VA: Bob McDonnell: Jobs Governor?

I'm glad you didn't take that wrong and I can most sincerly sympathize. In the 80s I became fed up and disallusioned by the extreme leftist direction the Dems were headed. I felt lied to and cheated so I did a 180 for a few years untill I realized the GOP was no different in terms of their more and more polerized stance against a more and more polerized DNC. So now I try (obviously not always successfully) to take a reasoned view of issues and motivating factors associated with those issues.
As far as Palin is considered, to the base Sarah represents the conservative platform/ideals (anyone here can and will interpret that as they wish based on their own political/phylosophic paradigm - possitive or negative). I do assert it's rather difficult to lead when one is constantly distracted by accusations/investigations contiuously being hurled. Be honest, this is true for anyone in a leadership position.

Ringel, I have never considered myself a Republican or a Democrat, as my own belief system does not allow me to be pigeon holed into either party's beliefs. Hell, I even voted for Perot twice because I thought this country needed to be run more like a business. But, I digress....
I will always, always belive that Palin was chosen for the sole reason that she is female and the GOP was hoping to capture dissatisfied Clinton supporters. Palin lied to the American people (Bridge to Nowhere) in the very first speech she ever gave and I never got past that. All of her other flubs only reinforced my belief that she got the job because of her gender. Based on all of this, PLUS her quitting on the people of Alaska, how anyone can take her seriously is truly beyond me. She cried about media scrutiny of her children, yet continued to trapse them across the country on her campaign, bringing all of them, including her newborn special needs child to event after event. What was her prupose in doing this? Why did she bitch about the media in one breath, then go looking for their attention in the next? What is it about this lady that so many in the "base" see? In mu humble opinion, she is so transparent, you can see right through her....

You are correct, she was selected because she was a she and because she was the farther right counterpoint to McCain's preceived centrism.
The Bridge to nowhere thing, well IMHO each person will see that according to perspective.
ALL politicians drag their children along on campaign, even Obama, some do it more than others and up until Palin, politician's children were considered off limits in the fray.
Any and every politician that has had so much negative media coverage complains while constantly seeking out media attention, It's called (for good or worse) name recognition. what makes Palin any different?

In my humble opinion, what makes Palin different is that the "evil media" was at the center of her "I quit" speech. If you found your way around her basketball analogies and "gee golly wow" talking points, in the end, she blamed the very same media she wanted and needed in her short political life, for ending it. You see my point?

And even if I did, which I won't since you asked for it, it would still be leaps and bounds above your personal attacks and jerk off babble.

Pardon me for not believing your bullshit...

You spend thread after thread attacking the right, yet not one word from you about the complete bullshit being foisted upon us by the far leftists... The libs have controlled the pursestrings since 2006... Got a problem with any of that? Judging by your thread topics, I'd say you're perfectly fine to see this country slide further and further to the left...

Everything you just wrote about Palin is pure leftist talking points about her you would see at any flaming liberal blog... Admit and embrace your liberalism, Yanker...

Nope, not buying your bullshit... 0bama is and always has been your choice for direction... He can do no wrong in the eye of you flaming liberals...

For someone who likes to pretend they know so much about other people, you really don't know a damn thing about anyone, do you House? Now, IF I thought you were actually serious about debating, I would be more than happy to explain my opinions on Palin. However, seeing as how you have managed to reach a conclusion all by yourself, then fuck off!

For someone who likes to pretend they know so much about other people, you really don't know a damn thing about anyone, do you House? Now, IF I thought you were actually serious about debating, I would be more than happy to explain my opinions on Palin.

Give me a fucking break... Your opinions of Palin are lifted from the last leftist blog you visited... Almost word for word...

That's not debate... Thats Cut & Paste Prowess...

You are as transparent as a fucking window, PudYank....

Stick to checking for spelling errors... That's about all you're good for...

For someone who likes to pretend they know so much about other people, you really don't know a damn thing about anyone, do you House? Now, IF I thought you were actually serious about debating, I would be more than happy to explain my opinions on Palin.

Give me a fucking break... Your opinions of Palin are lifted from the last leftist blog you visited... Almost word for word...

