'vectorwest Has Eerie Feel

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Oops sorry about the title....Should of been Victory twist has Eerie Feel.......

Yeah, you go Joe....I never thought I'd cheer for a Democrat...But I just can't help myself with this one....The Democrats don't even realize that they just lost a Senate seat when Joe runs as an independent and wins.....Their too busy celebrating a worthless victory of some no name, nobody......MAYBE the moderate Dems will see who has taken over their party and switch over............??????:eek: :dance:

August 9, 2006 -- HARTFORD, Conn. - The voters have spoken. But Joe Lieberman isn't listening.
I hope he knows what he's doing.

It was the quickest concession speech in modern history, and the strangest. Last night, Sen. Joe took the stage in a hotel here and admitted, sort of, that he was a loser.

He'd lost the Democratic primary for the Senate seat he's held for 18 years, but you'd never know it. Because in a flash, Joe turned a nasty defeat into a kind of righteous victory.

Joe isn't giving in. Today, he will file the papers so he can run for the Senate as an independent.

Seconds after saying he'd congratulated Ned Lamont, Joe was taking a vicious swipe at him - the kind I wish he'd dished out weeks ago.

But he just could not admit Lamont had won.

"The old politics of partisan polarization won today," Joe said.

The people in the crowd cheered with more energy than this campaign has generated in weeks. But some weren't so thrilled.

Joe told the crowd to e-mail him ideas for making Connecticut a better place. This led a woman to shout, "Can we have peace?"

And you think the voters were divided before on Joe's support of the war?

Mike Palazzo of Bristol considers himself a staunch Lieberman guy. But this turn of events left him cold.

"There are so many potential dangers to our party," he said.

Joe can't let go. He may well win in the general election. And start a war in his party. The Senate would be a poorer place without Joe. I hope he knows what he thinks he's doing.:rotflmao:

http://www.nypost.com/commentary/victory_twist_has_eerie_feel_commentary_andrea_peyser.htm

Forum List

Back