Vaccines and Autism - what do you think?

I think we agree. I think the problem is the term infant that I used. By infant I meant under one year of age. If there is a different definition for infant I stand corrected. There may be signs of autism under two years, but diagnosis is difficult. Since autism often involves normal development followed by regression I do not believe a diagnosis is normally possible under one year.

Tracking your child's development and watching for red flags is good advice. Early intervention is critical, but difficult because it involves diagnosis and marshalling resources to treat autism in the face of an often ignorant medical community and indifferent government agency. The cost of treatment, whether it be biomedical or behavioral is high.

Your insight is appreciated.

I think we agree. I think the problem is the term infant that I used. By infant I meant under one year of age. If there is a different definition for infant I stand corrected. There may be signs of autism under two years, but diagnosis is difficult. Since autism often involves normal development followed by regression I do not believe a diagnosis is normally possible under one year.

Tracking your child's development and watching for red flags is good advice. Early intervention is critical, but difficult because it involves diagnosis and marshalling resources to treat autism in the face of an often ignorant medical community and indifferent government agency. The cost of treatment, whether it be biomedical or behavioral is high.

Your insight is appreciated.
I was just stating there can be signs in some cases. I also think they have a lot more to discover about autism and vaccines but I don't really believe vaccines cause autism but that is my opinion and I could be proven wrong.

Explain how during the 60's and 70's and even early 80's there was no "jump" in autism and now it is the vaccine?

The case of 12 children is first off to low a number and secondly it is shown the doctor falsified his records. Then we have the three court cases. No evidence has been shown linking the vaccine to autism.

This is gonna be like the claim that power lines cause cancer. No evidence actually exists but people believe it anyway.

I have to agree with you here. I've been wondering what HAS changed in the past few decades? Fertility treatments come to mind.

Explain how during the 60's and 70's and even early 80's there was no "jump" in autism and now it is the vaccine?

The case of 12 children is first off to low a number and secondly it is shown the doctor falsified his records. Then we have the three court cases. No evidence has been shown linking the vaccine to autism.

This is gonna be like the claim that power lines cause cancer. No evidence actually exists but people believe it anyway.

I have to agree with you here. I've been wondering what HAS changed in the past few decades? Fertility treatments come to mind.

Plus, there are many things doctors still don't know about autism, how people get it, and how to "cure" it. It just is getting diagnosed more, the more the medical community learns about autism. Plus, parents are more informed these days, there are TONS of resources out there for anyone needing information about autism, and support groups too.

Plus, there are many things doctors still don't know about autism, how people get it, and how to "cure" it. It just is getting diagnosed more, the more the medical community learns about autism. Plus, parents are more informed these days, there are TONS of resources out there for anyone needing information about autism, and support groups too.
I agree that it's real, just as sure it's being over diagnosed and that is a label that will haunt.

Forum List

Back