So, not only are you an asshole, but you are a liar too? My opinions of Palin are never cut and pasted. I know it. You know it. And I await your apology for being a liar.

In my humble opinion, what makes Palin different is that the "evil media" was at the center of her "I quit" speech. If you found your way around her basketball analogies and "gee golly wow" talking points, in the end, she blamed the very same media she wanted and needed in her short political life, for ending it. You see my point?

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point, I also don't necessarily agree with it. Palin wasn't prepared for the national spotlight when she was thrust into it. She didn't know what she was getting herself into when she accepted the VP candidate slot. Also she is definitly not the suave, sophisticated intellegencia so lauded by the left. I'll take common sense with (relatively) limited intellegence over intellegence with little or no common sense any day (not saying she has common sense either). Due to the real or perceived lack of intellegence and her inexperience in the national area the media had a field day, i.e. in my humble but accurate opinion both share the blame.
The fact is, she is learning and while we may or may not agree with her or like/dislike her she has taken it upon herself to be a spokesperson for the conservative base. That's fine, she is what she is and she does what she does, I don't have a problem with that, it's just one aspect of our political system at work.
Politicians and media types are generally not attacked unless they are perceived as a threat by one camp or the other, obviously she was (and still is) seen as a threat by the left otherwise she would just be ignored and eventually fade away in the public spotlight.

So, not only are you an asshole, but you are a liar too? My opinions of Palin are never cut and pasted. I know it. You know it. And I await your apology for being a liar.

There's plenty in this thread alone...

Palin = quitter: lifted
Palin chosen for gender: lifted
Palin crying about Media: lifted
Palin politicizing her children: lifted

You want me to apologize that you're a flaming leftist asshole?

You voted for Barry... No con I know would ever vote for such a blatantly liberal candidate for all the hope and change on the planet...

I'm sorry you're too stupid to realize how much of a flaming leftist you really are... Embrace it, don't shun it... Let the revelation begin...

Palin wasn't prepared for the national spotlight when she was thrust into it.

Time out. I was not aware she was forced to run as VP candiate at gunpoint? <thick sarcasm added for effect>

The fact is, she is learning and while we may or may not agree with her or like/dislike her she has taken it upon herself to be a spokesperson for the conservative base. That's fine, she is what she is and she does what she does, I don't have a problem with that, it's just one aspect of our political system at work.

Are spokepersons supposed to lie about "death panels"? Honestly?

Politicians and media types are generally not attacked unless they are perceived as a threat by one camp or the other, obviously she was (and still is) seen as a threat by the left otherwise she would just be ignored and eventually fade away in the public spotlight.

I believe you are incorrect here. Palin, or perhpas the GOP is more to blame came VERY close to being one breath away from POTUS. She was not ready. Not even close. Some of us resent her and the GOP for trying.

With each post, you only show more and more what an asshole you are House. You are making this easy on me...

Palin = quitter: FACT. Known to all. No need to "lift"
Palin chosen for gender: FACT. Known to all. No need to "lift"
Palin crying about Media: FACT. Known to all. No need to "lift"
Palin politicizing her children: FACT. Known to all. No need to "lift"

With each post, you only show more and more what an asshole you are House. You are making this easy on me...

You libs - always mixing up fact and opinion...

What sad individuals people like you are...

wow, typical ignorant lib(not all libs are ignorant, but this one clearly is)
confusing opinion with fact

Palin wasn't prepared for the national spotlight when she was thrust into it.

Time out. I was not aware she was forced to run as VP candiate at gunpoint? <thick sarcasm added for effect>

Are spokepersons supposed to lie about "death panels"? Honestly?

I believe you are incorrect here. Palin, or perhpas the GOP is more to blame came VERY close to being one breath away from POTUS. She was not ready. Not even close. Some of us resent her and the GOP for trying.

Number 1 you missed my qualifier.
2. Like it or not that's politics.
3. No problem, again, that's politics.

Please, oh please, un-confuse me...

Please, oh please, un-confuse me...
your opinion does not make it a fact

Forum List

Back