Vampire seeks governor's job

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
Not exactly my kind of candidate, but I do kind of like his method of dealing with child molesters.

Fri Jan 13, 9:16 AM ET

MINNEAPOLIS (Reuters) - Minnesota voters, who eight years ago elected a former professional wrestler as their governor, may find a self-proclaimed vampire on the ballot for the office this year.

"Politics is a cut-throat business," said Jonathan "The Impaler" Sharkey, who said he plans to announce his bid for governor Friday on the ticket of the Vampyres, Witches and Pagans Party.

Like Jesse "The Body" Ventura, who was elected governor as an independent in 1998, the 41-year-old Sharkey once was a wrestler, although he spent his time "The Unholiest of Kings: Tarantula" on obscure professional circuits.

"I'm a Satanist who doesn't hate Jesus," Sharkey told Reuters. "I just hate God the Father."

However, he claims to respect all religions and if elected, will post "everything from the Ten Commandments to the Wicca Reed" in government buildings.

Sharkey also pledged to execute convicted murders and child molesters personally by impaling them on a wooden pole outside the state capitol.

Sharkey told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that he's a vampire "just like you see in the movies and TV."

"I sink my fangs into the neck of my donor ... and drink their blood," he said, adding that his donor is his wife, Julie.

The field for the governor's race in Minnesota is far from complete. Republican incumbent Tim Pawlenty is widely expected to seek another term in November and his Democratic opponent has not been determined.

Sharkey said he planned to announce his candidacy Friday -- the 13th -- because that was "my lucky number."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060113...0cSH9EA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

This guy was Something Awful's "Awful Link of the Day" Friday. I thought it was funny, but the sad news is that he could win on shock value alone.

mom4 said:
Sounds like a pretty sick dude.

He is. I mean I cant argue with his methods to punish terrorism, but he is pretty sick. I heard him on the radio on friday night talking to a local talk show host. interesting discussion. I dont think he will get much support. but he does have a website already.

He is. I mean I cant argue with his methods to punish terrorism, but he is pretty sick. I heard him on the radio on friday night talking to a local talk show host. interesting discussion. I dont think he will get much support. but he does have a website already.

I think he may have been talking to Joe Soucheray of Garage Logic http://www.am1500.com/garagelogic.htm

I dunno. Yeah, he may sound sick...but I heard some of the things he believes in from the interview I heard (may not be what you heard avatar), and he definitely proves to be leaning to the right more than left. Given his outward beliefs of how to punish terrorism and sex criminals (esp child molestors), I think he may just win on that alone, because of the rash of cases here, and the biggest one so far, the Dru Sjodin case. From what I heard, this guy isn't stupid. Joe actually told him he's his new political hero, because he's nuts, and knows it, and makes no bones about it. Right down to the actual drinking of blood from his wife...

I want to read more into what he believes before I would vote for him though. Although him actually wearing his vampire get-up would certainly be kind of neat. I honestly would not hold that against him. Personally, I think it would be like having a real-life Harry Potter character in government. BUT that would not entice me to vote for him just based on that. Seriously!!!

fuzzykitten99 said:
Personally, I think it would be like having a real-life Harry Potter character in government. BUT that would not entice me to vote for him just based on that. Seriously!!!
LOL! Yeah, right Fuzzy! We believe you! ;)

I went to his website. He talks like he's somewhat conservative. But the guy drinks blood! I don't know if I'd have much faith in his stability.

mom4 said:
LOL! Yeah, right Fuzzy! We believe you! ;)

I went to his website. He talks like he's somewhat conservative. But the guy drinks blood! I don't know if I'd have much faith in his stability.

I AM serious!!! :tng:

I don't care what he does as far as religous beliefs. If he literally says he hates God the Father...then whatever, that's his thing. If he wants to actually drink blood, then how does that prevent him from doing his job as governor, should he get elected? I suppose I would want to know more about his companies' stability, as I heard he owns & runs a few, to know about his stability as a leader, and financial knowledge. If he can start and run several successful companies, being a governor may not be too far off.

I like the job that Pawlenty is doing now, so I would hate to ruin that good path we are on now by electing someone different. But, there is a part of me that likes this guy based on the fact that he is a true vampire...at least in his actions.

fuzzykitten99 said:
I AM serious!!! :tng:

I like the job that Pawlenty is doing now, so I would hate to ruin that good path we are on now by electing someone different. But, there is a part of me that likes this guy based on the fact that he is a true vampire...at least in his actions.
Are you making a case as to why women shouldn't be allowed to vote? :dunno:

Mr. P said:

No, that's not what I mean, as I probably wasn't clear in my message.

