V for Vendetta...

Alot of people are blowing the story out of proportion without looking at the entire movie. They are painting this as pro-terrorist movie when its quite the opposite. Its an pro-freedom movie. Its about a citizen that stands up to their oppressive government and starts a revolution. Too many people will focus on blowing up the London Parliament building and not on the message. "People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

I might go see it and i rarely goto movies. Last movie i went to was Star Wars 3 and that was the first movie i went to since Resident Evil 2.

I saw it for the second time this weekend on FX. My god it is like a documentary of the Bush era!

Like how the government censored the media.

How they used terrorism to gain more power

Even the way they described the President and the VP. The VP in this movie was just like Cheney!!!

This was written in 2005? No doubt the directors were aiming this movie at the Bush administration and what they were doing with the Patriot Act and "terrorism".

Great movie. Cross between a true story and a superhero movie.

Yes, I viewed V as a hero, not a terrorist.

Idiot, V for Vendetta was written in the early 80's. It's one of the best graphic novels of all time (rivals Watchmen, actually).

The parallels to Bush are easy to make, though. Archetypes usually hold true no matter what the story is.

Idiot, V for Vendetta was written in the early 80's. It's one of the best graphic novels of all time (rivals Watchmen, actually).

The parallels to Bush are easy to make, though. Archetypes usually hold true no matter what the story is.

Well what the hell? Did Bush get all his ideas from reading this book? You know Bush brags about reading a lot of books, right? I have to believe that they got some of their idea from this movie. Or they got their ideas from the same place the author of V got the ideal to write this book. Its like a blueprint for the last 8 years.

I strongly recommend anyone that comes here and talks about politics, will love V for Vendetta!!!!

I heard Watchmen the movie was not good. I hope it is good. Love the concept.

Watchmen was not a good superhero movie, and I wonder if it was even intended to be one. I enjoyed the movie because I enjoyed the graphic novel. But there's not much action. There's a lot of dialog. I enjoyed it though.

But, you also have to stare at Dr. Manhattan's blue penis for a good portion of the movie, and it makes the movie awkward. Authentic, but awkward.

I saw it for the second time this weekend on FX. My god it is like a documentary of the Bush era!

Even the way they described the President and the VP. The VP in this movie was just like Cheney!!!

This was written in 2005? No doubt the directors were aiming this movie at the Bush administration and what they were doing with the Patriot Act and "terrorism".

please tell me you're kidding.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Have you seen it?

What would I be kidding about? V was a hero. They pres and vp in this movie were a lot like Bush/Cheney.

What would I be kidding about?

Bush/Cheney, whether you believe they knew 9-11 was going to happen, certainly did use 9-11 to push their radical agenda.

Then the anthrax thing that happened in 2002 sort of reminded me about the virus in Vendetta.

Oh yea, and the detention camps. Citizens disappearing and losing their rights (Guantanimo)

Yes Jillian, it was like I was watching a documentary on the Bush years. :lol:

Wasn't anything like the Bush cheney era, and you know I loathe Bush.

That didn't happen in B-C era.

That didn't either, unless you are a truther, V makes it clear the government killed the citizens.

This is where it wasn't even close.

Bush is a freindly moron, not a religious fanatic fascist, if he was, he would not have left office.

Your comments do a real dis-service to a truely great piece of ciniema.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

That didn't either, unless you are a truther, V makes it clear the government killed the citizens.

Bush is a freindly moron, not a religious fanatic fascist, if he was, he would not have left office.

The government didn't censor the media? Oh yes they did. Why else did the media bury its head on WMD's? Or spying? Or Habius Corpus, starri decisis, etc. The media did a horrible job covering Bush's crimes.

If the media wasn't lying for Bush, they were just keeping hush on the stories they should have been telling. If the media did their job, Bush would have been impeached.

I remember only hearing negative stories about Bush on NRP & Air America for like 6 fucking years. Turns out every one of those stories were true, but at the time people blew off my information because i was getting it from liberal sources.

It is a fact that the media did a horrible job being the watchdog to our government. Instead they seemed to be working FOR the government.

