Vacuum Cleaners

My suggestion is to buy a Eureka vacuum. Get an upright with a B A G. They are easy to use. The only filter is the B A G. And Once it is filled you simply take the vacuum out the side door, unzip the outer bag and remove the paper filter bag, and replace it. No cleaning out clear plastic cups that look like something is growing inside. No trying to locate the air filter that basically replaced the job of the bag --- and while you're emptying the bag, you simply check the whirl brushes. which remove for easy cleaning if needed.

Ours lasted for 20 years. My toddler even rode on it and ran it as a teen. When he was at college it blew up. I bought the same model ---it's now considered a "commercial" vacuum. To pay 500 dollars for a Dyson is totally ridiculous. They are nothing but plastic and no one cares if you're pushing around a purple vacuum ---no one is impressed.

I am looking to buy a new vacuum cleaner. I am looking at a few different models.

I had 3 in the last 4 years and none of them have met my standards for cleaning my home

Does anyone here have any advice or do you own one that you would recommend?

By the way I own 3 cats and 1 dog, and there is no way I will shave them :eusa_angel:

I have the Dyson Ball Animal 2 model. It's by far the best carpet vacuum I've ever owned (1 year so far). It also does just as well on the wood floor when you turn the brush off. The filter on it is great and can be washed, but will clog up pretty fast if you try to use carpet powder.

I have 3 dogs and 2 cats myself, and my wife won't let me shave them. lol

u_10024258.jpg

`
I use two vacs. My primary is an upright, commercial Sanitaire. Virtually indestructible. Metal parts. Excellent suction/pick-up, providing you empty the bag at half full. Easy to maintain, change parts like belts, brushes. ($140.00) The second is a Eureka mighty mite canister. Easy to tote. Superior pick-up. Good for corners, edges, vents. walls/ceilings, stairs, etc. ($50.00)
`

Forum List

Back