Values: Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Atheist

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
What's important to you?

Buddhist values are compassion for others and doing no harm. That means that ridding oneself of anger and aggression are of paramount importance in Buddhism.

Last edited:
What's important to you?

Buddhist values are compassion for others and doing no harm. That means ridding oneself of anger and aggression are of paramount importance in Buddhism.

What's important right now or are we talking long term here ?

• Banned
What's important to you?

Buddhist values are compassion for others and doing no harm. That means ridding oneself of anger and aggression are of paramount importance in Buddhism.

What's important right now or are we talking long term here ?

It's not a trick question. Whatever way you want to answer it is ok.

For me it goes like this. Compassion is a fundamental value. For a Buddhist, it means to rid oneself of anger, greed, hatred and other negative emotions. Another value of Buddhism is equanimity. Another thing that is greatly valued is reason, since it is through analytical meditation, using logic and examining cause and effect relationships that we can penetrate the misconceptions we have about the true nature of reality.

Last edited:
The Lord. He's the one who is teaching me things, loving others, what is right and wrong, correcting me when I'm wrong, forgiving others. Standing fast in His Word. Having grace, charity, helping others.
Before I knew Him, I was running towards hell with my hair on fire living for "self". Still have that "self" dangling here and there, but He's helping me. Praise Jesus Christ, King of kings, Lord of lords, His love is like no other.

And what does my religion or lack thereof have to do with my values?

While many christians were saying "just nuke em all and let god sort em out" I was aghast that we would invade a sovern nation based on what they might do.

The best thing about my religion is I don't think you deserve an eternity in hell and infinite torture for not thinking the same way I do.

So I guess it's important to me that everyone is treated equally once they're dead.

What's important to you?

Buddhist values are compassion for others and doing no harm. That means that ridding oneself of anger and aggression are of paramount importance in Buddhism.

they all desire money and power , nothing more

What's important to you?

Wrongo, there are some of us who only desire enough money to be comfortable in a moderate lifestyle.

Power is trouble, I prefer a more boring peaceful lifestyle and do not want to "stab" anyone in the back to get ahead.

Being content with what onesself is is a status that few reach.

What's important to you?

Wrongo, there are some of us who only desire enough money to be comfortable in a moderate lifestyle.

Power is trouble, I prefer a more boring peaceful lifestyle and do not want to "stab" anyone in the back to get ahead.

Being content with what onesself is is a status that few reach.

I had no idea you are a religion ,
cool but I was talking about the religions them self , tho protestants do have segments of their preaching were they give you financial advice .

Forum List

Back