VAT Tax coming

So poor people do not buy furniture, electrical goods and appliances, electronics, clothing, etc etc? The middle class do not buy these items? Exactly who will be hurt by these items being further taxed? Not the rich, the poor and middle class.

They do...but they don't spend $2000.00 on a suit...they buy a Men's Wearhouse suit...they don't buy Ethan Allen furniture or Stockwell wool carpeting, they buy Jerome Brother's stuff and Carpet Barn from China....they don't buy MacIntosh Stereo equipment...they buy Panasonic.... with a 2% VAT added on to these things the rich will bear a higher proportional burden on their purchases. I'm not saying the lower income groups escape the tax altogether...I'm saying the rich don't care how much their stuff costs.

seems to me that it would push nice things further out of reach of the people who are trying to climb the ladder.

Lets get them up that ladder farther and faster so they can fall of and break their fucking neck !:cuckoo:

So you dont mind the VAt on top of your income tax?

A value added tax is placed on certain goods and services. Some goods or services I will have no choice and have to buy them but others I can choose not to buy. Food will still be exempt. Cars and such will have this tax added along with so called luxury items.

I don't like higher taxes but at least a value added tax will treat everyone the same regardless of income.

That's like treating everyone the same regardless of disability.....

no more disabled parking...no more counseling, no more adult family homes. no more wheelchairs, or medications, just let them sit on the street and drool.

You're comparing apples to dogshit.....one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

What is a Value Added Tax Tax?

Taxing the tax?

Well, for starters, it's a lie. It is a tax on everything that is specified and can be applied at any and all steps in the supply chain so if I were to buy a car i would be paying the accumulated tax of the raw materials, the glass, the lights, the metel and wiring of the headlights and all the other parts, and there are about 1200 in each car, that were paid every time any commodity or product changed hands in the production supply chain or process.

Why is it a lie? This tax adds no value. It only adds cost. It should be termed a cost inflation tax. Grouping three words like these togeter that all have negative conotations is not a good marketing device, though. Therefore Value, which is a good thing, and added, which is a good thing seem to offset the word tax, which is a bad thing.

If they called this a Value Added Contribution we would have three positives out of three words. We would also have milk that costs $17 per pint.

Taxing the tax?

Well, for starters, it's a lie. It is a tax on everything that is specified and can be applied at any and all steps in the supply chain so if I were to buy a car i would be paying the accumulated tax of the raw materials, the glass, the lights, the metel and wiring of the headlights and all the other parts, and there are about 1200 in each car, that were paid every time any commodity or product changed hands in the production supply chain or process.

Why is it a lie? This tax adds no value. It only adds cost. It should be termed a cost inflation tax. Grouping three words like these togeter that all have negative conotations is not a good marketing device, though. Therefore Value, which is a good thing, and added, which is a good thing seem to offset the word tax, which is a bad thing.

If they called this a Value Added Contribution we would have three positives out of three words. We would also have milk that costs $17 per pint.

Wooooshhhh.

Joke went over your head.

:lol:

Taxing the tax?

actually, that is the premise behind the Fair tax, but i don't buy in to that...

i don't believe the 1200 supplying parts for the car have all been hit with tax...

businesses are not taxed on what they buy or what they sell, they are taxed on what profit they make when sales are in and all expenses and business reinvestment is done....it is not nearly as much tax accumulation in the auto-parts as implied or one would think...

** unless you are talking STATE sales taxes which a fair tax would not eliminate?

Last edited:
A value added tax is placed on certain goods and services. Some goods or services I will have no choice and have to buy them but others I can choose not to buy. Food will still be exempt. Cars and such will have this tax added along with so called luxury items.

I don't like higher taxes but at least a value added tax will treat everyone the same regardless of income.

That's like treating everyone the same regardless of disability.....

no more disabled parking...no more counseling, no more adult family homes. no more wheelchairs, or medications, just let them sit on the street and drool.

You're comparing apples to dogshit.....one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

On the contrary, you want to treat everybody the same when it comes to taxes. Everybody is not the same. Why should a homeless person pay the same taxes as a rich person? Why should a person who can't walk be treated the same as someone who can? or vice a versa?

Forum List

Back