I just think that this guy isn't afraid to be himself, and open himself up to what I know will be a HUGE religeous-beliefs debate started by the local Christians/Catholics. You know they are going to start this "Sharkey is the Devil" crap...

Ok, I admit it...I think this guy seems pretty cool just because he is very unusual and lives a life most of us only see in movies or read in books. He is different than the typical politician. Maybe that is a big part of it. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy, knows what he wants, and stands for that, no matter what people think of his personal beliefs.

I never thought Ventura was cool nor did I vote for him. I know/knew him (sort of) personally, because I used to talk to his wife Terry, a lot at horse shows when I was younger. I had met him on several occasions, and thought he was the biggest ass. It seemed like wrestling had affected his brain because he came off as an idiot. I didn't care what he had been or done in the past. I didn't care that he coached the rival football team (Champlin Park Rebels) of my own HS team, the Anoka Tornadoes. He was a jerk most of the time to young kids who asked for his autograph after games.

However, Sharkey (even his name is kinda cool) said he is willing to display ALL religous documents (Ten Commandments to the Wicca Reed as another posted noted), so if he's not afraid of the 10 Commandments being up in government property, then is he all that bad?

Mr. P said:

I do. :). Seriously. I have presented the concept and reasons backing it to about 5 people, three females, all five wound up agreeing with me.

They are all conservatives, free thinkers too.

LuvRPgrl said:
I do. :). Seriously. I have presented the concept and reasons backing it to about 5 people, three females, all five wound up agreeing with me.

Well, I think more than male/female, we should have an IQ test..
That'll do er..

Now you need to run like ...fast, before they read your post! :teeth:

LuvRPgrl said:

Present away, sir. Why should women not be allowed to vote?

fuzzykitten99 said:
No, that's not what I mean, as I probably wasn't clear in my message.

I just think that this guy isn't afraid to be himself, and open himself up to what I know will be a HUGE religeous-beliefs debate started by the local Christians/Catholics. You know they are going to start this "Sharkey is the Devil" crap...

Ok, I admit it...I think this guy seems pretty cool just because he is very unusual and lives a life most of us only see in movies or read in books. He is different than the typical politician. Maybe that is a big part of it. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy, knows what he wants, and stands for that, no matter what people think of his personal beliefs.

I never thought Ventura was cool nor did I vote for him. I know/knew him (sort of) personally, because I used to talk to his wife Terry, a lot at horse shows when I was younger. I had met him on several occasions, and thought he was the biggest ass. It seemed like wrestling had affected his brain because he came off as an idiot. I didn't care what he had been or done in the past. I didn't care that he coached the rival football team (Champlin Park Rebels) of my own HS team, the Anoka Tornadoes. He was a jerk most of the time to young kids who asked for his autograph after games.

However, Sharkey (even his name is kinda cool) said he is willing to display ALL religous documents (Ten Commandments to the Wicca Reed as another posted noted), so if he's not afraid of the 10 Commandments being up in government property, then is he all that bad?

Is there something in the water up in Mn? Ya really would support a wacko who drinks his wifes blood...and claims to be a 'real' vampire...not to mention that he did say he was a former pro wrestler...whom you also said affected Jesses brain and "came off as an idiot" would this logic not also apply to "Sharkey"? :scratch:

fuzzykitten99 said:

Gee, ya think? The guy is only an admitted Satanist, can't imagine why they would they ever go that route... :D

archangel said:
Is there something in the water up in Mn? Ya really would support a wacko who drinks his wifes blood...and claims to be a 'real' vampire...not to mention that he did say he was a former pro wrestler...whom you also said affected Jesses brain and "came off as an idiot" would this logic not also apply to "Sharkey"? :scratch:

The thing is, Sharkey's been a 'vampire' all his life. His parents were of the same, um, religion, for lack of better word. Wrestling was just something he has done in the past. I so far like his views, such as what he says on his website:

My personal and political belief is: “If an elected official truly has the
betterment of those they serve in their hearts, than for the betterment
of their constituents, they cannot only work with all their elected
colleagues, but place the needs of those they serve above the
influence of ‘Special Interest Groups.’”

Jesse went from Navy, to wrestling, to actor, to radio talk show host, to mayor and coaching HS football to governor. Wrestling was well before anything else, so I do believe it may have had some effect. But you do not need to be smacked in the head too many times to be a jerk and an outright dumbass.

