VA Medical Center Ratings

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Congratulations to The Stars & Stripes for releasing this information. It's important to know the level of service provided to our veterans across the nation. The one thing that surprised me was the rating received by the Las Vegas medical facility.

It's nearly brand new. The few times I've gone it, it appears to have everything any medical facility could need. Plenty of volunteers. Facilities for handicapped. The few staffers I've encountered appear professional and attentive. So why does it only come up with a 2?

Not included are the clinical facilities of each. There appear to be a number of brand new clinics here in the Vegas valley so I wonder if that somehow plays a roll.

Anyhow the full list of all facilities is @ VA discloses ratings of its 146 medical centers

Thank you, longknife.

Salt Lake City has a 4 and an "improved." I love the place and the service.

On Monday, I called Ophthalmology about my prescription: that it was not as good as I thought it should be. In three hours, I was in with a Resident who did an emergency inspection, prescribed some short time meds, and wrote a new prescription. The next morning I walked in at 8, was counseled at pharmacy, went up to Ophthalmology and saw the fellow who runs the eyeglass order center, went down and got my prescriptions from the pharmacy, saw an old friend in the Blue Clinic for a moment, went down to the parking lot where free valet service was going on for parking, got my car (no valet needed), and drove home. I arrived at 8:50.

I gather my quality of service received is the norm there.

When I first arrived in El Paso the VA here was highly responsive to my needs, 9/10s of what I'd been trying unsuccessfully to get the Colorado VA to do the El Paso VA did. Unfortunately they have become less and less responsive including telling me I only needed an annual checkup every two years.......... Also my PCP is gone, too bad she was HOT!!!! Now I'm stuck in limbo, with a temporary PCP who I have never met so my prescriptions are being renewed by a VA pharmacist......... Never had that happen before. :dunno:
I'm sure a lot of it has to do with workload, I'm not sure I'd want to be a PCP working for the VA, often it's conveyor belt medicine and from what I've been able to observe most PCPs are NPs, PAs and DCs not MDs.
In layman's tongue PCP (Personal Care Provider), NP (Nurse Practitioner), PA (Physician's Assistant) and DC (Doctor of Chiropractic). MD should be obvious.........

Forum List

Back