Vatican Intensifies Drive To Stop Child Sex Abuse In Church

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
It ain't rocket science. Stop taking pedophiles into the priesthood. Then....when one is discovered can his arse instead of moving him to another parish.

There are more pedophiles in the teaching profession, in sports coaching, in youth workers, in other Churches, in children's entertainers, and a whole bunch of others.

Currently, 120 priests - out of 400,000 stand accused of child abuse.

Your hyperbolic bullshit is dismissed as, well, hyperbolic bullshit.

Again.

Oh and.... normal protocol is to provide a link if you are addressing a specific news item. Moron.

There are more pedophiles in the teaching profession, in sports coaching, in youth workers, in other Churches, in children's entertainers, and a whole bunch of others.

Again.

Oh and.... normal protocol is to provide a link if you are addressing a specific news item. Moron.

LOL.........it's like not seeing the elephant in the room. You do remember that Catholic priests must be celibate don't you. If they would change that one requirement the only thing that would be going on is a lot of the local women would take care of the priestly pressure. In other words real men would serve the priesthood.

Again.

LOL.........it's like not seeing the elephant in the room. You do remember that Catholic priests must be celibate don't you. If they would change that one requirement the only thing that would be going on is a lot of the local women would take care of the priestly pressure. In other words real men would serve the priesthood.

Yes, I'm aware. I'm also aware that more priests leave the priesthood because they fall in love with some female than are defrocked and accused of pedophilia. 120 - out of 400,000. As I said, most other professions with access to children have far worse problems than the Church. But please, don't let that fact get in the way of your hyperbole. You never have before.

It ain't rocket science. Stop taking pedophiles into the priesthood. Then....when one is discovered can his arse instead of moving him to another parish.

Can you tell a pedophile by looking at them? I am sure LA, and every other schoold district in the country, would love to have you services. If not, you should just keep your mouth shut so you don't confirm you are an idiot.

Again.

Apparently you are not up on the fact that there are some priest in the Catholic Church that are married.

Again.

Right. Pedophiles would change their stripes because of being married. Why doesn't that work with other groups where marriage is allowed? Oh yeah, it doesn't.

Ask how many girls had an encounter with a friend's father that made them get 'the creeps?' Many. Now what about boys around male adults that were homosexual pedophiles? I can't speak to that, as a female, but I'd bet the results would be close.

Pedophiles are pedophiles. Heterosexuals and homosexuals that are looking for partners are NOT pedophiles.

Again.

Right. Pedophiles would change their stripes because of being married. Why doesn't that work with other groups where marriage is allowed? Oh yeah, it doesn't.

Ask how many girls had an encounter with a friend's father that made them get 'the creeps?' Many. Now what about boys around male adults that were homosexual pedophiles? I can't speak to that, as a female, but I'd bet the results would be close.

Pedophiles are pedophiles. Heterosexuals and homosexuals that are looking for partners are NOT pedophiles.

It's not about pedophiles, it's driven by anti-Christian sentiments, the Catholics are just today's scapegoat. Well, us and the Mormons... with Mitt polling well against Obama.

Again.

That is not true. Many people who molest children are married adults. Somehow you missed that fact. They are pedophiles because they are sexually attracted to children. Not because they can't marry.

Again.

Some are...........NAMBLA......NAMBLA.....NAMBLA........

It's not about pedophiles, it's driven by anti-Christian sentiments, the Catholics are just today's scapegoat. Well, us and the Mormons... with Mitt polling well against Obama.

Seems to me that all this crap took place in the Catholic church....not the Methodist or the Baptist. Or did I misread all the news reports for about ten years

I never did trust men who wear colored gowns and fondle beads

Last edited:

Seems to me that all this crap took place in the Catholic church....not the Methodist or the Baptist. Or did I misread all the news reports for about ten years

No idea what you've been reading the last ten years, but I know Ive read about tons of stories where pedophies weren't Catholic priests. Heck, I've represented some. Disgusting cases. Never wanted to wash my hands after reading evidence till then.

On the plus side, the fact that you are so ignorant of pedophiles indicates that you aren't one. Shows me there are good things about some people who act really nasty towards others.

No idea what you've been reading the last ten years, but I know Ive read about tons of stories where pedophies weren't Catholic priests. Heck, I've represented some. Disgusting cases. Never wanted to wash my hands after reading evidence till then.

On the plus side, the fact that you are so ignorant of pedophiles indicates that you aren't one. Shows me there are good things about some people who act really nasty towards others.

Are you blind

The whole country knows about sexual child abuse by Catholic priests and bishops and the coverups which stretched all the way to the Vatican and the pope. It's only been in the papers for about 10-15 years now.

Here's the problem.

If they Catholic CHurch put out a help wanted ad, it would look like this.

"Wanted. Adult males who have absolutely no interest in sex with adult females. Job will require spending lots of unsupervised time with small children. Apply to Benedick16@vatican .com"

Yes, I'm aware. I'm also aware that more priests leave the priesthood because they fall in love with some female than are defrocked and accused of pedophilia. 120 - out of 400,000. As I said, most other professions with access to children have far worse problems than the Church. But please, don't let that fact get in the way of your hyperbole. You never have before.

Still trying to downplay the problem. ..

Draft survey: 4,450 priests accused of sex abuse - CNN

Children accused more than 4,000 priests of sexual abuse between 1950 and 2002, according to a draft survey for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.

The survey, to be released February 27, found that children made more than 11,000 allegations of sexual abuse by priests. The 4,450 accused priests represent about 4 percent of the 110,000 priests who served during the 52 years covered by the study.

The report is based on a nationwide survey of church records, and was compiled by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice for the conference. The bishops' conference commissioned the survey to get a better understanding of the scope of the crisis.

Here's the problem.

If they Catholic CHurch put out a help wanted ad, it would look like this.

"Wanted. Adult males who have absolutely no interest in sex with adult females. Job will require spending lots of unsupervised time with small children. Apply to Benedick16@vatican .com"

LOL.....hard to be serious after that but you nailed it!

Forum List

Back