Van Jones' Crime:

Besides, we've had so many radical representatives of Super-Capitalism, and Corporate Oligarchy in our government lately, that perhaps it's time to have a few people out there representing the opposite end of the spectrum.

Spoken like a true Obamabot. :clap2:

Blah, blah, Obamabot, blah.

You don't score points with anyone except your right-wing nutjob buddies making comments like this.

Not trying to score points...just an observation

What a load of bullshit.

'Mumia' is a piece of shit cop killer, he deserves no 'awards' and found no 'coruption' as his ass has been in prison since he murdered Faluker.

"Mumia Abu-Jamal is an award-winning Pennsylvania journalist who exposed police violence against minority communities. On death row since 1982, he was wrongfully sentenced for the shooting of a police officer. New evidence, including the recantation of a key eyewitness, new ballistic and forensic evidence and a confession from Arnold Beverly (one of the two killers of Officer Faulkner) points to his innocence. Mumia had no criminal record."

Wow, a bunch of people feel someone was wrongly convicted and are asking for a retrial.

How awful. What a "radical" movement.

Now what really happened, what this piece of shit was sent to death row for, and the asshole you are defending wants freed:

On December 9, 1981, at approximately 3:55 a.m., Officer Danny Faulkner, a five year veteran of the Philadelphia Police Department, made a traffic stop at Locust Street near Twelfth Street. The car stopped by Officer Faulkner was being driven by William Cook. After making the stop, Danny called for assistance on his police radio and requested a police wagon to transport a prisoner. Unbeknownst to him, William Cook's brother, Wesley (aka Mumia Abu-Jamal) was across the street. As Danny attempted to handcuff William Cook, Mumia Abu-Jamal ran from across the street and shot the officer in the back. Danny turned and was able to fire one shot that struck Abu-Jamal in the chest; the wounded officer then fell to the pavement. Mumia Abu-Jamal stood over the downed officer and shot him four more times at close range, once directly in the face. Mumia Abu-Jamal was found still at the scene of the shooting by officers who arrived there within seconds. The murderer was slumped against the curb in front of his brother's car. In his possession was a .38 caliber revolver that records showed Mumia had purchased months earlier. The chamber of the gun had five spent cartridges. A cab driver, as well as other pedestrians, had witnessed the brutal slaying and identified Mumia Abu-Jamal as the killer both at the scene and during his trial. On July 2, 1982, after being tried before a jury of ten whites and two blacks, Mumia Abu-Jamal was convicted of murdering Officer Danny Faulkner. The next day, the jury sentenced him to death after deliberating for two hours. The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania heard the defendant's appeals and upheld the conviction on March 6, 1989.

Some absolutely brain-dead whining bleeding-heart clueless libbies chant "Free Mumia."

Fuck that.

FRY Mumia!

Last edited:
The only thing I'm implying is that I don't want a communist in the administration...clear and simple. You on the other hand.......would want a communist there more than a conservative. You bringing up the constitution is just rich, Ravi.
There you go with your implications again. Too funny.

He called Republicans assholes. A lot of US agree with this.

Bush called a Times reporter a major asshole and never apologized. Cheney told Leahy in the Senate to go fuck himself. The right thought this was so manly. I guess whites can say shit a black can't?

He signed a petition that basically was saying they weren't completely happy with the 9-11 investigation - Duh?

Glenn ( as smart as a fly on shit) Beck didn't start this. He jumped on the bandwagon after a rather wealthy oil man started the attack on Van Jones. Too much of the green job stuff isn't good for big oil.

The current RNC is morally corrupt and empty of any plans except to attack Obama and give more tax cuts to the rich.

They do come up with some really nice patriotic sounding names for all their little attack groups, howerver.

Were these said publicly, or privately?
There is a big difference, ya know?

I guess telling a reporter and swearing on the floor of the senate are "private"?

He called Republicans assholes. A lot of US agree with this.

Bush called a Times reporter a major asshole and never apologized. Cheney told Leahy in the Senate to go fuck himself. The right thought this was so manly. I guess whites can say shit a black can't?

