Vatican Condemns Israel? What's Going On!!?

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
The Vatican sounds like the far left contingent in our country(U.S.). It's as though they have their collective heads in the sand....or, they, the Catholic church now are siding with Islamic Terrorists? This is ridiculous!!

Lebanon is allowing Hezbolah to operate within their borders in Southern Lebanon, they allow them to have influence in Lebanese politics, and Israel is being attacked for violating their sovereignty?

Hezbolah crosses the Lebanese-Israeli border and attacks Israelis, but Israel is condemned.

The Catholic church even sounds like the Russian's response, that basically says, Israel's response is disproportionate...........Bull........I say. Hit'em hard, and make them remember the sting......Make the Lebanese populous hate the presence of Hezbollah in their country.
Whose running the Vatican.........it sure isn't God calling the shots.......All along I thought the Vatican had a hotline to heaven and could do no wrong...........but this is a travesty! If they keep this up, a big old lightening bolt is going to make toast of the Vatican. It's one thing to be a prophet, but it's hell to pay if your a false prophet/representative of the church of Christ.

Israel is like the prodigal son to God........and the Vatican is taking the side of the brother that stayed home and was a "goody-two-shoes" but in reality was worse-off than the prodigal.

What back-stabbers!!

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060714/3/2n5ti.html
Friday July 14, 7:36 PM

Vatican condemns Israel for attacks on Lebanon

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican on Friday strongly deplored Israel's strikes on Lebanon, saying they were "an attack" on a sovereign and free nation.
Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Angelo Sodano said Pope Benedict and his aides were very worried that the developments in the Middle East risked degenerating into "a conflict with international repercussions."

"In particular, the Holy See(Holy What? Makes Pontius Pilate seem like a fair guy in comparison!) deplores right now the attack on Lebanon, a free and sovereign nation, and assures its closeness to these people who already have suffered so much to defend their independence," he told Vatican Radio.

Israel struck Beirut airport again on Friday and bombed Lebanese roads, power supplies and communication networks in a widening campaign after Hizbollah guerrillas seized two Israeli soldiers and killed eight.

Sodano said the Vatican condemned both "terroristic attacks" and military reprisals.

Hizbollah, which wants to trade its captives for prisoners held in Israel, has showered rockets across the frontier in its fiercest bombardment since 1996 when Israel launched a 17-day blitz against southern Lebanon and Hizbollah.

It's embarrassing. There really isn't any excuse. Typical knee jerk, 'protect the poor innocents' while ignoring facts.

I think the Vatican would like to see this portrayed as the Protestants and Jews against Islam. Reformation payback.

im seriously surprised at this move i would have thought they would be in favor of self defense.

im seriously surprised at this move i would have thought they would be in favor of self defense.
and according to St.Thomas Aquinas, they should have been. :coffee3:

Kathianne said:
and according to St.Thomas Aquinas, they should have been. :coffee3:

They also should be teaching that everyone needs jesus. Now they are teaching heresy.

rtwngAvngr said:
They also should be teaching that everyone needs jesus. Now they are teaching heresy.

Last time I checked the Catholics were teaching that everyone needs Jesus. has this changed at all?

Last time I checked the Catholics were teaching that everyone needs Jesus. has this changed at all?

They're saying jews don't need jesus. Is that what you believe? That is heretical. Jesus most definitely told the jews they needed him.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2002/131/52.0.html
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops this week released a document titled Reflections on Covenant and Mission, which said Christians should not evangelize Jews. "[The] evangelizing task no longer includes the wish to absorb the Jewish faith into Christianity and so end the distinctive witness of Jews to God in human history," the bishops said. " Thus, while the Catholic Church regards the saving act of Christ as central to the process of human salvation for all, it also acknowledges that Jews already dwell in a saving covenant with God."

rtwngAvngr said:
They're saying jews don't need jesus. Is that what you believe? That is heretical. Jesus most definitely told the jews they needed him.

Since when are they saying that?

rtwngAvngr said:
At least since the article. Maybe sooner? :dunno:

No where in that article does it even suggest that. So I have no clue what you are talking about:wtf:

No where in that article does it even suggest that. So I have no clue what you are talking about:wtf:

allow me

Thus, while the Catholic Church regards the saving act of Christ as central to the process of human salvation for all, it also acknowledges that Jews already dwell in a saving covenant with God."

rtwngAvngr said:
Are you retarded?

Maybe you'll find the help you need here.

http://www.rif.org

No Im not. Im looking at the main article. not what you post at the bottom of the post. There is no need to be rude.

Honestly im quite flabergasted at the statement. Its not a good day when the largest Chrsitian community in the world starts saying Christ isnt necessary.

No Im not. Im looking at the main article. not what you post at the bottom of the post. There is no need to be rude.

