Vasectomies

VASECTOMIES.
Are vasectomies a form of contraceptives that the catholic church prohibit? And do business that are provide live pay for them? Men I think you had better think twice before voting for Romney. He is make vasectomies illegal and close Plan Parenthood services for men. Men pay close attention because Romney will take these services away from you. What will he take away from you next?

Planned Parenthood Services for men.

checkups for reproductive or sexual health problems
colon cancer screening
erectile dysfunction services, including education, exams, treatment, and referral
jock itch exam and treatment
male infertility screening and referral
premature ejaculation services, including education, exams, treatment, and referral
routine physical exams
testicular cancer screenings
prostate cancer screenings
urinary tract infections testing and treatment
vasectomy

uh cancer screenings are ok....you're insane....vasectomies....I dont want them to be covered.....it's elective

Catholic approve of natural birth control but the bible teaches against it.

Gen; 38:9-10
But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his. So whenever he went in to his brother's wife ???he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord, and he put him to death also.

Although this thread didn't start out as a religious discussion, you made it an issue and I feel compelled to respond. First, here are the relevant verses from the KJV:

“And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him. And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also” (Genesis 38:7-10).

While there are some Christians who interpret these verses as you do, it has been my experience that most Christians believe that Onan was killed solely because he refused to impregnate his dead brother's wife, not because his sperm was “wasted.” Here is a fairly good description on how most Christians interpret the quoted verses:

“Why did God kill Onan for spilling his seed on the ground? The reason God did this is not because Onan wasted his seed on the ground, but because Onan refused to perform his familial duties of producing offspring for his brother's. This was a great offense at the time. Now, we must realize that the culture was very different than ours is today. In that culture, when a man died and left no children, the next of kin was sometimes obligated to "go in to" the wife and produce children. These children were then considered to be the descendents of the original late husband and would be raised as such. This way, the offspring would be able to take care of the mother, provide more people for the community, and thereby raise their own children, continuing the name of that family. Onan knew this and refused to take part in furthering the honor and name of the brother's wife and thereby also risking provision for her in the future. To this, God was very displeased and took Onan's life.”

Why did God kill a man for spilling his seed on the ground? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

This interpretation is much more reasonable considering that it is physically impossible for a normal healthy man to "waste" his seed. Assuming that Onan was a typical male, his body produced about 21,000 sperm cells each minute of every day. Further even after ejaculating, he still had enough seminal fluid for another 3-4 ejaculations and seminal fluid is replaced every 1-3 days. The truth is that every minute of his life Onan had more seed than he could ever use, so the concept of waste does not enter into the picture.

Finally, if your interpretation of the quoted verses is correct, and God killed Onan for spilling his seed on the ground, then everyone who masturbates is going straight to hell. If putting one's seed in a place other than a vagina is so offensive that God Himself killed a man who did it, then …... But that raises a very troubling question: why did God not kill everyone who masturbated? I mean there had to be a whole lot of 'em and God certainly knew who they were. Why just Onan? Besides there is nothing in the Bible which shows that Onan knew it was wrong to spill his seed on the ground, so the death penalty seems a little harsh. I'm going to suggest that if your interpretation of the Bible is correct, then God doesn't play fair.

PS: I don't provide links to things which are easily researched using Google. Besides, I expect everyone to have a basic knowledge of the functions of the human body. While some people may not be familiar with the numbers I revealed, I expect everyone to know that when it comes to reproduction, there never was and never will be a shortage of sperm.

Tubal ligations are birhcontrol. Do the catholic church and pro lifers oppose them? And Romney will want to make them and vasectomies illegal and a crime.

WOW , You are very uneducated ... Go take your medications please because you live in an alternate universe :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his. So whenever he went in to his brother's wife ???he would waste the semen on the ground, so as not to give offspring to his brother. And what he did was wicked in the sight of the Lord, and he put him to death also.

Although this thread didn't start out as a religious discussion, you made it an issue and I feel compelled to respond. First, here are the relevant verses from the KJV:

“And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the Lord slew him. And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also” (Genesis 38:7-10).

While there are some Christians who interpret these verses as you do, it has been my experience that most Christians believe that Onan was killed solely because he refused to impregnate his dead brother's wife, not because his sperm was “wasted.” Here is a fairly good description on how most Christians interpret the quoted verses:

“Why did God kill Onan for spilling his seed on the ground? The reason God did this is not because Onan wasted his seed on the ground, but because Onan refused to perform his familial duties of producing offspring for his brother's. This was a great offense at the time. Now, we must realize that the culture was very different than ours is today. In that culture, when a man died and left no children, the next of kin was sometimes obligated to "go in to" the wife and produce children. These children were then considered to be the descendents of the original late husband and would be raised as such. This way, the offspring would be able to take care of the mother, provide more people for the community, and thereby raise their own children, continuing the name of that family. Onan knew this and refused to take part in furthering the honor and name of the brother's wife and thereby also risking provision for her in the future. To this, God was very displeased and took Onan's life.”

Why did God kill a man for spilling his seed on the ground? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

This interpretation is much more reasonable considering that it is physically impossible for a normal healthy man to "waste" his seed. Assuming that Onan was a typical male, his body produced about 21,000 sperm cells each minute of every day. Further even after ejaculating, he still had enough seminal fluid for another 3-4 ejaculations and seminal fluid is replaced every 1-3 days. The truth is that every minute of his life Onan had more seed than he could ever use, so the concept of waste does not enter into the picture.