He signed a petition that basically was saying they weren't completely happy with the 9-11 investigation - Duh?

Glenn ( as smart as a fly on shit) Beck didn't start this. He jumped on the bandwagon after a rather wealthy oil man started the attack on Van Jones. Too much of the green job stuff isn't good for big oil.

The current RNC is morally corrupt and empty of any plans except to attack Obama and give more tax cuts to the rich.

They do come up with some really nice patriotic sounding names for all their little attack groups, howerver.

Were these said publicly, or privately?
There is a big difference, ya know?

I guess telling a reporter and swearing on the floor of the senate are "private"?
He was talking about a reporter...not to a reporter. Cheney was talking to another person privately. Van Jones was in front of a group spewing his tripe. yeah I could see if your liberal enough there is no difference :cuckoo:.

I asked for a direct quote of him blaming Bush for 9/11, not for a quote of him being a Communist.
Good luck with that!

And why does a Communist have no place in the Whitehouse? Communism is just another political party/position. How does that disqualify him for the job? Are you saying that certain segments of society should just be ostracized for their beliefs?
I'd love to ostracize right wing loons that muddle the line between church and state. Or the ones that diagnose brain dead people by video and then try to force the government to keep them alive in limbo forever. That would be pretty unAmerican, though.

And I personally do not have a problem with conservatives being hired to advisory positions in the White House. If I did, I would have had a problem with Bush's entire cabinet.
Conservatives would be welcomed...sadly I don't think more than three or four exist in the country.

His radical resume reads more like a Presidential assassin's would, instead of someone who works WITH a President:

[*]One of the founders and current board member of Apollo Alliance

From the Apollo Alliance website:

"The Apollo Alliance is a coalition of labor, business, environmental, and community leaders working to catalyze a clean energy revolution that will put millions of Americans to work in a new generation of high-quality, green-collar jobs. "

Sounds pretty threatening to me. "Git a rope", right?

[*]Ardent black separatist/black nationalist. VAN JONES: "The white polluters and the white environmentalists are essentially steering poison into the people of colored communities." What?
How does this statement make Jones a "Black separatist/nationalist" in any way shape or form?

So?

"When he graduated law school, Jones gave up plans to take a job in Washington, D.C., and moved to San Francisco instead. He got involved with Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM), a group explicitly committed to revolutionary Marxist politics whose points of unity were revolutionary democracy, revolutionary feminism, revolutionary internationalism, the central role of the working class, urban Marxism, and Third World Communism. While associated with STORM, Jones actively began protesting police brutality." - Source Wikipedia

He did not FOUND STORM, he "Got involved" with the group. As we have already discussed, he was an admitted communist and was involved with a communist group. Which does not disqualify him from being on Mr Obama's staff.

"Ella Baker Center: The Basics
The Ella Baker Center for Human Rights is a strategy and action center working for justice, opportunity and peace in urban America. Based in Oakland, California, we promote positive alternatives to violence and incarceration through our four cutting-edge campaigns..."

Again, very threatening. LOL.

Jones was arrested along with hundreds of participants in a peaceful protest march.

Charges against him ultimately were dropped, and he received a small settlement.

That's a lie, it never happened. Period.

[*]Ardent supporter of convicted cop killer and communist Mumia Abu-Jamal. (AKA Wesley Cook)
Here is the stated purpose of the "Free Mumia" movement, which Van Jones was indirectly involved with:

"Mumia Abu-Jamal is an award-winning Pennsylvania journalist who exposed police violence against minority communities. On death row since 1982, he was wrongfully sentenced for the shooting of a police officer. New evidence, including the recantation of a key eyewitness, new ballistic and forensic evidence and a confession from Arnold Beverly (one of the two killers of Officer Faulkner) points to his innocence. Mumia had no criminal record."

Wow, a bunch of people feel someone was wrongly convicted and are asking for a retrial.

How awful. What a "radical" movement.

And the White House? Seems to only regret not "scrubbing" Jones enough.

