Valdimir Poutine's decision

padisha emperor

Sep 6, 2004
Aix-en-Provence, France
Sorry, but I don't see any thread about Russia, so I put this one here.

Have you heard the news from Russia ? Poutine declared that now, the governors will be not elected, like before, but will be chosen by himself. So poutine will have the power to name the Russian Federation's provinces' governor....

What do you think about ? the White House said that they - the WH's people - are scared for democracy. (White House's people certainly know what the danger for democracy is :D )

I think that Poutine want to become a Tsar, like Pierre le Grand, Alexandre II and III, Nicolas II.....he has a lot of power for a Federation's President...like a dictator...

So, and you, what do you think ?

For now I have moved to WOT forum. Maybe we need an 'other countries' forum? I can see where you were confused.

Not a full fledged return to communism. But he's trying his best to steer it that way. What did you expect with an ex-KGB man as president. He wants control and any excuse to grab it, he will. The people have to know that in a democracy, they are the power. I wonder if they realize that democracy doesnt just mean McDonalds and Starbucks. It means Freedom!!! They will soon know what freedom is when they are living under the Iron Curtain again.

padisha emperor said:
Sorry, but I don't see any thread about Russia, so I put this one here.

Have you heard the news from Russia ? Poutine declared that now, the governors will be not elected, like before, but will be chosen by himself. So poutine will have the power to name the Russian Federation's provinces' governor....

What do you think about ? the White House said that they - the WH's people - are scared for democracy. (White House's people certainly know what the danger for democracy is :D )

I think that Poutine want to become a Tsar, like Pierre le Grand, Alexandre II and III, Nicolas II.....he has a lot of power for a Federation's President...like a dictator...

So, and you, what do you think ?

Putin's stance is nothing but a logical extension of Dubbyuh's policies of pre-emption, expansion of executive powers and curtailment of the powers of the judicial and legislative branches. Another attack on US soil will put America on the same road to totalitarianism that Russia is, once more, headed down.

Bullypulpit said:
Putin's stance is nothing but a logical extension of Dubbyuh's policies of pre-emption, expansion of executive powers and curtailment of the powers of the judicial and legislative branches. Another attack on US soil will put America on the same road to totalitarianism that Russia is, once more, headed down.

No it's not. What an erroneous and ridiculous comment. Please show how cancelling elections has anything to do with Bush's policy.

Bullypulpit said:

I always wonder if your lunacy knows any bounds. Kind of like asking if the universe has an edge i suppose.

:D
well, you're right Sir evil, I apologize, i didn't see i wrote the name in french.

But you understand, it is the most important, isn't it ? ;)

I think that Putin azlways made things which wzere not really democratic, like the medias who were censored. And terror makes that Russia is dashed into a kind of dictatorship. Putin become stronger with terrorism. After each attack, he can have more power. So, it is awful to say that, but the terrorism help Putin...

rtwngAvngr said:
No it's not. What an erroneous and ridiculous comment. Please show how cancelling elections has anything to do with Bush's policy.

I do believe it was General Tommy Franks (<i>ret.</i>) who said, in an interview with <i>Cigar Aficionado</i>, that:

<blockquote>Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.</blockquote>

Source: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/20/185048.shtml

Nothing "erroneous" or "ridiculous" about it.

And Dubbyuh said, " If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." Yessirree! Dubbyuh looked into Putin's soul and found him a soulmate!

Source: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0012/18/nd.01.html

i do not think it is a stretch to worry that any president, regardless of party, would take broad and controversial emergency powers in such a chain of events as several substantial terror attacks on US soil. this way in a sense, for a while,the president would be more like a supreme general.

putin's moves, on the other hand, are to centralize and expand his power to shape Russia in how he sees fit. this way, he is like a dictator, and for as long as possible.

Bullypulpit said:
I do believe it was General Tommy Franks (<i>ret.</i>) who said, in an interview with <i>Cigar Aficionado</i>, that:

<blockquote>Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.</blockquote>

Source: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/20/185048.shtml

Nothing "erroneous" or "ridiculous" about it.

