Van Jones Warns of 'Turbulent' Election Year

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
SNIP:

January 10, 2012 RSS Feed Print

President Obama's surrogates, not giving up hope that the themes of the "occupy movement" will help his reelection and push Congress to back Democratic jobs ideas, are looking to the birthday and federally-sanctioned holiday of what Obama activist Van Jones calls the "original Occupier," Martin Luther King Jr., to spark action on the streets of America.

Jones, part of a group called "Rebuild the Dream,"- which sees itself as a liberal version of the Tea Party movement- said the gatherings will kick off what he sees as a "turbulent, exciting" year, led by civil rights leaders pushing a new agenda of social justice.
"What are you doing this weekend for MLK Day? It's our only national holiday about social justice, yet too often, MLK Day feels like a Hallmark Card. This year, let's do it differently," he tells backers in an e-mail. "Rebuild the Dream members are hosting MLK Day Movement Meet-ups across the country to celebrate Dr. King -- the original Occupier -- and link the Civil Rights Movement with today's struggle for an economy that works for all." [See a collection of political cartoons on the Tea Party.]

The group has made a video to share at the meetings, meant to kick-start the movement's actions this year.

[Check out 2011: The Year in Cartoons.]

When Jones announced the new group, he provided a blueprint of goals including taxing the rich, cutting military, agriculture and oil subisidies, increasing funding for nurses and first-responders, providing government health care, and boosting union rights.

read it all here..
Van Jones Warns of 'Turbulent' Election Year - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

So this douche bag pussy, is trying to link the shit head Pee Partiers to Dr. Kings legacy?

How fucking low can a person get?

Dr. King, and the people that worked with him faced death every single damn day.

the pussies out there now face nothing close to that.

I don't normally support violence, but, someone needs to whip that muther fukkers ass, and send him crying home to obamas mamma.

Oh dear, Watermelon Man is scaremongering again.

Uh oh, now you've done it. Truthmangler will appear momentarily to claim

original.gif

You really want to clean up the mess her esploding head is gonna make?

:lol:

Go Van go.

the minority will never again call the shots in this country.

You cant cheat without getting caught , you cant lie without getting caught.

The rights whole bag of tricks is depleted.

bye right wing

your lies get outed and your cheating is well known now.

no more elections for you

Go Van go.

bye right wing

Weren't you kooks saying that when big 0 got elected?

how'd that work out for ya?

oh and, as a reminder; It was dems that got convicted of voter fraud, not reps.

Go Van go.

bye right wing

TruthMocker hates the democratic process. She supports a left wing dictatorship.

your lies get outed and your cheating is well known now.

no more elections for you

Well, there ya go people. The left wants to take away everyone else right to vote.

tyrants, all of them.

No, not all of them. Just the few.... thankfully.

Really?

Name one that's against gun control?
or
doesn't support this class warfare bs.
or
Is actually pissed that obama murdered a US citizen w/o a trial. < especially that one, cuz I've been looking.

or
or
Is actually pissed that obama murdered a US citizen w/o a trial. < especially that one, cuz I've been looking.

There are plenty on the left who would agree about the first and third, though not the second. More to the point, though, is that none of these amount to denying a right to vote.

Well, there ya go people. The left wants to take away everyone else right to vote.

tyrants, all of them.

No, not all of them. Just the few.... thankfully.

Really?

or
or

Every rational human being is for some kind of gun control.

'Class warfare' is a political ploy, both sides fall for it.

I have no fucking issue at all with Obama's actions regarding this so called "US Citizen". None. In fact, it's one of the few things he did right, in my opinion.

I guess I have to agree and modify what I said earlier. I'm not for strengthening the gun control laws we have now; I'm not convinced that works as a crime deterrent.

As practiced by the parties it is a political ploy. However, there's a reality behind it, too, one that has seen the middle class shrink and opportunities disappear over the last thirty years, and mounting anger as a result.

I have no fucking issue at all with Obama's actions regarding this so called "US Citizen". None. In fact, it's one of the few things he did right, in my opinion.

Ah, but you don't call yourself a liberal, do you? I think this is only one example of a government dangerously encroaching on civil liberties. It was one of the things I was most concerned about under Bush, and I believed Obama's promises he was going to reverse that crap. It was one of many reasons I voted for him. On that, perhaps more than anything else, he has been a disappointment.

I guess I have to agree and modify what I said earlier. I'm not for strengthening the gun control laws we have now; I'm not convinced that works as a crime deterrent.

As practiced by the parties it is a political ploy. However, there's a reality behind it, too, one that has seen the middle class shrink and opportunities disappear over the last thirty years, and mounting anger as a result.

Ah, but you don't call yourself a liberal, do you? I think this is only one example of a government dangerously encroaching on civil liberties. It was one of the things I was most concerned about under Bush, and I believed Obama's promises he was going to reverse that crap. It was one of many reasons I voted for him. On that, perhaps more than anything else, he has been a disappointment.

Lord, it's very dull when someone feels the need to address my posts point by point. Please don't mistake me for someone who wants to get into a discussion with you about politics. You're a communist. You want to force me to live under a tyrannical government - even more tyrannical that we currently tolerate.

Go Van go.

bye right wing

TruthMocker hates the democratic process. She supports a left wing dictatorship.

True. But, so do most democrats.

True. But, so do most democrats.

I don't think that's true. I see very little evidence that most Democrats what to do away with the election process. But that is what TruthMocker says, so we have the evidence to support the view that she is not a Democrat, she is a communist.

Forum List

Back