What does "scrubbing" mean? Is that anything like hiding truth?
They shouldn't have backed down. There is nothing at all here that disqualifies Jones from serving in public office.
You're obviously okay with these various organization's whitewashed "mission statements." I am not.

That he was arrested in the 1999 WTO riots is widely reported, however I am unable to find a list of those arrested.

I have no problem with anyone's political beliefs as long as they don't try to force them on me and/or overthrow the government with violence.
But, infiltration of our government by communists and hidden agendas are perfectly okay with you, right? Like Khrushchev said, "we will bury you from within."

I have no problem with anyone's political beliefs as long as they don't try to force them on me and/or overthrow the government with violence.
But, infiltration of our government by communists and hidden agendas are perfectly okay with you, right? Like Khrushchev said, "we will bury you from within."
LOL! How is he infiltrating something if you are convinced already he's a communist. Oh my, a communist greenie flunky, the fucking horror.

I'm rather shocked at how many of you that are terrified of communists are acting like communists yourselves.

You're obviously okay with these various organization's whitewashed "mission statements." I am not.

That he was arrested in the 1999 WTO riots is widely reported, however I am unable to find a list of those arrested.

"Widely reported" by right-wing propaganda outlets.

It never happened.

As far as the group's mission statements go, that is what I have to go on. Until I am presented with contradicting EVIDENCE, that is what I believe they strive for.

And Glenn Beck's opinion does not constitute evidence.

On December 9, 1981, at approximately 3:55 a.m., Officer Danny Faulkner, a five year veteran of the Philadelphia Police Department, made a traffic stop at Locust Street near Twelfth Street. The car stopped by Officer Faulkner was being driven by William Cook. After making the stop, Danny called for assistance on his police radio and requested a police wagon to transport a prisoner. Unbeknownst to him, William Cook's brother, Wesley (aka Mumia Abu-Jamal) was across the street. As Danny attempted to handcuff William Cook, Mumia Abu-Jamal ran from across the street and shot the officer in the back. Danny turned and was able to fire one shot that struck Abu-Jamal in the chest; the wounded officer then fell to the pavement. Mumia Abu-Jamal stood over the downed officer and shot him four more times at close range, once directly in the face. Mumia Abu-Jamal was found still at the scene of the shooting by officers who arrived there within seconds. The murderer was slumped against the curb in front of his brother's car. In his possession was a .38 caliber revolver that records showed Mumia had purchased months earlier. The chamber of the gun had five spent cartridges. A cab driver, as well as other pedestrians, had witnessed the brutal slaying and identified Mumia Abu-Jamal as the killer both at the scene and during his trial. On July 2, 1982, after being tried before a jury of ten whites and two blacks, Mumia Abu-Jamal was convicted of murdering Officer Danny Faulkner. The next day, the jury sentenced him to death after deliberating for two hours. The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania heard the defendant's appeals and upheld the conviction on March 6, 1989.

Some absolutely brain-dead whining bleeding-heart cluelss libbies chant "Free Mumia."

Fuck that.

FRY Mumia!

So, you were what part of the case? The Judge? A Juror? The district attorney?

New evidence has been presented since the trial, and many people believe that said evidence exonerates Mr Mumia, so they have gotten together and are trying to get his case re-tried.

There is absolutley NOTHING wrong with that. If you think there is, then you are obviously un-American. It's called the first amendment, look it up.

Last edited:
LOL! How is he infiltrating something if you are convinced already he's a communist. Oh my, a communist greenie flunky, the fucking horror.

I'm rather shocked at how many of you that are terrified of communists are acting like communists yourselves.

Frankly, I'm rather amused by the kettle/pot effect happening here.

Conservative radical Anarchists (AKA Libertarians) working in concert with various corporate entities are literally trying to undermine the government at the moment, and here they are still whining and spouting McCarthy-ite lines about "Communists".

Some absolutely brain-dead whining bleeding-heart cluelss libbies chant "Free Mumia."

Fuck that.

FRY Mumia!

