Vatican Makes It Clear: Abortion - A Crime, Condemns Gay Marriage

ScreamingEagle said:
If you really believe that, then you better restrict all your comments to only things that you PERSONALLY have experienced.

That should pretty much shut you up. :cof:

Hey bonehead... you're the one telling us that Mary Cheney has no say on the matter because she's a... how'd you put it again... "a lesbian daughter of the Vice President"...

dmp said:
Sorry...but your Grandpa's thoughts on marriage are foolish; or He just completely misses the point. Seems the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, eh? :(

Thank goodness!

Maybe he found the secret to marriage doesn't include giving a rat's ass about who else is getting married.

ScreamingEagle said:
Yep, his Grandpa and the Pope's Grandpa would probably disagree with each other too. :D
(bet he never thought that the Pope actually grew up in a family before)

So, being a child in a family and a parent or a spouse in a family are the same thing?

You must be a childless bachelor to believe such a thing.

dmp said:
Sorry...but your Grandpa's thoughts on marriage are foolish; or He just completely misses the point. Seems the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, eh? :(

Oh, and dmp... I think he completely and fully recognizes "the point" as you put it... the point is that there are still plenty of people who hate anyone unlike themselves... and he thinks that's stupid.

jasendorf said:
Hey bonehead... you're the one telling us that Mary Cheney has no say on the matter because she's a... how'd you put it again... "a lesbian daughter of the Vice President"...

Lord Almighty, what rock did you come out from? Did I ever imply that Mary Cheney didn't have the freedom to express herself? Are you being obtuse on purpose or are you just another sad result of our liberal educational system?

My point was that you choose a pretty much unqualified nobody like Mary Cheney as your leader instead of much more qualified leaders - just because she is gay. But hey, if you want a lesbian - who just happens to be the daughter of our VP - for your leader, that is your choice...:rolleyes:

So, being a child in a family and a parent or a spouse in a family are the same thing?

You must be a childless bachelor to believe such a thing.

You were the one talking about your Grandpa's opinion. Why shouldn't the Pope's Grandpa also have an opinion?

Like I said before, if you really think a person must experience a subject before he can form an opinion about it, then you'd pretty much better shut up.

jasendorf said:
Thank goodness!

Maybe he found the secret to marriage doesn't include giving a rat's ass about who else is getting married.

Who says your grandpa has found a 'secret' to marriage? His marriage is beside the point.

If you'd like to educate yourself, search thru this forum for the GayMarriage threads. It's not about marriage to gays - it's about them seeking special rights to sanction their mental/emotional weaknesses.

Kathianne said:
Oh, there are plenty of Catholics and Christians in power, but like GW bringing up the amendment issue he knew would be shot down, they don't really want to go there. Doesn't mean they think abortion is ok, they don't for the most part. Yet most care more about votes. Henry Hyde was a notable exception.

The fact that politicians will lose votes on this issue is a pretty clear indication that it isn't something into which government should insert itself and that people should be guided by their own moral judgments.

jillian said:
The fact that politicians will lose votes on this issue is a pretty clear indication that it isn't something into which government should insert itself and that people should be guided by their own moral judgments.

yeah. same with murder and stealing. Who are we to say it's wrong. Crime should be a personal decision.

jasendorf said:
The Pope has never even been married... if we're going to use experience as a factor in who we choose to lead us... I'll go with my grandpa who has been married 57 years... he says that any moron who thinks gay marriage affects their marriage or the institution of marriage in any way has an awfully shallow marriage or no marriage at all.

I mean, really... marriage advice from an 80-year-old bachelor of no discernable sexual preference??? Please.

I assume then that you would never take a History course from someone who hadn't actually lived in the time period/event being taught. What a narrow-minded and illogical argument.

New Topics

Forum List

Back