Vegas Solar Plant closing 20 M in fed subsidies

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I'm picking it up off of drudge. trying to get more details and a link. 14 months. Amonix I think it's called.

Obama can really claim his first term was green alright. Green bucks wasted away on green projects.

I've lost track of how many mega millions have been lost. Any one got a tally?

No wonder all Obama and the guys want to talk about is Bain and Romney's taxes, Obama's first term has been a royal fuck up.

Amonix closes North Las Vegas solar plant after 14 months, heavy federal subsidies

By Hubble Smith
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
Posted: Jul. 18, 2012 | 10:59 a.m.

The Amonix solar manufacturing plant in North Las Vegas, heavily financed under an Obama administration energy initiative, has closed its 214,000-square-foot facility 14 months after it opened.

Officials at Amonix headquarters in Seal Beach, Calif., have not responded to repeated calls for comment this week. The company today began selling equipment, from automated tooling systems to robotic welding cells.

A designer and manufacturer of concentrated photovoltaic solar power systems, Amonix received $6 million in federal tax credits and a $15.6 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy to build the plant in North Las Vegas.

Rene Kenerly, a former material and supply manager at Amonix, said the plant has been idle since May 1, when he was laid off. At its peak, the plant had ramped up to about 700 employees working three shifts a day to produce solar panels for a utility customer in Amarosa, Colo., he said.

"I don't think they had a lot of training," Kenerly said. "There were a lot of quality issues. A lot of stuff was coming back because it had some functionality issues."

The Amonix plant was highly touted by politicians and economic development officials when it opened in May 2011. Company executives said they would employ as many as 300 assembly line workers paid $12 to $14 an hour, plus benefits.

Rest of article at link:

Amonix closes North Las Vegas solar plant after 14 months, heavy federal subsidies - Business - ReviewJournal.com

Last edited:
I'm picking it up off of drudge. trying to get more details and a link. 14 months. Amonix I think it's called.

Obama can really claim his first term was green alright. Green bucks wasted away on green projects.

it doesnt matter anymore if no one can see it by now they just dont want to understand it and its simply not worth the time to explain to them anymore. Be glad u accept it and understand it.

it doesnt matter anymore if no one can see it by now they just dont want to understand it and its simply not worth the time to explain to them anymore. Be glad u accept it and understand it.

It's just unreal. And they still want more stimulus money. Well I guess the Dems need to launder more for their coffers.

Another one bites the dust.

I think green mail would be a better term for what all this green was about.

Forum List

Back