Vandalism and Viruses.

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I regularly visit Green-Wood Cemetery, here in Brooklyn, for it's historic value, and its beauty.

1. "Brooklyn's Green-Wood Cemetery Vandalized

2. Groundskeepers at Green-Wood Cemetery on Tuesday discovered 51 damaged and toppled plaques and statues scattered throughout the 478-acre cemetery, which opened in 1838

3. Dozens of tombstones and memorials at Brooklyn's historic Green-Wood Cemetery have been vandalized, causing $100,000 in damages.

4. ...most of the damaged monuments date back to the 1800s."
Brooklyn's Green-Wood Cemetery Vandalized | NBC New York

Folks in Boston might think of Green-Wood as our version of Auburn Cementery.

Gratuitous affliction of injury.
This sort of behavior....damage for no gain, amazes me. Disgusts me. Enrages me.

It is similar to those who insinuate computer viruses into the net.....for amusement!
Disrupt the lives and equanimity of total strangers....for what??

So, be advised....when I become 'All Powerful Dictator and Potentate," one of the planks in my platform will be a death sentence to those whose behavior is of the variety listed above.

My motto will be: 'What happens in Brooklyn, stays in Brooklyn....
....along with your hands.'

BTW...I'm open to adding drunk drivers to the list.

That is all.

Last edited:
I think you have to be the lowest form of pond scum to commit wanton violence against the dead. It is a sign of how low we've sunk as a society.

I think you have to be the lowest form of pond scum to commit wanton violence against the dead. It is a sign of how low we've sunk as a society.

Did you see the pic in this link?

Green-Wood Cemetery vandalized: Ghoulish thugs do $100,000 damage, trash more than 50 graves at historic Brooklyn cemetery (PHOTOS) - NY Daily News

It's sickening. Those old stones and statues are not just grave markers or history: they're art. And an almost lost art at that. It's like vandalizing the Roman Colosseum. You don't see that level of artistry in modern cemeteries.

My apartment building is right across the street from Greenwood. I like to go there on Sundays and visit Leonard Bernstein's grave, the chapel and the green parrots. It's so peaceful there and they have amazing trees from all over the world. This is so awful.

My apartment building is right across the street from Greenwood. I like to go there on Sundays and visit Leonard Bernstein's grave, the chapel and the green parrots. It's so peaceful there and they have amazing trees from all over the world. This is so awful.

I believe that there is a little stone bench by Bernstein's grave....?

Wow. That's two for you this week--the graveyard dishevelment and the job-lost-crazed shooter 5 minutes from your walk to work there. We're taking up a collection and sending you some hugs. :huddle:

I believe that there is a little stone bench by Bernstein's grave....?

Yep, in between two trees... his grave is kinda hard to find... just a flat marker on the ground. People leave interesting trinkets there, though.

And one more plank in my platform:

Everyone's auto license plate number would be their cell-phone number...so I'm able to tell 'em what I think of their driving!

rule3.png

Forum List

Back