Vatican Hypocrisy or Double Standards?

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
Last night I was having a drink with a friend who works as an accountant for the beancounters KPMG. During the course of the conversation, he let me in on quite an interesting story that has been common knowledge in the higher echelons of the Roman Catholic church for some time now.

Two years ago, he and his team were contracted to do some audit work for the Vatican; which at the time was trying to promote a more transparent image of accountability concerning church finances. About halfway through the audit, a rather suspect donor kept appearing. This donor was conspicuous in that it was a subsiduary of the arms manufacturer EADS. The firm that build, amongst other things, the Eurofighter Typhoon fighter jet.

This was brought to the attention of some of the Vatican representatives assigned to assist the auditors. They said that they'd look into the matter, but it seemed that the message wasn't passed on to their superiors.

Now, this does rather beg the question: is the Roman Catholic church, by extension, ignoring the fifth commandment that dictates, "Thou shalt not kill"?

And surely, by accepting donations from an organisation that is responsible for the manufacture and supply of instruments of death, does that make them complicit in any bloodshed caused by the weapons that provide funds to the Catholic Church?

Also, understand "Who is sinning"

The Catholic Church takes tithes/donations from sinners. That does not make the Church guilty of the sin created by those sinners..

By the way, The church also gives to sinners---again, the church is not guilty due to what the sinners do with the gift from the church.

Last edited:
Last night I was having a drink with a friend who works as an accountant for the beancounters KPMG. During the course of the conversation, he let me in on quite an interesting story that has been common knowledge in the higher echelons of the Roman Catholic church for some time now.

Two years ago, he and his team were contracted to do some audit work for the Vatican; which at the time was trying to promote a more transparent image of accountability concerning church finances. About halfway through the audit, a rather suspect donor kept appearing. This donor was conspicuous in that it was a subsiduary of the arms manufacturer EADS. The firm that build, amongst other things, the Eurofighter Typhoon fighter jet.

This was brought to the attention of some of the Vatican representatives assigned to assist the auditors. They said that they'd look into the matter, but it seemed that the message wasn't passed on to their superiors.

Now, this does rather beg the question: is the Roman Catholic church, by extension, ignoring the fifth commandment that dictates, "Thou shalt not kill"?

And surely, by accepting donations from an organisation that is responsible for the manufacture and supply of instruments of death, does that make them complicit in any bloodshed caused by the weapons that provide funds to the Catholic Church?

I would ask your friend why he breached the confidentiality of a client.

Let me guess.... at the Blue Oyster?

I would ask your friend why he breached the confidentiality of a client.

What, you've never shared a few confidential details you've stumbled upon at work (that may be cause for concern) with friends or loved ones?

Let me guess.... at the Blue Oyster?

Let me guess... You came across this thread purely by chance, or because you keep track of what California Girl posts on, in case she needs an e-knight in shining armour?

What, you've never shared a few confidential details you've stumbled upon at work (that may be cause for concern) with friends or loved ones?

Long answer short.... no.

And for this very reason. You are sharing privileged information that your friend had no business sharing in the first place.

And for this very reason. You are sharing privileged information that your friend had no business sharing in the first place.

Indeed. I've never shared confidential information either. I guess some of us know how to keep confidential information as confidential.

Indeed. I've never shared confidential information either. I guess some of us know how to keep confidential information as confidential.

You're seriously trying to tell me that you've never shared confidential information? And you tell us that you're a journalist/writer? In any case, I don't believe either you or Syrenn have never divulged private information - work related or otherwise.

You're seriously trying to tell me that you've never shared confidential information? And you tell us that you're a journalist/writer? In any case, I don't believe either you or Syrenn have never divulged private information - work related or otherwise.

There is a vast difference between private information...and privileged information you have with a client. A client is paying you to keep your mouth shut and to keep their information and secrets......to yourself and secret.

I think you need to understand the difference between 'kill' and 'war'.
cg,

the quote in your sig says that the CC would be FORCED TO PAY FOR BC Pills...

You do KNOW that they are not being forced to pay for them, right? You do know that this was the compromise that Obama came up with for them, that they would NOT be FORCE TO PAY FOR THEM....right?

If you do know this, then why keep that quote, which is a LIE in your signature?

I never have. I also had to sign an agreement with the corporations that I have worked for, stating I would never divulge any confidential information, even after I was let go, and I never have....

I have never said anything about being a journalist... I am not a journalist. I am a writer. There is a big difference.... and I have interviewed people and have always been very clear about one thing. Don't ever tell me anything you don't want in the public arena. So, no, I have never shared confidential information.... being a writer, reputation is important. I rely on my reputation for being ethical.

cg,

You do KNOW that they are not being forced to pay for them, right? You do know that this was the compromise that Obama came up with for them, that they would NOT be FORCE TO PAY FOR THEM....right?

If you do know this, then why keep that quote, which is a LIE in your signature?

Because that 'compromise' was jack shit. It's not a lie when your messiah is trying to force my Church to go against its doctrine. Nothing changed with his 'compromise' so nothing changes with our fight. We didn't pick the fight.... he did. Fuck him. He's just the President, not God.

cg,

Because that 'compromise' was jack shit. It's not a lie when your messiah is trying to force my Church to go against its doctrine. Nothing changed with his 'compromise' so nothing changes with our fight. We didn't pick the fight.... he did. Fuck him. He's just the President, not God.
Pay for the murder of the unborn.....what is THAT about? they do not have to pay for the BC pills...that's a fact.

and are you saying that BC pills kill humans?

and it is not just YOUR church ya know, it's the church of many....isn't it?

and WHERE is it a DOCTRINE of the catholic church, while you say the death penalty is NOT doctrine? Either they are BOTH DOCTRINE or neither are Doctrine....no?

anyway, I gotta skedaddle, you can answer me via pm or one of the threads on this, just leave me a link to where I am suppose to go, so I don't miss it.... (I don't want to continue to hijack this thread!)

Love,

Care

Last edited:

Forum List

Back