Vatican blocks Caroline Kennedy appointment as US ambassador

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Vatican sources told Il Giornale that their support for abortion disqualified Ms Kennedy and other Roman Catholics President Barack Obama had been seeking to appoint.

Mr Obama was reportedly seeking to reward John F Kennedy's daughter, who publicly gave her support to his election bid. She had been poised to replace Hillary Clinton as New York senator, but dropped out amid criticism that she lacked enough experience for the job.
The Italian paper said that the Vatican strongly disapproved of Mr Obama's support for abortion and stem cell research. The impasse over the ambassadorial appointment threatens to cloud his meeting with the Pope during a G8 summit in Itay in July.

Vatican blocks Caroline Kennedy appointment as US ambassador - Telegraph

Thank god for the pope, I hear Notre Dame is uninviting Obama to speak because of his radical "kill the baby if it lives outside the womb abortion policy."

Vatican sources told Il Giornale that their support for abortion disqualified Ms Kennedy and other Roman Catholics President Barack Obama had been seeking to appoint.

Mr Obama was reportedly seeking to reward John F Kennedy's daughter, who publicly gave her support to his election bid. She had been poised to replace Hillary Clinton as New York senator, but dropped out amid criticism that she lacked enough experience for the job.
The Italian paper said that the Vatican strongly disapproved of Mr Obama's support for abortion and stem cell research. The impasse over the ambassadorial appointment threatens to cloud his meeting with the Pope during a G8 summit in Itay in July.

Last I checked a Country does in fact have a say in who to accept as an Ambassador from another Country. And the Vatican IS a Country.

Poor Caroline.

She can't find decent work suited to her talents

She's like... AN AVERAGE AMERICAN!!!

Something tells me all Democwat catholics should move on.. Their church seems to be pissed off at their dishonest fuckery!

Something tells me all Democwat catholics should move on.. Their church seems to be pissed off at their dishonest fuckery!

It is good that the Pope refuses to allow Caroline Kennedy to be the ambassador to the Vatican, it is sad though that the pedophilia by priests is still accepted, and has been for centuries. I guess the Pope knows that any change will be difficult, and baby steps are the only solution to fixing the many problems facing that religion. Vetoing Caroline is a one place to start I suppose.

Catholics seem to be divided on the issue, and on others as well. They are "torn" between the teachings of the Church and their own practical, real-life, beliefs. Now the Pope is representative of that Church, just as Obama is representative of our Government, and has the duty and obligation to state what the Church law is. For those that fail to comply with those laws, there are consequences, just as there are consequences for those that fail to comply with the laws of the Government. The problem is that those laws are conflicting and, therefore, the consequences are conflicting.

While we can, and do, promote "separation of Church and State, it isn't as easy as it sounds. In fact, there are many instances where just the opposite is endorsed - by both the Church and the State. It's easy to see how one with (any) strong religious beliefs could be shunned in the political world -- or vice versa.

or maybe rightwingnuts need to get a gwip :cuckoo:

good comeback Jillian ! :lol:

Ya think dillo? I'm not the one with DF syndrome the democwats seem to have a problem.. i'm simply suggesting they start a church of the immaculate abortion. then everyone can be happy. The pope seems to be pissed off at disingenous democwats.. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Catholics seem to be divided on the issue, and on others as well. They are "torn" between the teachings of the Church and their own practical, real-life, beliefs. Now the Pope is representative of that Church, just as Obama is representative of our Government, and has the duty and obligation to state what the Church law is. For those that fail to comply with those laws, there are consequences, just as there are consequences for those that fail to comply with the laws of the Government. The problem is that those laws are conflicting and, therefore, the consequences are conflicting.

While we can, and do, promote "separation of Church and State, it isn't as easy as it sounds. In fact, there are many instances where just the opposite is endorsed - by both the Church and the State. It's easy to see how one with (any) strong religious beliefs could be shunned in the political world -- or vice versa.

Right--it's called discrimination.

If the political arm of the Catholic church (those running Vatican City) is not willing to stand for the tennets of their faith, then why would they expect those that run other Catholic organizations (like universities) to follow them?

With this in mind, they made the only appropriate decision for them.

(I'm not "pro-life" but I can respect consistency of belief and practice when I see it.)

Wow! I'm impressed guys!! I thought all 9 responses up till now were going to be akin to

"WTF CUT OFF RELATIONZ WITH VATICAN, NUKE THE POOP, LOL, KIDFUKERS!11"

Forum List

Back