Finally, if your interpretation of the quoted verses is correct, and God killed Onan for spilling his seed on the ground, then everyone who masturbates is going straight to hell. If putting one's seed in a place other than a vagina is so offensive that God Himself killed a man who did it, then …... But that raises a very troubling question: why did God not kill everyone who masturbated? I mean there had to be a whole lot of 'em and God certainly knew who they were. Why just Onan? Besides there is nothing in the Bible which shows that Onan knew it was wrong to spill his seed on the ground, so the death penalty seems a little harsh. I'm going to suggest that if your interpretation of the Bible is correct, then God doesn't play fair.

PS: I don't provide links to things which are easily researched using Google. Besides, I expect everyone to have a basic knowledge of the functions of the human body. While some people may not be familiar with the numbers I revealed, I expect everyone to know that when it comes to reproduction, there never was and never will be a shortage of sperm.

You are obviously confused. You should go to Church on Sunday and have your preacher explain this to you!

Let the Catholic Church solve thier own issues --- keep the gov't out of it.

In addition to stopping funding to planned parenthood they should be removed from public property entirely.

I love to laugh thank you lady :lol: is this what Obama means about making elections about small issues?

Last edited:
I love to laugh thank you lady :lol: is this what Obama means about making elections about small issues?

He is making so many things about small stuff. Meanwhile we are about bankrupt . More and more countries hate us. He is not keeping our people safe over seas . But hey he did get off the golf course long enough to say yes to the killing of Bin Ladin.. While giving the up that seal team 6 killed him so the Taliban targeting them which led them to shoot down the helicopter a few months later killing 33 people in our special warfare. Also telling our enemy when we are leaving so now they (Afghan soldiers) are turning on our servicemen and killing them.. Oh and we left Iraq and Al Queda is bigger then ever over there and letting Iran use their air space so Syria leader can continue to kill their own people while doing nothing about it. But let us worry about wording of Mitt on trying to employ women when he was in office all the while under Obama women make less then men under him. Worry about what Mitt does with his own money more then what Obama does with ours. Let us worry about condoms and birth control when people are adults and should be able to pay for their own.. Just to name a few..

You are obviously confused. You should go to Church on Sunday and have your preacher explain this to you!

Just a few comments:

First, I attended church for over 60 years and I have had more than a few preachers "explain" those verses. I really don't need yet another explanation.

Second, I have researched the Bible, not just read it, for the same period. I do pretty well on my own now when it comes to understanding the Bible.

Third, it is a fact that Christian disagree on how the Bible is to be interpreted. I am fully aware of how BOTH sides to the disputed verses justify their interpretations. I merely gave you what I believe to be the most common interpretation of the relevant verses and I defended that view using both the thoughts of others and my own personal knowledge.

Fourth, assuming that my interpretation is correct – and many Christians would agree with me – I thought I gave a reasonable, logical justification for this view.

Sixth, you failed to challenge anything I said, and I doubt that you can. My biological statements are correct, and no one is going to discredit them. What I said about how other Christians interpret the Bible is also factual and beyond the possibility of rational debate.

Seventh, Perhaps you should go to other churches and find out how other preachers explain the verses. It is spiritually healthy to listen to others because you never know when you will learn something.

Eighth, there was a time - long ago - when I agreed with LilOlLady.

Ninth, and finally, if you think that all ministers will offer the same explanation that you have been taught, it is you who is confused.

I will give you the last word. I'm done with this issue and this thread.

Good night and goodbye all.

He is making so many things about small stuff. Meanwhile we are about bankrupt . More and more countries hate us. He is not keeping our people safe over seas . But hey he did get off the golf course long enough to say yes to the hkilling of Bin Ladin.. While giving the up that seal team 6 killed him so the Taliban targeting them which led them to shoot down the helicopter a few months later killing 33 people in our special warfare. Also telling our enemy when we are leaving so now they (Afghan soldiers) are turning on our servicemen and killing them.. Oh and we left Iraq and Al Queda is bigger then ever over there and letting Iran use their air space so Syria leader can continue to kill their own people while doing nothing about it. But let us worry about wording of Mitt on trying to employ women when he was in office all the while under Obama women make less then men under him. Worry about what Mitt does with his own money more then what Obama does with ours. Let us worry about condoms and birth control when people are adults and should be able to pay for their own.. Just to name a few..

You covered most of them can't forget running guns to attempt second amendment changes. He can make it about anything he wants we all know what a liar is and criminal. :eusa_hand:

Good God Almighty!! Nobody is going to make this stuff illegal!! It's here, if you want an abortion, tubal ligation, vasectomy, birth control, all of the above and some more - have at it. The federal government shouldn't be paying for it!! If you want this stuff, pay for it yourself or petition your state to provide those services, it's that simple.

How can the left sleep at night spewing these lies. The Federal Government has no business supplementing your birth control decisions. We don't have the money and many people are opposed because it goes against their core beliefs. Don't force me to pay for your poor choices.

Be careful what you wish for. You already have the lib woman doing all their thinking with their vaginas, do you really want men doing more thinking with that other head?

He is make vasectomies illegal

You are so full of shit. didn't your parents teach you any ethics??

Forum List

Back