VA Won't Get Fixed

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
This is from a blog established by combat veterans who care deeply about anything to do with the US military and veterans. From reading this, it is clear he knows of what he is writing. The main thrust is that Queen Pelosi is stacking the Democrat side of the House Veteran's Affair Committee with those who won't do a damn thing to really correct the situation. He appears to be somewhat okay with the GOP side but doesn't show a whole lot of optimism about getting things done.

Read the article @ House Veterans Affairs Committee about to hit the shitter This ain t Hell but you can see it from here and thanks to Black Five for directing me to it.

Is medicare any better?
It sure has served us very well over the passed 15 years and when coupled with Tricare for Life it cannot get much better. You just have to know what it will and will not cover and have good doctors who know the system and how it works.

This is from a blog established by combat veterans who care deeply about anything to do with the US military and veterans. From reading this, it is clear he knows of what he is writing. The main thrust is that Queen Pelosi is stacking the Democrat side of the House Veteran's Affair Committee with those who won't do a damn thing to really correct the situation. He appears to be somewhat okay with the GOP side but doesn't show a whole lot of optimism about getting things done.

Read the article @ House Veterans Affairs Committee about to hit the shitter This ain t Hell but you can see it from here and thanks to Black Five for directing me to it.

I agree the problem is not going to be fixed, but it won't be because of who the ranking members or chairmen will be. The VA committee makes no money for the members. There are no high priced lobbyists ready to pump a few million into re-election coffers, no weekends in the Bahamas, no "fact finding" trips to Tahiti. The only time they will get any face time on the news is when there are enough problems with the VA to create some furor. So the members don't have any incentive to fix the problem and all the incentive in the world to hope new problems crop up.

As a 100% disabled veteran receiving care specifically through the VA system, I find the word of an anonymous blogger with an obvious grudge to be invalid.

I had to go to a clinic at the new VA hospital here in Las Vegas and I was more than surprised and pleased with the staff and how they treated me and the others.

I had to go to a clinic at the new VA hospital here in Las Vegas and I was more than surprised and pleased with the staff and how they treated me and the others.

I have never had a bad experience with the VA. The problem has never been the staff, who really do want to help. But they do their job despite the senior management and politicians, not because of it.

I have been using the VA for the last year and the medical personal and service have been outstanding. ..... :cool:
Yes. I hear they have a top notch mental health team treating homophobia. Glad you're getting help.

Y'all be sure to read my reply to this idiot.

Here it is:

As a 100% disabled veteran enrolled solely in the VA system and receiving care through the Orlando VAMC, I can categorically call bullshit on this blogger's claims. First, the problems with the VAMC Orlando are due to poor planning by the previous administration who declared that most of those of us covered under the Gainesville VAMC be transferred to the Orlando system long before ground was broken, leaving the Orlando VAMC horribly understaffed and overworked. They have worked commendably long and hard to correct these issues.

Furthermore, those seven illegals found in the building weren't hired by the VA, they were hired by subcontracters. secondly "fixing the VA" is not the responsibiity of Congress, it is the responsibility of the VA Secretary. Thirdly, Republicans in Congress has repeatedly fought against or delayed funding for the VA repeatedly over the past six years.

For the author: You obviously have a grudge. Get help.

The VA must understand that VA Hospitals belong to us and we should have a say in how they are run.
The Northport VA Hospital welcomed Veterans and their suggestions. It served two counties. The Advisory Committee was made up of Veterans of each Federally Chartered Vet Organization. The Representatives were appointed by their County Leaders in both counties. It worked well. However you will have Reps making complaints some valid and some not valid.
The Hospital Director attended some meetings, with other Administrators attending on his or her behalf.

Sounds like the guy is desperate not to criticize the democrat party. Typical of Veterans who were raised and indoctrinated to be democrats and really have no idea of why they still support the democrat party. For the record Jim Webb was a senator not a congressman.

Forum List

Back