V

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERpvSQIfCp8&feature=PlayList&p=6FBD38D8371A7AAE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=12]YouTube - The Making of V for Vendetta (Part 1)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfKCqpbG9S8&feature=PlayList&p=8F16866FFDB66F89&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=49]YouTube - V For Vendetta A Study of the Rise of Fascism Part 2[/ame]

V for Vendetta is one of my favorite movies of all time. With that being said however, it is radically different in several ways than the Graphic Novel which is even superior to the movie.

The original was on TV not long ago and was a badly done cliche on the temptation of fascist, Maoist, or moonie type thinking, but with the twist the fascists were now aliens - I guess? I didn't get a chance to watch the whole thing, does anyone know what the motivation was for the new regime, was it just mind control and societal control? Seems big brother has entered our psyches and we have come under the spell of the battle to protect our freedoms? I wonder if all cultures have similar myths or memes?

This is one I saw.

V (1983) (TV)

This one was about water. Didn't realize that until now.

The V miniseries on tv was a remake of one done in the 80s or 90s.

Huggy you moron, its 'V for Vendetta' not 'V'.

People in the thread are confusing the silly mimi series about aliens from the 80s and its remake with the story of anti-establishment that Alan Moore created in the 80s and brought to film in 2005.

BTW, Alan Moore was extremly unhappy with the movie:

Alan Moore, however, distanced himself from the film, as he has with every screen adaptation of his works to date. He ended cooperation with his publisher, DC Comics, after its corporate parent, Warner Bros., failed to retract statements about Moore's supposed endorsement of the movie.[11] After reading the script, Moore remarked:

"[The movie] has been "turned into a Bush-era parable by people too timid to set a political satire in their own country... It's a thwarted and frustrated and largely impotent American liberal fantasy of someone with American liberal values standing up against a state run by neoconservatives—which is not what the comic V for Vendetta was about. It was about fascism, it was about anarchy, it was about England."[12]

v_tvmini.jpg

Now thats the REAL V.

I actually just watched that old tv movie/miniseries 2 weeks ago on SCI FI. The aliens sound EXACTLY like the Obama administration, it was scary close.

BTW, Alan Moore was extremly unhappy with the movie:

Alan Moore, however, distanced himself from the film, as he has with every screen adaptation of his works to date. He ended cooperation with his publisher, DC Comics, after its corporate parent, Warner Bros., failed to retract statements about Moore's supposed endorsement of the movie.[11] After reading the script, Moore remarked:

"[The movie] has been "turned into a Bush-era parable by people too timid to set a political satire in their own country... It's a thwarted and frustrated and largely impotent American liberal fantasy of someone with American liberal values standing up against a state run by neoconservatives—which is not what the comic V for Vendetta was about. It was about fascism, it was about anarchy, it was about England."[12]

I like Moore, I really do, but he can be just a crybaby when it comes to his work in general.

"V for Vendetta" is probably my favorite movie from the W. Brothers and far outshines the Matrix. Its got a powerful plot that is incredibly relevant in the post 9/11 world. It isn't an anti-Bush movie, its an anti-facist movie. If you come away thinking its an Anti-Bush movie, then that says more about what you think of Bush than about the movie.

The original was on TV not long ago and was a badly done cliche on the temptation of fascist, Maoist, or moonie type thinking, but with the twist the fascists were now aliens - I guess? I didn't get a chance to watch the whole thing, does anyone know what the motivation was for the new regime, was it just mind control and societal control? Seems big brother has entered our psyches and we have come under the spell of the battle to protect our freedoms? I wonder if all cultures have similar myths or memes?

This is one I saw.

V (1983) (TV)

The new series has started off pretty good! I love the not to suddle dig on "Independence Day!"

The alien motivation has been presented yet! I assume its water and food (meaning human on a platter)!

I do find the interesting twist that we don't know which ones are aliens and which are humans (no crazy voices)!

I did find it interesting that the aliens seem to parallel Obama's messenge! The world in in peril, we bring hope, peace and change! We are offering universal healthcare!

Not to mention they want the youth to organize as V peace ambassador!

Last edited:

This is one I saw.

V (1983) (TV)

The new series has started off pretty good! I love the not to suddle dig on "Independence Day!"

The alien motivation has been presented yet! I assume its water and food (meaning human on a platter)!

I do find the interesting twist that we don't know which ones are aliens and which are humans (no crazy voices)!

I did find it interesting that the aliens seem to parallel Obama's messenge! The world in in peril, we bring hope, peace and change! We are offering universal healthcare!

ID4 was based on the original version with touches of War of the Worlds added in.

now thats the real v.

I actually just watched that old tv movie/miniseries 2 weeks ago on sci fi. The aliens sound exactly like the obama administration, it was scary close.

i like the original series best, not going to watch the remakes ... Ever. Especially that new movie one. :blech:

i agree :)

Why the new series has started off great and has some great plot twists that definitely makes it unique, however, it still keeps any of the elements of the original series alive and well!

There are no lizzard aliens in V For Vendetta

Then you should have entered the correct title for the thread.

V is older than your movie, V is a classic sci-fi series.

The title was chosen for the letter "V" being used in the movie to signify rebellion. The graffiti used is what I chose. If you had seen the movie or read the starting OP of the thread the distiction should have been clear. Your missuse of the neurons in your cortex is little excuse. One would think that a mod would not go so far out of its way to try to derail a legitimate non offensive thread. Whatsa matter kitty run outta cat litter and had to find a place to poop?

Forum List

Back