Vanc. apartment managers ban residents from flying American flags

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Vanc. apartment managers ban residents from flying American flags | KATU.com - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional

Vanc. apartment managers ban residents from flying American flags

VANCOUVER, Wash. – Operators of a Vancouver, Wash. Apartment complex subsidized by the taxpayer-funded Department of Housing and Urban Development, also known as HUD, have told residents they cannot fly or display American flags on or in their homes.

Residents of the Brandt Terrace apartment complex received a letter in August saying they could be evicted for displaying “signage” on their homes, including flags.

The ban extended to displaying flags in windows or putting small flags in planters or other outside locations.

More...

The people of the USA are paying for it. Then dang it our flag should be flying all through it. How about a mandatory flag poll in the front of the complex, require them to do proper colors in both the morning and the evening EVERYDAY.

Not really a mega issue....but the principle of the thing.....

but then lefties have no principles so you wouldn't understand....

hud isnt that a government department controlled by what administration right now?...so alpha can that b/s...its the republicans allowing this....

so i think you best look right to see what your own idiots are doing.

What about communities which ban clotheslines while the country is facing an energy crises?:cuckoo:

What about communities which ban clotheslines while the country is facing an energy crises?:cuckoo:

always check the restrictions of any poa or hoa...they can do anything as long as you are informed of it when you purchase....granted hud is different ...it has been control by the bush adm for how many yrs now....o 8 thats right...and the bush admin is who is doing this....so lets here it for the right and the greatest principles they have....lol....

As long as the apartment complex bans the display of ANY & ALL flags, I could agree with their actions. If it is only the US Flag, then I have a problem. Being the past President of an HOA, I've seen the good and the bad with the dictatorial nature of common interest communities.

Forum List

Back