Venezuela drops US dollar will use euro for international transactions

every fiat on this rock has historically been polluted and failed.

now i'm no monetary wiz , but one can sense all the stress the $ is under, and there's plently of folks up on it here that can 'splain the specifics better than this 'ol boy can

~S~

now i'm no monetary wiz , but one can sense all the stress the $ is under, and there's plently of folks up on it here that can 'splain the specifics better than this 'ol boy can

~S~

That must be why so many countries are on a gold/silver standard.

Venezuela has oil which is stronger than any currency.

Exactly!

Which is why they can't afford food and toilet paper.
Countries with the strongest currency never have millions of their own citizens
flee into neighboring countries to avoid starvation.

Why are you so bothered by the countries with "worthless" currencies trading with each other? It is not the currency that people need. People need goods and services.

Why are you so excited about the countries with "worthless" currencies moving away from the dollar?

I want all the "third world" countries to be able to look after their citizens' well being. If this objective is served by trading in dollars then so be it. If it is not then they should trade in whatever currency that facilitates this objective. Your position is strange: you criticize (mock) the poverty in "third world" countries and then you criticize these "third world" countries for taking steps to alleviate their poverty. This indicates your inherent malice towards a group of people who are just trying to make their lives better.

This world needs less wars and more trades.
Your position is strange: you criticize (mock) the poverty in "third world" countries and then you criticize these "third world" countries for taking steps to alleviate their poverty.

I did? Where? Link?

Why are you against "third world" countries improving their conditions?

If there is less poverty in "third world" then that means less people from "third world" would want to migrate to "first world". This is good for both "first world" and "third world".

Exactly!

Which is why they can't afford food and toilet paper.
Countries with the strongest currency never have millions of their own citizens
flee into neighboring countries to avoid starvation.

Why are you so bothered by the countries with "worthless" currencies trading with each other? It is not the currency that people need. People need goods and services.

Why are you so excited about the countries with "worthless" currencies moving away from the dollar?

I want all the "third world" countries to be able to look after their citizens' well being. If this objective is served by trading in dollars then so be it. If it is not then they should trade in whatever currency that facilitates this objective. Your position is strange: you criticize (mock) the poverty in "third world" countries and then you criticize these "third world" countries for taking steps to alleviate their poverty. This indicates your inherent malice towards a group of people who are just trying to make their lives better.

Your position is strange: you criticize (mock) the poverty in "third world" countries and then you criticize these "third world" countries for taking steps to alleviate their poverty.

I did? Where? Link?

If there is less poverty in "third world" then that means less people from "third world" would want to migrate to "first world". This is good for both "first world" and "third world".

Why would you post such a scurrilous lie about me?

I did? Where? Link?

If they ("third world") don't trade in their currencies then their currencies will remain weak. This will affect their overall economic condition negatively. Your opposition to their trade in their native currencies demonstrates your ill will towards "third world". This is what I am trying to point out to you.

I did? Where? Link?

If they ("third world") don't trade in their currencies then their currencies will remain weak. This will affect their overall economic condition negatively. Your opposition to their trade in their native currencies demonstrates your ill will towards "third world". This is what I am trying to point out to you.

If they ("third world") don't trade in their currencies then their currencies will remain weak.

If they print more currency than is demanded, that will make their currency weak.

Your opposition to their trade in their native currencies demonstrates your ill will towards "third world".

Pointing out the lack of demand for a weak currency and the inadvisability of getting stuck with a pile of that currency in exchange for real goods is simply commonsense. But I have no power to stop people or governments from doing stupid things. Maybe it will work out for a while, maybe it will work out forever, why take the risk? It's not like those countries can afford to lose money on currency speculation.

One wonders how this did not happen at the very outset of the Euro. Those in charge of things in the "Old World" should have insisted at the start that if business were to be done with them, it would be in their coin.
It shows their lack of faith in themselves.
The American economy is so gigantic that all fear it.

Except China....which is vying to overtake the US economy

Study: China Will Overtake the U.S. as World's Largest Economy Before 2030

I'm predicting it will occur sooner...2023

One wonders how this did not happen at the very outset of the Euro. Those in charge of things in the "Old World" should have insisted at the start that if business were to be done with them, it would be in their coin.

Nah. China's recent printing press spree makes US QEs look like nothing.
Their house of cards is getting so shaky, the collapse is gonna be epic.

May God continue to bless American economy. May God bless "third world" economy as well. It is not a zero-sum game.

I did? Where? Link?

If they ("third world") don't trade in their currencies then their currencies will remain weak.

If they print more currency than is demanded, that will make their currency weak.

Your opposition to their trade in their native currencies demonstrates your ill will towards "third world".

Pointing out the lack of demand for a weak currency and the inadvisability of getting stuck with a pile of that currency in exchange for real goods is simply commonsense. But I have no power to stop people or governments from doing stupid things. Maybe it will work out for a while, maybe it will work out forever, why take the risk? It's not like those countries can afford to lose money on currency speculation.

A currency is backed by goods and services. If "third world" countries trade more goods and services, it will increase the value of their currencies. This does not mean, it will decrease the value of dollar. Dollar will continue to be the queen of the currencies.

Forum List

Back