VeganMe says hello!

VeganMe

Newly vegan
Jul 28, 2012
Hi. :eusa_angel:

I'm new to this site, just joined today and only have a few posts so far. I actually joined because I was browsing the internet for comments on a movie I had recently seen that deeply moved me. I found a very nice thread on this site, so I basically joined to contact the person who started the thread. He shared a similar experience to me after having seen the film, so I felt the need to connect.

Anyway, it's funny because I'm not hugely into politics. Not much at all, actually. But I'm sure I'll be able to find some interesting topics to add my two cents into...every now and again. :) I'm a registered Independent so my political views are mixed moreso than fixed.

I'm female and in my early 20's. Just recently became vegan (as my name suggests!) due to that movie I watched. It changed my life. But I'll stop rambling now and wait for my welcome replies to roll in. ;) (Just kidding).

Hi. :eusa_angel:

I'm new to this site, just joined today and only have a few posts so far. I actually joined because I was browsing the internet for comments on a movie I had recently seen that deeply moved me. I found a very nice thread on this site, so I basically joined to contact the person who started the thread. He shared a similar experience to me after having seen the film, so I felt the need to connect.

Anyway, it's funny because I'm not hugely into politics. Not much at all, actually. But I'm sure I'll be able to find some interesting topics to add my two cents into...every now and again. :) I'm a registered Independent so my political views are mixed moreso than fixed.

I'm female and in my early 20's. Just recently became vegan (as my name suggests!) due to that movie I watched. It changed my life. But I'll stop rambling now and wait for my welcome replies to roll in. ;) (Just kidding).

You seem very easily influenced. Are you sure you're not a democrat? :lol:

@ Sunni Man - The name of the movie is "Earthlings." It can be watched on YouTube for free if anyone is interested. Most life-changing film I've seen so far in my life.

@ California Girl - Nope, I'm not a Democrat. Registered as Independent and have always stayed that way. I think it suits me well. :)

Oh yeah? Is it a tough crowd on this forum? I assume it can be, since politics can get pretty heated (both online and in real life discussion).

Oh yeah? Is it a tough crowd on this forum? I assume it can be, since politics can get pretty heated (both online and in real life discussion).
This is the Wild Fucking West, so yes....it's tough.

You will need a thick skin, because if you whine about much of anything, you will be ridiculed mercilessly. The key is to have a sense of humor and not take anything here personally. And, there are plenty of morons and whackadoodles here, too; but they provide great entertainment.

Good discussion can be found if you can separate the wheat from the chaff.

Enjoy!

Oh, and not ever a vegan, but I am a recovering vegetarian. :)

Last edited:

If you are not interested in politics, and can avoid the temptation to get involved in those discussions, then you might be fine. there are actually a great many non-politics discussions here as well. if you can avoid the temptation to get involved in the many interesting political discussions then I will be very impressed.

@ PredFan - Well, I won't go out of my way to avoid posting in the politics section. I already posted twice in there, but kept things polite.

Why do vegans and homos feel the need to announce to the world their personal proclivities?

Whether you won't eat a steak; or like having your fudge packed.

Just do your thing but please leave the rest of us alone. :cool:

^Sorry, didn't mean to offend you in any way. I just figured I'd explain a bit why I joined the site and the reason for my name.

Why do vegans and homos feel the need to announce to the world their personal proclivities?

Whether you won't eat a steak; or like having your fudge packed.

Just do your thing but please leave the rest of us alone. :cool:

Not very nice... Why did you feel the need to announce you are Sunni???

I get my vegetables through eating animals that ate vegetables. I is full of vegetables.

Seriously, I'm way healthier than every vegan I have ever met in person. A balanced diet is really the best way to go. At least take an iron supplement.

^I take a multivitamin every morning that has tons of healthy things my body needs :) It's awesome. And one thing you said which I wanted to point out is true: you're right that a lot of vegans aren't healthy. But a lot of meat-eaters aren't either. Any diet has the potential to be unhealthy if someone eats too much or too little of anything (calories/carbs/sugar/sodium/so on)...

The problem that certain vegans encounter are poor diet choices, due to lack of research. I've been doing a ton of research though, and have discovered some neat facts. Vegans can get their essential proteins through a variety of animal-free foods and many are still pretty tasty. :)

It's all about balance, in any diet/eating plan.

Forum List

Back