New evidence has been presented since the trial, and many people believe that said evidence exonerates Mr Mumia, so they have gotten together and are trying to get his case re-tried.

There is absolutley NOTHING wrong with that. If you think there is, then you are obviously un-American. It's called the first amendment, look it up.

You should consider trying NOT to prove that you are a brain dead liberoidal schmuck. It would require massive effort on your part and is pretty much destined to fail, but it might be worthwhile just to have you doing something else that doesn't always reaffirm that you ARE a brain dead liberoidal schmuck.

LOTS of perfectly valid convictions result, eventually, in applications to have the cases re-reviewed (even after the appeals process has been exhasuted) allegedly on the basis of "newly discovered evidence."

It takes a special kind of imbecile (CONGRATULATIONS, you ARE ALREADY A WINNER) to buy the line of garbage which that cop killing cock-gobbler is trying to foist of as newly discovered evidence.

The First Amendment by the way, you moron, deals with freedom of speech, assembly, the press and religion. It has nothing to do with objecting to a cop killer getting endless bites at the apple to evade his responsibility for being a cop killer.

FRY Mumia!

Last edited:
well go try living in North Korea and see how free you are,,communism has no place in the WhiteHouse..

North Korea also being a totalitarian state.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Nope North Korea and China both listed as communist nations. btw,, china is communist and capitalist all at the same time..:lol::lol:

Communism is an economic system. Totalitarianism is a political system.

North Korea is a Communist Totalitarianism.

China is a semi-communist Totalitarianism.

Since Mr Jones never mentioned replacing the democracy of the United States, he is obviously a supporter of a democratic communist state.

Be that as it may, since Mr Jones is not in a position to create either, and never was, what is the point?

Fuck that.

FRY Mumia!

What is the new exonerating evidence?

Frankly, I'm rather amused by the kettle/pot effect happening here.

Conservative radical Anarchists (AKA Libertarians) working in concert with various corporate entities are literally trying to undermine the government at the moment, and here they are still whining and spouting McCarthy-ite lines about "Communists".
I don't know if I'd go that far. None of the libertarians here have really commented on this story. It has, as far as I can tell, only been a concern of the rightwingers that pretend to be conservatives.

It would be very hard to believe that a libertarian would be able to justify keeping communist sympathizers from working for the government.

You should consider trying NOT to prove that you are a brain dead liberoidal schmuck. It would require massive effort on your part and is prety much destined to fail, but it might be worthwhile just to have you doing something else that doesn't always reaffirm that you ARE a brain dead liberoidal schmuck.

LOTS of perfectly valid convictions result, eventually, in applications to have the cases re-reviewed (even after the appeals process has been exhasuted) allegedly on the basis of "newly discovered evidence."

It takes a special kind of imbecile (CONGRATULATIONS, you ARE ALREADY A WINNER) to buy the line of garbage which that cop killing cock-gobbler is trying to foist of as newly discovered evidence.

The First Amendment by the way, you moron, deals with freedom of speech, assembly, the press and religion. It has nothing to do with objecting to a cop killer getting endless bites at the apple to evade his responsibility for being a cop killer.

FRY Mumia!

Personally insulting someone may make you feel better, but it doesn't help you win an argument. In fact, if you use such a tactic and are proven wrong, it makes you look like a moron.

Now, the First Amendment would cover the right of the Mumia supporters to express their feelings on the case. That would be the "freedom of speech".

As far as getting "endless bites of the apple" I'm not aware of Mr Mumia getting more than ONE bite of the apple. Perhaps you have some record of a retrial or even a review of the case? Because I can't find one.

Now, personally, I don't necessarily AGREE with the people who think Mr Mumia is innocent, but that doesn't make them wrong. And it certainly doesn't make it right to try to stop them from exercising their FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT to speak out for what they feel is right.

What is the new exonerating evidence?

No clue. As I said, I'm not a Mumia supporter.

But there seem to be a whole lot of people convinced that whatever new evidence they've gathered is convincing. And they have every right to voice their opinion about it.

Forum List

Back