Vancouver woman singing O Canada at Seahawks game to kneel after U.S. anthem

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Yes, we have many Snowflakes in Canada as well. You are in America to honour the anthem, and instead you are choosing to disrespect it? I would like to have a conversation with her, would probably be a lengthy one and I can only assume people like this are thick.

Reason # 948867 not to trust Canada.

VANCOUVER — A Vancouver woman invited to sing O Canada before a Seahawks game in Seattle says she will take a knee during the American anthem to support protesting NFL players and make a statement about human rights.

Arielle Tuliao said she broke into tears when she read an email from the Seahawks asking her to sing Canada's national anthem on Sunday as part of the team's celebration honouring Canadian fans.

"They sent me a specific clip of me singing for the (Vancouver) Canucks, which in itself was my original dream," Tuliao said Friday, the same day she decided she'd be kneeling with players.

The 28-year-old singer and actor who made her foray into belting out O Canada for professional teams by performing at a Vancouver Whitecaps soccer match last year said the opportunity to sing for the Seahawks brought up some conflicting feelings.

Tuliao wondered how she'd respond as players kneeled or locked arms during the Star-Spangled Banner in keeping with protests by NFL and NBA teams over police brutality against African-Americans and President Donald Trump's portrayal of their stance as unpatriotic.

"How do I take a stand without bringing unnecessary drama to my country? I want to honour the Seahawks for celebrating their true north fans but at the same time it's my job to also stand up for (their) rights, not just as American citizens, but as humans."

Tuliao said she won't kneel during the Canadian anthem because that would take away from the Seahawks' celebration of their growing fan base in Canada.

"But I'm 100 per cent confident that I'll be kneeling for the American anthem," she said, adding she'll also be celebrating her brother's birthday in Seattle on Sunday as her team takes on the Indianapolis Colts.

53a7ae75-9311-4485-8a0d-434cdb458a79.jpg.w960.jpg

Yes, we have many Snowflakes in Canada as well. You are in America to honour the anthem, and instead you are choosing to disrespect it? I would like to have a conversation with her, would probably be a lengthy one and I can only assume people like this are thick.

VANCOUVER — A Vancouver woman invited to sing O Canada before a Seahawks game in Seattle says she will take a knee during the American anthem to support protesting NFL players and make a statement about human rights.

Arielle Tuliao said she broke into tears when she read an email from the Seahawks asking her to sing Canada's national anthem on Sunday as part of the team's celebration honouring Canadian fans.

"They sent me a specific clip of me singing for the (Vancouver) Canucks, which in itself was my original dream," Tuliao said Friday, the same day she decided she'd be kneeling with players.

The 28-year-old singer and actor who made her foray into belting out O Canada for professional teams by performing at a Vancouver Whitecaps soccer match last year said the opportunity to sing for the Seahawks brought up some conflicting feelings.

Tuliao wondered how she'd respond as players kneeled or locked arms during the Star-Spangled Banner in keeping with protests by NFL and NBA teams over police brutality against African-Americans and President Donald Trump's portrayal of their stance as unpatriotic.

"How do I take a stand without bringing unnecessary drama to my country? I want to honour the Seahawks for celebrating their true north fans but at the same time it's my job to also stand up for (their) rights, not just as American citizens, but as humans."

Tuliao said she won't kneel during the Canadian anthem because that would take away from the Seahawks' celebration of their growing fan base in Canada.

"But I'm 100 per cent confident that I'll be kneeling for the American anthem," she said, adding she'll also be celebrating her brother's birthday in Seattle on Sunday as her team takes on the Indianapolis Colts.

Most Democrats are dumb liberal bigots who hate America.
On average there are about 7000 Black victims of murder per year, but only about .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen.
The dumb racist NFL Players are being exploited by left wing demagogue Politicians and Pundits.

she's in the US and has rights to free speech; in this case, speech that is offensive and disrespectful. In turn, fans should feel free to boo her and turn their backs on her.

she's in the US and has rights to free speech; in this case, speech that is offensive and disrespectful. In turn, fans should feel free to boo her and turn their backs on her.

Indeed I agree. It's the principle though. She is a guest and should act with some level of respect. Especially since a great number of Americans have died for Western freedom, and not just way back in the 1940's.

I've expressed many times my opinion on this issue. I've been treated like an animal in Canada, and I would still stand for the anthem as there are some who would fight for my rights if they knew how I was persecuted. Most if not all soldiers would side with me.

She shouldn't kneel. If she does, the fans should boo her mercilessly and suggest to the owners their choice of a openly hostile anthem singer will lead to lost ticket sales and revenue.

That is why we need to put a wall on the northern border as well.

Honor the anthem? It is a series of notes and words strung together and that is all. It is the Constitution that makes America great. Public officials take a oath to honor the Constitution not a flag which is a piece of cloth. To dishonor the Constitution makes you a enemy of this country. Trump and his supporters are dishonoring the Constitution.

The Baltimore Ravens anthem singer who is a National Guardsman who did a tour in Afghanistan quit in protest to Trump and he supports their right to do so. He gets it and you do not. Go back to Canada if you are not there already.

Forum List

Back