Valedictorian speaks out against public schools.

Yeah, that pretty much covers it.

Two boys were competing to be valedictorian when I was in high school. One of them got a B in math senior year. He cried in class. I almost started laughing. Then I though about the hundreds of hours of idiotic busy work he must have done to get straight A's in EVERYTHING.

I got straight D's in religion freshman year. I wasn't about to do those STUPID homework assignments.

psik

I wonder how closely either of you watched the video? It wasn't a condemnation of public schools, it was a condemnation of compulsory education. Her stance is that nobody should go to any school if they don't want to.

Do you agree? :confused:

I wonder how closely either of you watched the video? It wasn't a condemnation of public schools, it was a condemnation of compulsory education. Her stance is that nobody should go to any school if they don't want to.

It is obvious that AUTHORITARIANS don't know how to listen.

I didn't go to public schools. The grade schools are designed to kill curiosity. If it was done right there wouldn't be a problem. But with computers and the internet how necessary are the schools? The clowns that call themselves educators mostly get in the way and don't point out what is important.

Why is Shakespeare more important than double-entry accounting? If accounting had been mandatory in the schools for the last 50 years then would the economy be in the current state?

psik

They clearly agree that people shouldn't be educated. No?
Educated? Yes.
Indoctrinated? No.

Parents should be able to send their child to any public school they want. Schools will then compete for students, because they only get paid for each child occupying a seat, quality of education will rise as a result.

Educated? Yes.
Indoctrinated? No.

Parents should be able to send their child to any public school they want. Schools will then compete for students, because they only get paid for each child occupying a seat, quality of education will rise as a result.

I too agree with School Choice. Public schools should be allowed to choose who they will accept and who they will not accept or kick out...just like private schools.

Educated? Yes.
Indoctrinated? No.

I too agree with School Choice. Public schools should be allowed to choose who they will accept and who they will not accept or kick out...just like private schools.

except that isn't the idea of public schools...

we have that in nyc with regard to various programs. the G&T and specialized programs are very competative... but you still always have the right to go to your zoned school.

Educated? Yes.
Indoctrinated? No.

except that isn't the idea of public schools...

we have that in nyc with regard to various programs. the G&T and specialized programs are very competative... but you still always have the right to go to your zoned school.
Well, if that isn't the idea of public schools, people shouldn't be surprised that public schools won't do as well as private/charter schools.

Educated? Yes.
Indoctrinated? No.

Educated? Yes.
Indoctrinated? No.

And if no school chooses a student then he or she is not able to attend school? :uhoh3:

Why is it that everyone is so quick to blame the teachers and/or school system? :confused:

I've got a radical idea!!! :2up: Let's try and get the PARENTS involved!!

Educated? Yes.
Indoctrinated? No.

Educated? Yes.
Indoctrinated? No.

And if no school chooses a student then he or she is not able to attend school? :uhoh3:

Why is it that everyone is so quick to blame the teachers and/or school system? :confused:

I'm sure there are private schools out there willing to take the parents' money. And there are always the fields and ditch digging for a while til the kid appreciates education....or the parents do.

We went to school. The nuns couldn't teach math worth a damn. They never used the science books that were sitting on the shelves.

I learned more science as a result of reading science fiction books.

My mother said science fiction was something crazy. I ignored her.

Now since Star Wars science fiction has been turning to crap at the same time we have been getting computers better than what was in the sci-fi books of the 60's. Talk about techno-irony.

So get a computer e-reader for $99 from CVS.

Sylvania $99 Netbook at CVS Part 2: The first day - Knoxville Social Media | Examiner.com

Download free sci-fi with it. From before Star Wars.

The Project Gutenberg eBook of The Year When Stardust Fell, by Raymond F. Jones.

psik

Forum List

Back