V-Rod now "officially dead"

One reason I suspect they are cheap is that the PM they require is either incredibly expensive or a monumental pain in the ass. (Checking valves on the rear cylinder requires removing the engine.)

Honestly, if you want a sport-touring bike, the ONLY reason to buy a V-Rod is if you are a Kool-Aid drinker for H-D.
Nothing quite like "assumptions". Just the way you worded your reply acknowledges you know NOTHING about Vrods. So all you succeeded in proving was your ignorance.

V-Rod is a nice bike. It's a modified dragster, not a touring type bike. Many Harley fans ddin't dig it.

They are great bikes. My brother owned on and being the much more experienced rider I rode it with him on back, about 185lbs. worth. The engine is like a rheostat and pulls no matter what rpm you're at. I didn't get carried away with handling but it isn't a sport bike.

They just aren't seen as a "real" Harley, looks are very high up on the HD bandwagon. Image counts a lot and in order to impress fellow HDers you need the more traditional look.
Yeah I have been told the bike is a blast to ride due to the powerful motor. I've never owned a Harley, but the vrod is a Harley I could own.
Try a Concours 1400...it's a rocket that will make the Vrod feel like a 250.
Why is an obviously Harley hater even here. I'd put up my stock Vrod against a Concours and clean it's fricken clock in the quarter, and maybe even the half.

They are great bikes. My brother owned on and being the much more experienced rider I rode it with him on back, about 185lbs. worth. The engine is like a rheostat and pulls no matter what rpm you're at. I didn't get carried away with handling but it isn't a sport bike.

They just aren't seen as a "real" Harley, looks are very high up on the HD bandwagon. Image counts a lot and in order to impress fellow HDers you need the more traditional look.
Yeah I have been told the bike is a blast to ride due to the powerful motor. I've never owned a Harley, but the vrod is a Harley I could own.
Try a Concours 1400...it's a rocket that will make the Vrod feel like a 250.
Why is an obviously Harley hater even here. I'd put up my stock Vrod against a Concours and clean it's fricken clock in the quarter, and maybe even the half.
Bullshit. A Concours 14 has a V-rod covered by THREE SECONDS in a 1/4 mile run!

Sold my 09 Night Rod Special for a Concours and would never go back. Miss the HD but for what it is, it's just too slow. Forks are completely unadjustable and rear shocks are cheap junk. In Oz this bike used to cost $27K new. Apart from some shiny paint there's not much for the money.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back