Really, if this guy wants to drink blood, so be it. I guess the oddball people tend to peak my attention because I am an oddball myself. At least I think I am. Besides, how do we know he REALLY does this and it isn't something he is saying to get our attention?

I also said I have to read more into what this guy thinks and supports, because Pawlenty is doing a fantastic job. I never said I would vote for the guy now, he's just a very interesting person, and I am interested to learn more about him. Can you imagine Halloween with this guy? Heck, he's in costume 365 days a year! I really would like to meet him face to face and ask questions to get a feel for his personality.

fuzzykitten99 said:
The thing is, Sharkey's been a 'vampire' all his life. His parents were of the same, um, religion, for lack of better word. Wrestling was just something he has done in the past. I so far like his views, such as what he says on his website:

Jesse went from Navy, to wrestling, to actor, to radio talk show host, to mayor and coaching HS football to governor. Wrestling was well before anything else, so I do believe it may have had some effect. But you do not need to be smacked in the head too many times to be a jerk and an outright dumbass.

Really, if this guy wants to drink blood, so be it. I guess the oddball people tend to peak my attention because I am an oddball myself. At least I think I am. Besides, how do we know he REALLY does this and it isn't something he is saying to get our attention?

I also said I have to read more into what this guy thinks and supports, because Pawlenty is doing a fantastic job. I never said I would vote for the guy now, he's just a very interesting person, and I am interested to learn more about him. Can you imagine Halloween with this guy? Heck, he's in costume 365 days a year! I really would like to meet him face to face and ask questions to get a feel for his personality.

know where to begin to address this...maybe ya are right Mn. has become the Halloween capital of the nation...so hell ya vote in a Vampire in tights!
I will pass on any future visits to Transelvania though!( I know sp error) just left it so clay has something to police! Never mind..don't want to give the young man a headache...so:Transylvania...there is that better?

Abbey Normal said:
Gee, ya think? The guy is only an admitted Satanist, can't imagine why they would they ever go that route...

well, i guess this is where I tend to be sliding more to the left.

I hung out with the Wiccan kids in school because many of them were in my interest groups like theater and band/marching band. They didn't really dress that differently, and were genuinely good and nice people. I felt accepted with them, even though I didn't believe what they did. Personally, I have never felt like I was truly accepted in the Pro-God group, even though I believe in God and Jesus, and was raised Christian. I always felt that because I didn't go to church (never liked going, just not my thing), I was somehow not good enough. I never felt like I was part of the group, just an outsider, and looked down-upon or talked to like I was an toddler. I think to them, it isn't enough to just believe.

The Wiccan kids were never like that, and treated me equally, as well as everyone else. They genuinely cared about me as a person, and never tried to push their beliefs onto me, and were always willing to answer questions about them-and not once did I ever think any of them were the devil. Maybe that's why I was very liberal for so much of my life. I have 2 friends with whom I still email every so often and have met up with them a few times in the last few years. My grandma was born/raised catholic. At first she didn't like my friends because of what they were, but when she got to know them, she realized they weren't what she thought.

fuzzykitten99 said:
well, i guess this is where I tend to be sliding more to the left.

I hung out with the Wiccan kids in school because many of them were in my interest groups like theater and band/marching band. They didn't really dress that differently, and were genuinely good and nice people. I felt accepted with them, even though I didn't believe what they did. Personally, I have never felt like I was truly accepted in the Pro-God group, even though I believe in God and Jesus, and was raised Christian. I always felt that because I didn't go to church (never liked going, just not my thing), I was somehow not good enough. I never felt like I was part of the group, just an outsider, and looked down-upon or talked to like I was an toddler. I think to them, it isn't enough to just believe.

The Wiccan kids were never like that, and treated me equally, as well as everyone else. They genuinely cared about me as a person, and never tried to push their beliefs onto me, and were always willing to answer questions about them-and not once did I ever think any of them were the devil. Maybe that's why I was very liberal for so much of my life. I have 2 friends with whom I still email every so often and have met up with them a few times in the last few years. My grandma was born/raised catholic. At first she didn't like my friends because of what they were, but when she got to know them, she realized they weren't what she thought.

however this guy is a wack job...would you really want a person who claims to be a vampire... for real... running your state government? We are not talking Wicca here we are talking about a guy who does not go to vampire movies for entertainment...but to relate and dream he is one of those characters...in serious need of professional help...IMO

Forum List

Back