Values and morals. WTF???

No, they're trying to strong-arm the scouts into changing their fundamental structure.

By penalizing them for not changing.

You do understand the difference between a penalization and a cessation of a subsidy right?

They aren't treating them worse than anyone else because they discriminate...they just aren't subsidizing them anymore. The government doesn't have responsibility for the scouts. You want to discriminate, do it on your own dime.

By penalizing them for not changing.

What if the christians that don't want the boy scouts to change their policies picks up the tab instead of letting them suck on the tit of public taxes? Wouldn't this solve the problem entirely? Are there no mega church's willing to fund the cub scouts?

No one who doesn't like the stadards of cub scouts would have anything to say about if the people wanting to support the scouts did so with their wallet instead of their mouths.

Yes?

would this be an acceptable solution, Allie?

No. I have no problem with them getting government perks. All sorts of orgnizations, including ones I certainly don't hold with, receive money and other benefits from the hand of taxpayers.

Public television, for one.

Government PERKS? are you a conservative or not? What ever happened to the power of PRIVATE business?

Show where PBS discriminates against any group of Americans. Remember, my standard for evidence isn't merely rhetoric that makes screaming eagle pop a boner.

If it's a matter of accepting money from TAXES and being forced to change OR being funded by private christian organizations and running it how you will what would you choose? You won't sidestep the discrimination charge against the cub scouts by pointing a finger at PBS.

You withdraw it from the scouts, you withdraw it from everyone. Otherwise, it's like I said...an attempt to strong arm them.

And you aren't serious about Public television being non-discriminatory, are you? You can't be. Have you ever actually watched it?

prove it. Show me your source. We can talk about PBS. But, NOW we are taling about the scouts.

again, are you conservative or not? Why would you rationalize funding something with taxes that could EASILY be taken up by the very groups that dont want the scouts to change their discriminatory policies? Its the same with adoption through catholic charities. If CC doesn't want to play the non-discrimination standard necessary to recieve public funds then they are free to do so on their own private dime.

I'm the source. I've watched so much of their anti-Christian tripe I'm surprised I can still see.

And I am a Conservative, but how does that work into withdrawing funding from only conservative/Christian based organizations? Why on earth would I want that, Conservative or not?

I'm the source. I've watched so much of their anti-Christian tripe I'm surprised I can still see.

And I am a Conservative, but how does that work into withdrawing funding from only conservative/Christian based organizations? Why on earth would I want that, Conservative or not?

I would support government ending the arts endowments. From decades ago, I thought that artists should survive (or not survive) based on the whims of the private sector. Yet, I find it funny how the religious right had no problem having taxpayers support artists who were creating pro-Christian artwork. Yet, when the NEA was supporting provocative and supposedly anti-Christian artwork, the religious right seemed to be screaming in outrage at the top of their lungs. Anyway, I feel the same way about public television. It should be privatized. In that respect AllieBaba and I might be in agreement. I also think that the scouts, as a private organization, should be free to discriminate as it sees fit. Yet, if it wants to discriminate, it should receive no taxpayer support whatsoever. You should not be able to have it “both ways”. If you want public sector (tax) support, don’t discriminate. If you are willing to rely exclusively, shut your doors on people as you see fit.

Forum List

Back