Honestly im quite flabergasted at the statement. Its not a good day when the largest Chrsitian community in the world starts saying Christ isnt necessary.

Yeah. It's not good. Everyone's buying into all this new age (noahidic masonism) crap. The bible says that even the most high will believe lies or something like that.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yeah. It's not good. Everyone's buying into all this new age (noahidic masonism) crap. The bible says that even the most high will believe lies or something like that.

I have a hard time believing THAT one. You do realize that the Most High is one of God the Father's titles dont you? I highly doubt He is going to believe lies:p: Thats the only reference to the Most High Ive ever heard of in the scriptures.

I have a hard time believing THAT one. You do realize that the Most High is one of God the Father's titles dont you? I highly doubt He is going to believe lies:p: Thats the only reference to the Most High Ive ever heard of in the scriptures.

Yeah. And you were just sure the catholic church would NEVER say anyone didn't need christ.

I just mean even the so called "leaders of the church" will teach lies.

http://www.boap.org/LDS/Apostasy.pt1.html

Gal. 1: 6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

2Thess. 2: 7. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Titus 1: 10. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11. Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.... 15. Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure: but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient. and unto every good work reprobate. (See also 1 Tim. l:6; 2 Tim. 2:18.)

rtwngAvngr said:
Yeah. And you were just sure the catholic church would NEVER say anyone didn't need christ.

I just mean even the so called "leaders of the church" will teach lies.

http://www.boap.org/LDS/Apostasy.pt1.html

Gal. 1: 6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

2Thess. 2: 7. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Titus 1: 10. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11. Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.... 15. Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure: but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient. and unto every good work reprobate. (See also 1 Tim. l:6; 2 Tim. 2:18.)

Paul's reference to being careful of any and all messages saying, "Here's the Christs or over here, this is Him.", is to teach the body of believers to be careful of all messages. What they presume to be from an heavenly being may not be a messenger of God.

What did Paul say that the Berean believers did when confronted with "thus sayeth the Lord" messages.?......They immediately would go to the Holy scriptures to verify if the message was in agreement with the Word of God. This was the ultimate and final test.

"Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word(scriptures) of God."

So things that seem to be from the Most High, may not be from the Most High...........No where in the bible does it say, that the Most High will be fooled, or mis-led. If that's the case, then God is fallible, and man is in a heap of trouble.

The bible mentions that Satan is the leader of a vast demonic host, that desires to corrupt the uncorruptible(impossible to do, but Satan is deluded), and to lead God's people into wild goose chases, and false doctrines........etc.

Number one, test all messages against scripture. Number 2, test all alleged messengers of God, as to their beliefs of the nature of Christ, and the Triune Godhead. Do they deny Christ's virgin birth, death, ressurrection, both his total humanity, and total diety as God?

The Most High has often been used in scripture in reference to the Godhead, unless it was used as an adjective with reference to an authoritative figure, or king, i.e. most high emperor.:)

Eightball said:
Paul's reference to being careful of any and all messages saying, "Here's the Christs or over here, this is Him.", is to teach the body of believers to be careful of all messages. What they presume to be from an heavenly being may not be a messenger of God.

What did Paul say that the Berean believers did when confronted with "thus sayeth the Lord" messages.?......They immediately would go to the Holy scriptures to verify if the message was in agreement with the Word of God. This was the ultimate and final test.

"Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word(scriptures) of God."

So things that seem to be from the Most High, may not be from the Most High...........No where in the bible does it say, that the Most High will be fooled, or mis-led. If that's the case, then God is fallible, and man is in a heap of trouble.

The bible mentions that Satan is the leader of a vast demonic host, that desires to corrupt the uncorruptible(impossible to do, but Satan is deluded), and to lead God's people into wild goose chases, and false doctrines........etc.

Number one, test all messages against scripture. Number 2, test all alleged messengers of God, as to their beliefs of the nature of Christ, and the Triune Godhead. Do they deny Christ's virgin birth, death, ressurrection, both his total humanity, and total diety as God?

The Most High has often been used in scripture in reference to the Godhead, unless it was used as an adjective with reference to an authoritative figure, or king, i.e. most high emperor.:)

I just meant church leaders, or authorities. Preachers and stuff. I have already said this in this thread. It just shows how obsessed you all are with me that you pounce on this one little misspeak like kittens in proximity of a bowl of cream. "ooh an opening, to bring down that bastard rwa." Well I hope you enjoyed it, it doesn't happen often!:dev3:

rtwngAvngr said:
I just meant church leaders, or authorities. Preachers and stuff. I have already said this in this thread. It just shows how obsessed you all are with me that you pounce on this one little misspeak like kittens in proximity of a bowl of cream. "ooh an opening, to bring down that bastard rwa." Well I hope you enjoyed it, it doesn't happen often!:dev3:

What are you talking about? it happens everyday man.

And usually you screw yourself over:p:

Forum List

Back