Va guardsman faces terrorist charges

Just how stupid is this guy?

A shooting at a movie theater. A shooting at the FRC. A shooting at a Sikh temple. All in the national news in the past month.

"Here's a GREAT idea! Why don't I don full military gear and run through the streets of my town with an AR-15 in my hands?"

What. A. Fucking. Dipshit.

As for the fact it fires only pellets, can YOU tell the difference when a guy is running around town with an assault rifle in his hands?

The police behaved EXACTLY as they should have.

• Banned

A shooting at a movie theater. A shooting at the FRC. A shooting at a Sikh temple. All in the national news in the past month.

"Here's a GREAT idea! Why don't I don full military gear and run through the streets of my town with an AR-15 in my hands?"

As for the fact it fires only pellets, can YOU tell the difference when a guy is running around town with an assault rifle in his hands?

Indeed not a smart idea to run in military gear etc. Should have gone to a farm or maybe a military base since he is military and done it there...and no you can't tell the difference...they acted in a correct way up until they charged him with a crime. Stupidity is not a crime...

Are there terrorism charges against Major Hassan or are they sticking with the "workplace violence" lie?

The issue is not with the police. The issue will be if this gentleman is charged with terrorism and the "new definition of terrorisim" and different standards.

Major Hassan's charges have been 13 charges of murder and 32 counts of attempted murder and he had direct ties to terrorists.

But he's not charged with any terrorism charges.

A Rasmussen poll has found that 60 percent of likely American voters believe the shootings should be investigated by military authorities as a terrorist act.

An analyst of terror investigations, Carl Tobias, said that the attack did not fit the profile of terrorism: "Terrorist attacks are undertaken by people who typically ... have some agenda they want to forward politically, and from what I see in the news, this is just a person acting individually because he doesn't want to deploy overseas"

Nidal Malik Hasan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree that detaining him was probably appropriate, but charging him with committing a terrorist act? Unless there is something more to this story we aren't privy to it seems like a gross overreaction to the recent shootings in Colorado and Wisconsin.

Forum List

Back