Vatican opposes UN resolution decriminalizing homosexuality

Father Time

I'll be Still Alive
Nov 29, 2008
Remember folks these are the same people who disapproved of Hussein's execution.

Yahoo News

The resolution would have decriminalized homosexuality and not let countries jail or execute gays for being gay.

"Archbishop Celestino Migliore said the Vatican opposed the resolution because it would "add new categories of those protected from discrimination" and could lead to reverse discrimination against traditional heterosexual marriage.

"If adopted, they would create new and implacable discriminations," Migliore said. "For example, states which do not recognise same-sex unions as 'matrimony' will be pilloried and made an object of pressure," Migliore said."

"Franco Grillini, founder and honorary president of Arcigay, Italy's leading gay rights group, said the Vatican's reasoning smacked of "total idiocy and madness."

"The French resolution, which is supported by all 27 members of the European Union, has nothing to do with gay marriage. It is about stopping jail and the death penalty for homosexuals," Grillini told Reuters."

So not jailing and executing gay people will eventually lead to gay marriage and reverse discrimination. What an amazing use of the slippery slope fallacy.

It sounds kind of paranoid don't you think.

Now consider this

The second link

"The Holy See takes this occasion to welcome and affirm again its support for all initiatives aimed at defending the inherent and inviolable value of all human life from conception to natural death,"

But apparently when defending human life comes with a small chance of accepting gays they back away.

I nominate the Catholic Church for hypocrites of the year.

Last edited:
Wow. Pope to gays: Merry Christmas (or as Ann Coulter would say, Fuck You!)

That is pretty damn sick.

Wow. Pope to gays: Merry Christmas (or as Ann Coulter would say, Fuck You!)

That is pretty damn sick.

No doubt, the Vatican can see some sort of wisdom in their official stance to cower in the face of treachery. :cuckoo:

It's times like these when I'm ashamed to call myself Catholic. I believe it is nothing more than uninspired human failings that have disgraced the church over the years, so I try to keep the faith nonetheless.

catholics are against homosexuality and the death penalty, no hypocrisy there and Mr Bass is *NOT* the biggest fan of that cult called Catholicism.

:disbelief:

Charlie, are my eyes deceiving me or did you just sympathize with the gays?

In this case, yes, what people do in the bedroom shouldn't be criminalised unless its incest, rape, statutory rape, molestation. OTOH, what people do in their bedrooms should *NOT* get preferential, special treatment from the government and should *NOT* be glamourised in the media.

In this case, yes, what people do in the bedroom shouldn't be criminalised unless its incest, rape, statutory rape, molestation. OTOH, what people do in their bedrooms should *NOT* get preferential, special treatment from the government and should *NOT* be glamourised in the media.

You do realize the media glamorizes heterosexual sex between minors more than anything gay. The most about the gay community they glamorize is their better style of dress and decor. I often wonder if you are just jealous because most women actually compliment gay men on their fashion sense than you.

In the Koran, yes, and also in Iran, which operates under Sharia law. Iran routinely kills people for the crime of being gay.

IranExecutesGayTeens.jpg

On another board, Sunni made the quite bold statement that he supported the killing of a woman who was charged with sex crimes for being the victim of a rape.

p.s. Both the old and new testaments of the Bible call for similar treatment of gays/lesbians. Fortunately, this isn't enforced for the most part.

Last edited:

I agree. Heterosexuals should not get preferential treatment from the government or their sex glamourized in the movies. Marriage equality is a civil rights issue.

I agree. Heterosexuals should not get preferential treatment from the government or their sex glamourized in the movies. Marriage equality is a civil rights issue.

I don't understand why you don't want lesbian sex glamorized. I don't think there's anything hotter than lesbian sex.

FatLesbians.png

In the Koran, yes, and also in Iran, which operates under Sharia law. Iran routinely kills people for the crime of being gay.

They are Muslim countries and that is their law. I'm not sure I am qualified to tell them how they should run their country. If they wanted to join the UN, of course they would have to change this law.

The UK is already adopting Sharia Law. I wonder when Muslims in Britain will start executing homosexuals?

They are Muslim countries and that is their law. I'm not sure I am qualified to tell them how they should run their country. If they wanted to join the UN, of course they would have to change this law.

The UK is already adopting Sharia Law. I wonder when Muslims in Britain will start executing homosexuals?

I wonder if the UK's human rights commission would suggest that this was only people living their culture...

I don't understand the uproar over this. It isn't news that the Catholic church doesn't embrace homosexuality. If followers of the faith disagree they can stop being Catholic.

I don't understand the uproar over this. It isn't news that the Catholic church doesn't embrace homosexuality. If followers of the faith disagree they can stop being Catholic.

You mean you don't see any hypocrisy in an organization that sheltered and protected pedophiles suggesting that gay people don't deserve to be protected from death penalties in Islamic countries? :eusa_whistle:

You mean you don't see any hypocrisy in an organization that sheltered and protected pedophiles suggesting that gay people don't deserve to be protected from death penalties in Islamic countries? :eusa_whistle:

Countries in the UN don't always follow UN rules for starters. Secondly, if people feel there's hypocrisy they can always leave the church. If enough people leave I'm sure they'll change their ways to keep followers.

Forum List

Back