V

We felt the novel was very prescient to how the political climate is at the moment. It really showed what can happen when society is ruled by government, rather than the government being run as a voice of the people. I don't think it’s such a big leap to say that things like that can happen when leaders stop listening to the people.

– Director James McTeigue[4]

which countries in the world does this reflect.....which american political party could most likely take this leap....

Last edited:
BTW, Alan Moore was extremly unhappy with the movie:

Alan Moore, however, distanced himself from the film, as he has with every screen adaptation of his works to date. He ended cooperation with his publisher, DC Comics, after its corporate parent, Warner Bros., failed to retract statements about Moore's supposed endorsement of the movie.[11] After reading the script, Moore remarked:

"[The movie] has been "turned into a Bush-era parable by people too timid to set a political satire in their own country... It's a thwarted and frustrated and largely impotent American liberal fantasy of someone with American liberal values standing up against a state run by neoconservatives—which is not what the comic V for Vendetta was about. It was about fascism, it was about anarchy, it was about England."[12]

I like Moore, I really do, but he can be just a crybaby when it comes to his work in general.

"V for Vendetta" is probably my favorite movie from the W. Brothers and far outshines the Matrix. Its got a powerful plot that is incredibly relevant in the post 9/11 world. It isn't an anti-Bush movie, its an anti-facist movie. If you come away thinking its an Anti-Bush movie, then that says more about what you think of Bush than about the movie.

I beleve Moore is more upset that they changed 'V' himself from a true anachist into a character who was more of an avenger.

I haven't read V for Vendetta in years, but what i do remmeber of it was 'V' was NOT a likeable or admirable character, he was a stone killer who wanted chaos.

Why the new series has started off great and has some great plot twists that definitely makes it unique, however, it still keeps any of the elements of the original series alive and well!

Because .. it's not V ... it's something else that's a copy cat. ;)

What is it about my earlier explaination that you don't get. I never said the MOVIE title was "V" in my thread title. You assumed that as you do most of the time on this MB.

Now you are making some vague reference to another accusation that is just a lie?

Good job Mod...no bad deed goes unrewarded.

The new movie lookst more like Earth Final Conflict than V.

It looks more like a "hey we can't be creative enough to come up with something new so lets spruce up something old" attempt at making some cash ;).

So cynical :lol:

:lol: I'll give you that one, I was just trying to be less cynical but I do agree. I miss when movies were actually new stories, don't you?

I sooo do. So many repeats of old ideas.

i like the original series best, not going to watch the remakes ... Ever. Especially that new movie one. :blech:

i agree :)

Why the new series has started off great and has some great plot twists that definitely makes it unique, however, it still keeps any of the elements of the original series alive and well!

I set my TIVO to record an episode, I'll give it a shot.

Because .. it's not V ... it's something else that's a copy cat. ;)

What is it about my earlier explaination that you don't get. I never said the MOVIE title was "V" in my thread title. You assumed that as you do most of the time on this MB.

Now you are making some vague reference to another accusation that is just a lie?

Good job Mod...no bad deed goes unrewarded.

Ok huggy out of respect for the spirit of your thread I will only talk about V for Vendetta from here on out in this thread.

V

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnNjRaBj3zs]YouTube - ABC's 'V' - Upfront Trailer - with Elizabeth Mitchell - 3rd November 2009[/ame]

Do you have a problem with the topic? I'm sure you can find lizzard literature somewhere else. In fact a good friend of mine has written several books on the subject.

Robert G. Sprackland | LibraryThing

Then why did you fuck up the thread title, the movie you want to discuss is V for Vendetta ... the TV series called V is about lizard aliens ... get your titles straight next time.

Do you have a problem with the topic? I'm sure you can find lizzard literature somewhere else. In fact a good friend of mine has written several books on the subject.

Then why did you fuck up the thread title, the movie you want to discuss is V for Vendetta ... the TV series called V is about lizard aliens ... get your titles straight next time.

Jezzzuuusss H Christ on a pogo stick kitten.... I TOLD YOU! In the movie everybody ran around and wrote "V" on walls and shit. Like a signal... a protest.. Get it through your kittren brain!!!!! Or watch the movie.

What is there some dumbass rule that my thread title has to conform to some stupid idea that if there is a movie involved that ya have to put the exact title of the movie in it?

Last edited:

Jezzzuuusss H Christ on a pogo stick kitten.... I TOLD YOU! In the move everybody ran around and wrote "V" on walls and shit. Like a signal... a protest.. Get it through your kittren brain!!!!! Or watch the movie.

They did the same thing in the TV movie and TV series huggy, BTW I made a V thread for the scifi one :)

Jezzzuuusss H Christ on a pogo stick kitten.... I TOLD YOU! In the movie everybody ran around and wrote "V" on walls and shit. Like a signal... a protest.. Get it through your kittren brain!!!!! Or watch the movie.

What is there some dumbass rule that my thread title has to conform to some stupid idea that if there is a movie involved that ya have to put the exact title of the movie in it?

So I get this straight! You are talking about Reptile Alien invaders that where synthetic human skin to look like humans, who have a goal to take over the world, stealing our water and making us into food! Do i have that correct? :lol:

Yeah ... back when the TV series was big they did that ... it's what the rebels did as they fought the aliens.

v_tvmini.jpg

I am so glad someone posted this instead of something from that new shitty version. ;)

But yeah ... saw V ... that's what I thought of to.

I agree the TV miniseries is really dumb. Bad acting, bad acTORS, bad special effects. The hovering ship looks like a larger version of Balloon Boy's craft.

Forum List

Back