Vasectomy!

... Given how exponentially the risks of genetic defects go up with each year of the mother's age after 35, it seems incredibly irresponsible and reckless to me to take that kind of chance deliberately or through carelessness.
True. A friend of my Mom's had 12 kids, and the last two after age 40, both severely mentally retarded.

... Given how exponentially the risks of genetic defects go up with each year of the mother's age after 35, it seems incredibly irresponsible and reckless to me to take that kind of chance deliberately or through carelessness.
True. A friend of my Mom's had 12 kids, and the last two after age 40, both severely mentally retarded.

Did she actually intend to get pregnant all those times?

Personally, if I wanted more children at my age, I'd adopt. Lots and lots of kids out there already who need homes without gambling that way.

We ought to be offering significant cash payments to welfare mothers get themselves sterilized.

I'd suggest paying men for vasectomies, too except we know those are reversable.

Unfortunately, irresponsible people like the OctoMom will continue to pump out kids they can't afford to support.

Octomom's New House « TMZ.com Photo Gallery

*read some of the comments below the pics......................... :eusa_whistle:

Wow, pretty harsh but I think she deserved most of the criticism. Most responsible people have as many kids as they can afford to support instead of having as many kids as they want and then expecting the rest of us to support them.

We ought to be offering significant cash payments to welfare mothers get themselves sterilized.

I'd suggest paying men for vasectomies, too except we know those are reversable.

Medicaid already pays for tubal ligations, so I'd say if they aren't getting them, it's because they want to be able to get pregnant, and you're not going to change their minds.

I can relate....it's HELL in this economy to pay for private prep school academy, keeping up with the payments on the vacation home, etc.....I might even have to give up the yacht!! :(

You could become a politician. They don't seem to have trouble sending their kids to private schools.

Or a libertarian! Don't they hate all the public schools since they are run by the evil government?

I'm a libertarian and I don't hate all public schools. Our school district is #2 in the state, and I have no problem with my kids going there. The teachers better at least be prepared for my kids to challenge their lesson plans, though. Our kids aren't zombies. The government shouldn't have the final say in what and how they learn.

You could become a politician. They don't seem to have trouble sending their kids to private schools.

Or a libertarian! Don't they hate all the public schools since they are run by the evil government?

I'm a libertarian and I don't hate all public schools. Our school district is #2 in the state, and I have no problem with my kids going there. The teachers better at least be prepared for my kids to challenge their lesson plans, though. Our kids aren't zombies. The government shouldn't have the final say in what and how they learn.

Yeah Paulie, you're one of the few Libertarian's on here that don't put down public schools and make snide comments about the kind of people that go to and teach in public schools.
You're cool. I agree the government has TOO MUCH say in what teachers should be doing, and also that most schools are too top heavy in the administration areas.

Last edited:
They're saying with the cost of private school for three kids, they can't afford to have another one."

I can relate....it's HELL in this economy to pay for private prep school academy, keeping up with the payments on the vacation home, etc.....I might even have to give up the yacht!! :(

I wouldn't be able to give up the yacht. Maybe the second yacht, but not the first one.

I'm not sure how I would get to my Caribbean island.

Yeah Paulie, you're one of the few Libertarian's on here that don't put down public schools and make snide comments about the kind of people that go to and teach in public schools.
You're cool. I agree the government has TOO MUCH say in what teachers should be doing, and also that most schools are too top heavy in the administration areas.

And the thing is, from what I understand, a LOT of teachers don't like the strangehold the government has over the education system. MANY teachers wish they had more freedom to devise a lesson plan.

What's so horrible about families and teachers working together in a private manner to conduct education in this country? Why must the government control that TOO? These same idiots that can't balance a budget, refuse to read bills they vote on, and spell potato wrong, are telling our teachers how to teach. It's offensive.

They're saying with the cost of private school for three kids, they can't afford to have another one."

I wouldn't be able to give up the yacht. Maybe the second yacht, but not the first one.

It's the second yacht that conveys your true status. The third one is expendable.

And the thing is, from what I understand, a LOT of teachers don't like the strangehold the government has over the education system. MANY teachers wish they had more freedom to devise a lesson plan.

What's so horrible about families and teachers working together in a private manner to conduct education in this country? Why must the government control that TOO? These same idiots that can't balance a budget, refuse to read bills they vote on, and spell potato wrong, are telling our teachers how to teach. It's offensive.

Very good points Paulie.

For public schools to operate, they need the government's money. So basically public schools are the government's bitch!

It's the second yacht that conveys your true status. The third one is expendable.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I donated it to my local Salvation Army. I hope that some poor ex-CEO can find a use for it.

However, it's only a 150 footer.

I know it's hard to believe, but most people don't fit perfectly into any political ideology. :razz:

Forum List

Back