VAT Tax coming

It would be means tested giving lazy middle classers and poor credits. You don't think Satan would tax his base do you?

You are a fool. If you think that the plan is to means test it your an idiot and a fool. How exactly does one means test a VAT? Fill out paperwork on every purchase so that a decision can be made whether or not to tax that person? That would make the tax cost more then it brought in.

Further this idea that you know what would be excluded is hilarious. They will push for as much to be taxed as possible. The idea is to raise tons of revenue.

You could means test it by giving everyone a tax credit to offset the tax up to a certain level.

why would people need a tax credit?

They do...but they don't spend $2000.00 on a suit...they buy a Men's Wearhouse suit...they don't buy Ethan Allen furniture or Stockwell wool carpeting, they buy Jerome Brother's stuff and Carpet Barn from China....they don't buy MacIntosh Stereo equipment...they buy Panasonic.... with a 2% VAT added on to these things the rich will bear a higher proportional burden on their purchases. I'm not saying the lower income groups escape the tax altogether...I'm saying the rich don't care how much their stuff costs.

seems to me that it would push nice things further out of reach of the people who are trying to climb the ladder.

Hey, Fair Tax is a conservative idea. Why are you guys now opposed to it?

what does one have to do with the other?

I don't mind a VAT .... it treats all people the same.....same tax regardless....

Except it does not. Low income and middle Income are hit hardest by a VAT , why? Because they have less money to spend to begin with and are more likely to buy the things the VAT tax covers on a continuing basis.

It is a tax that will be felt more by the non rich, then by the rich, something Obama promised not to do. Another lie exposed.

You guys really need to learn to keep your arguments straight. At one point, you claim that a VAT taxes everyone equally, then you claim it would have disproportionate effect on the poor .
you mean people should not disagree?

More taxes? This is how it looks in Europe.

vatc.jpg

France
corporate 33.33%
individual 21% (social charges) 0-50% (income tax)
Payroll 45%
VAT19.6%/5.5% on certain goods (e.g. food)

Norway
CORP 28%
IND 0-47.8%
PAY 14%
VAT 25%,14% (food and drink in shops) and 8% (transportation).

Last edited:
why don't both sides cut their fucking spending (liberals on social programs and the right on the military) and we wouldn't have to worry about this shit.

I don't mind a VAT .... it treats all people the same.....same tax regardless....

So you dont mind the VAt on top of your income tax?

A value added tax is placed on certain goods and services. Some goods or services I will have no choice and have to buy them but others I can choose not to buy. Food will still be exempt. Cars and such will have this tax added along with so called luxury items.

I don't like higher taxes but at least a value added tax will treat everyone the same regardless of income.

That's like treating everyone the same regardless of disability.....

no more disabled parking...no more counseling, no more adult family homes. no more wheelchairs, or medications, just let them sit on the street and drool.

How the hell is this like a fair tax? Which, by the way, is one GIGANTIC oxymoron. There's nothing fair about taxation.

VAT on the rich is like skimming 2% of the calories out of a triple fudge sundae that the fat lady at the buffet didn't have any business eating in the first place.

why don't both sides cut their fucking spending (liberals on social programs and the right on the military) and we wouldn't have to worry about this shit.

If the dems had any intention of cutting spending, now would be the time .
The GOP is committing suicide playing the get free shit from the gov game.
It is sick .It is a spending machine that is going to far.

Forum List

Back