Vendettas

OCA said:
Oh i've got that Mediterranean thing going, it simmers beneath the surface long and slow.

I got the German thing. I flares hot and fierce, then calms, only to rise hot and fierce again at a later time usually random in nature.

no1tovote4 said:
I got the German thing. I flares hot and fierce, then calms, only to rise hot and fierce again at a later time usually random in nature.

Random in nature! Now that could be a problem. lol

OCA said:
Random in nature! Now that could be a problem. lol

I had a dream once that my GF at the time had cheated on me. I woke with such anger I couldn't even speak to the girl...

I had to leave and calm myself. Yet, days later, when she wasn't even around, it flared again. I had to wait to return home so I wouldn't be all Ogre and Beestings for something that she hadn't even done...

It depends upon the reason for the vendetta. How were you wronged, OCA?

Vendettas or revenge are only usefull to anyone if it helps change someones behavior who is doing something wrong.

Otherwise, the anger is only bad for YOU. Forgiveness is in YOUR best interest.

Besides, if it was all laid out fairly, how many vendettas against YOU do you think should be carried out? I shudder at the thought.

Random acts of Kindness are much better.

Like, try taking a five gallon gas of can, and every other day, put it in your neighbors car, without them knowing. It could be hilarious too!

An example Im speaking of is this:

I was driving by when I noticed the home owner of the house my truck was parked in front of (its a major street) was throwing the trash in his yard into my truck. Now I threw it back, but I made sure he knew it was from me and why. Now, had I simply got back at him by doing something to his property, and he didnt know why or who, then it would have been useless. But by doing it the way I did, he will be more hesitant to throw trash in someones truck. Oh, I let him know I "saw" him doing it, so I think he will be less "secure" in doing things in public too !

OCA said:
I believe in vendettas and eye for an eye, don't all of you?

Stay tuned.

Iv'e been gone the last four days or so...what did I miss here????????

LuvRPgrl said:
Vendettas or revenge are only usefull to anyone if it helps change someones behavior who is doing something wrong.

Otherwise, the anger is only bad for YOU. Forgiveness is in YOUR best interest.

Besides, if it was all laid out fairly, how many vendettas against YOU do you think should be carried out? I shudder at the thought.

Random acts of Kindness are much better.

Like, try taking a five gallon gas of can, and every other day, put it in your neighbors car, without them knowing. It could be hilarious too!

An example Im speaking of is this:

I was driving by when I noticed the home owner of the house my truck was parked in front of (its a major street) was throwing the trash in his yard into my truck. Now I threw it back, but I made sure he knew it was from me and why. Now, had I simply got back at him by doing something to his property, and he didnt know why or who, then it would have been useless. But by doing it the way I did, he will be more hesitant to throw trash in someones truck. Oh, I let him know I "saw" him doing it, so I think he will be less "secure" in doing things in public too !

Dah..why were you parked in front of his house vs your own? Maybe he thought the "trash" was blowing out of your truck!

Forum List

Back