And Dubbyuh said, " If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." Yessirree! Dubbyuh looked into Putin's soul and found him a soulmate!

Source: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0012/18/nd.01.html

One man's opinion. I feel that if computers become too smart then we will end up like the Matrix or Terminator scenario. Does that mean that if somebody else somewhere agrees with me, my opinion must be true?

Plus i love your out of context quote from Bush. Any idiot can see that it was a joke. Wouldnt you think that CNN would have had a field day in their transcripts after that statement? You really are grasping at straws arent you. Careful now, you might get splinters.

Gen. Tommy Franks says that if the United States is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.

Bullypulpit's message is not ridiculous.
when there is a big big danger, it could happen.
want some examples ?
France : the Ist Republic was proclaimed the 09/21/1792. For this republic, we done a Constitution, the Constitution of the 06/24/1793.

Ans as soon this Constitution is finished, ready, it was put into a ceddar ark.
Why ? because France was at war against the european monarchies - England, Austria, Prussia.... - .
So, the emergency state has been proclaimed, and at the call of "la patrie en danger" - fatherland in danger - , the french armies went to the borders.
After it is the rule of Terror, until 1794.

So, a dictatorship, lead by Robespierre and the Comité du Salut Public - Committee of Public Safety - , France did war against her ennemy. Because in a real emergency state, sometimes a strong regime, a dictatorship is more able to defend the country. Not always. But here, France did this choice, the Terror was an awful period, heads rolled, but France was saved on the military point.

So, bullypulpit's message was not ridiculous.

padisha emperor said:
I think that Poutine want to become a Tsar, like Pierre le Grand, Alexandre II and III, Nicolas II..

You forgot about Alexander I.

But a five-minute call-in poll on the Ekho Moskvy radio station yesterday found a majority opposed one of Putin's major changes. Of 3,807 people who responded, 75 percent were for the direct election of regional governors.

Russians, however, generally think that the elected governors and legislators are even more corrupt than were Communist administrators in the Soviet Union, which broke up in 1991.

Russians also have traditionally clamored for a firm hand to restore order and now want action against terrorism, often telling journalists that terrorist attacks would never have happened under dictator Josef Stalin.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002034858_russia14.html

(allright Zhukov, I should have to put it in WOT. the administrator corrected my mistake.)

I forget also lots of other. But it is correct, i speak of the most well known, and I forgot Alexandre I. (he is probably more impotrant than Alexandre III, but I think hat in my unconsciousness I prefer talk about the tsar who had good relations with France intsead of the one who lead Russia when Napoleon withdraw in Russia... :D No, I joke ;) )

Zhukov : why did you change your avatar ? I prefer the one before.

And what does your signature means, unforntunatly i don't understand russian.

What dio you think about what I post, about the emergency state ?

padisha emperor said:
(allright Zhukov, I should have to put it in WOT. the administrator corrected my mistake.)

I just linked the other thread to show you that there was indeed already a topic about Putin.

I forget also lots of other. But it is correct, i speak of the most well known, and I forgot Alexandre I. (he is probably more impotrant than Alexandre III, but I think hat in my unconsciousness I prefer talk about the tsar who had good relations with France intsead of the one who lead Russia when Napoleon withdraw in Russia... :D No, I joke ;) )

It was a joke. Making it to Paris was the reason I named Alex I.

Zhukov : why did you change your avatar ? I prefer the one before.

Because I'm feeling pro-Putin.

And what does your signature means, unforntunatly i don't understand russian.

Assuming my translation is accurate (which I'm sure it more or less is), it still means:

"Russia needs a strong state power and must have it."
-Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin

What dio you think about what I post, about the emergency state ?

I talk about my opinion of Putin's actions in the thread I originally linked, but it can be summed up with: "It's about time."

New Topics

Forum List

Back