrobama .

trap already mentioned and it sounds like an expensive trap . I suppose that China will be willing to help , maybe Russia and 'cuber' [cuba] !! Actually this just sounds like another problem setup by mrobama .

What's such a big trap about it? You can turn a government that is hugely anti-American into Pro-American. You can get in tight with a country with TONS of oil, and not only that, but trade other goods that they might need for super cheap oil... A Pro-American Venezuela could open opportunities for American big companies to start selling more goods there... which means more jobs here.

There are a lot of benefits to it.

the money that will be spent plus the humanitarian aid and food to the venzies is my problem and is the trap . Then some of them will be shipped to the USA because they are sick , young , orphans , crippled , abused or otherwise messed up . As example , see the stories of Mexican woman and their kids getting USA / sanctuary help here in the USA because they have abusive husbands or have been raped .

the money that will be spent plus the humanitarian aid and food to the venzies is my problem and is the trap . Then some of them will be shipped to the USA because they are sick , young , orphans , crippled , abused or otherwise messed up . As example , see the stories of Mexican woman and their kids getting USA / sanctuary help here in the USA because they have abusive husbands or have been raped .

I saw a very good video today...

Hey, they have lots of oil don't we want them to be our friends? :badgrin:

Really crappy oil. The bigger question is do we want to deal with the humanitarian crisis that will follow its collapse?

Or do you wait and then have to clean up after a civil war? So is intervention better?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- let them have their civil war and they can do the cleanup eh !!

They can use their oil revenue to pay for cleaning up the mess.

Where's Chavez when ya need him?

Chavez created a lot of the problems they're dealing with right now. Add to that a collapse in oil prices. And just as bad, oil production infastructure crumbling, creating ever higher operating costs at substantially reduced rates of production. For them it's just the same old shit. Tin horn dictators are a dime a dozen in places like that.

They'll never realize their wealth in oil because of people like Chavez. Madura is no better, or worse.

Last edited:
This is a huge break you buy it trap. The Venzies made this mess and at a bare minimum if just providing logistics to the neighboring countries is not enough let it sink.

Chavez was wasting Crapazulan oil revenue on fueling that decades long war in Columbia. Now that the oil revenue is no longer there to support the war in Columbia, the fighting slowed to a crawl and they're looking for a way to end it altogether.

Forum List

Back