VA - New Outrages and no Remediation

DiogenesDog

Zen Bonobo
May 1, 2006
Wady-Peytona Sector
Timely decisions hard to find at Veterans Affairs
By CHRIS ADAMS
McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON | The Department of Veterans Affairs fell further behind this year in its attempts to give veterans timely decisions on their disability claims, new records show.

The latest numbers are in an annual performance report the VA prepares for Congress. Overall, the agency either has fallen behind or has made no progress in improving its performance in more than half of what it lists as its key goals.

In its speed of processing disability claims, the agency lost ground for the third year in a row.

This is just the processing of new claims. This jis ust one view. The entirety of the problem is troubling.

I am sure that there will be those here who would scoff and ask, "What do you expect in the middle of a war."

I expect that positions be manned in the system to "support the troops." I expect the administration drop its charade of "Middle East Peace" by way of getting the Palestinians and the Israelis together in their perennial dance of detente and to get on with the job that it has already bitten off and been paid to do. This is the worst case of "bait and switch", flip-flopping bullshit that has ever come from any administration.

Moreover, McClatchy Newspapers has found that the VA put a positive spin on many of its numbers and in two instances provided Congress with incorrect or incomplete figures.

It is a PR problem. The media wants to publish and transmit what they think are mistakes and missteps but, "No, really it's just all a big misunderstanding. Our enemies have made you think bad about us. Really, we can't tell you what is really happening because our enemas would use it against us. It's the crack heads and the hummasetuals fault. They have been salting the media with their lies and those GD liberals, those bastards. No, really were nice. Didn't you see a bump in your paycheck last . . . oh, month or so?

Brain fart.

I AM

It's also the major problem when it comes to government-run healthcare.

It's the same in Canada. People have to wait, and wait, and wait for procedures that take just days to get addressed in the US. They have to wait to get doctors.

People in the US now who are on assistance have to wait for primary care physicians and dentists (because after all, who wants to work for government rates?)

How telling!?

This is not good fighting ground for the deadender/Swiftie apologist for the W_administration. Must I become more abrasive or should I just start making shit up to get a rise from those who shy away from the VA mess created by the voo-doo hoo-doos now at the helm.

Nothing needs to be fabricated. Walk into just about any VA facility and observe the effects of dribble down on the very capable and dedicated staff and vulnerable patients.

Any act of defending such conditions because "Clinton dunit" is insanity. It is kind of like, "I-got-mine-now-you-get-yours-'gasm" from the check drawing apologists. Must I repeat just who is making sure those checks clear?

I AM

How telling!?

This is not good fighting ground for the deadender/Swiftie apologist for the W_administration. Must I become more abrasive or should I just start making shit up to get a rise from those who shy away from the VA mess created by the voo-doo hoo-doos now at the helm.

Nothing needs to be fabricated. Walk into just about any VA facility and observe the effects of dribble down on the very capable and dedicated staff and vulnerable patients.

Any act of defending such conditions because "Clinton dunit" is insanity. It is kind of like, "I-got-mine-now-you-get-yours-'gasm" from the check drawing apologists. Must I repeat just who is making sure those checks clear?

I AM

Go ahead, make shit up. The left is good at that anyway.

Remind us how an 80 percent increase is somehow a cut while your at it, FURTHER remind us how since the Demoicrats control Congress they have worked to solve this problem.

Nothing new here, the VA has never been a stellar system. Not under any President nor under any Congress. Blaming it on Bush is a laugh all on its own.

Forum List

Back