And in regards to terrorism. Even if Bush really didn't LET 9-11 happen, there is no doubt that he and Cheney used 9-11 to invade Iraq and to push their radical agenda here at home. And they took away habius corpus, made the Presidency more powerful and don't forget the patriot act.

I think you must have forgotten most of what happened over the past 8 years, specifically from 2002-2006.

Bush may SEEM like a friendly moron, but he was not. That is a southern technique that southerners use to make themselves more likable. Bush was no dummy. They counted on you thinking that he is though.

And you say Bush wasn't religious? Wow. Where were you for the last 8 years?

And, Chaney takes pride on being part of the "dark side", evil, torture, rendition, guantanimo, etc.

And in V, the VP was the one who showed up when the tv host made fun of the president. What did he do? Covered his face, tortured him and you never saw him again.

You must have forgotten when a guy in 2006 told Cheney he sucked and Cheney had the guy arrested:

Man files suit over Cheney encounter : Local News : The Rocky Mountain News

Did you know that Lincoln contacted the major papers during the civil war and asked them for the sake of the union, would they please stop reporting negatively on him and how the war was going?

The papers did it.

I think Bush/Cheney are students of those days. They used Lincoln's playbook to take away Habius Corpus too. Only difference in my opinion is that I see why Lincolned needed it, where Bush was just abusing his power.

Today, most of the media is owned by right wingers, so Bush might not even have had to ask.

But I wish you could go back and watch Cheney/Bush lying us into Iraq. Only a bribed media would have buried their heads like they did back then. Or look how the media covered the story about Joe Wilson & Valerie Plames. If that didn't prove the media was in Bush's pocket, nothing will.

Anyways, it is a lot easier to get away with crimes when the media is in your pocket.

The government didn't censor the media? Oh yes they did. Why else did the media bury its head on WMD's? Or spying? Or Habius Corpus, starri decisis, etc. The media did a horrible job covering Bush's crimes.

If the media wasn't lying for Bush, they were just keeping hush on the stories they should have been telling. If the media did their job, Bush would have been impeached.

I remember only hearing negative stories about Bush on NRP & Air America for like 6 fucking years. Turns out every one of those stories were true, but at the time people blew off my information because i was getting it from liberal sources.

It is a fact that the media did a horrible job being the watchdog to our government. Instead they seemed to be working FOR the government.

And in regards to terrorism. Even if Bush really didn't LET 9-11 happen, there is no doubt that he and Cheney used 9-11 to invade Iraq and to push their radical agenda here at home. And they took away habius corpus, made the Presidency more powerful and don't forget the patriot act.

I think you must have forgotten most of what happened over the past 8 years, specifically from 2002-2006.

Bush may SEEM like a friendly moron, but he was not. That is a southern technique that southerners use to make themselves more likable. Bush was no dummy. They counted on you thinking that he is though.

And you say Bush wasn't religious? Wow. Where were you for the last 8 years?

And, Chaney takes pride on being part of the "dark side", evil, torture, rendition, guantanimo, etc.

And in V, the VP was the one who showed up when the tv host made fun of the president. What did he do? Covered his face, tortured him and you never saw him again.

You must have forgotten when a guy in 2006 told Cheney he sucked and Cheney had the guy arrested:

Man files suit over Cheney encounter : Local News : The Rocky Mountain News

In a few years, this movie will remind us of the Obama administration ....... :eusa_whistle:

First, captain chimptastic comited no crimes, outside of being clueless and spending like an idiot.

Second, you just proved there was no censorship, because you KNOW about the things you list, had they been censored, you would not.

You actually have to commit a crime outside of being an asshole for that.

If you were getting it, it was not censored, was it.

Even more amusing is NPR runs on government money, you just claimed that the government censored the news, because you heard stories on the government run radio station!

The V story was written in reaction to what was happening in Britian at the time, and the central theme is revenge and redemption, as V himself points out over and over with his obcession with the count of Monte Cristo movie, which is, revenge trumps all until it destroys you.

Please tell me you're kidding

Everyone who is disenfranchised from power loves that movie, I suspect...leftist or rightist.

Sadly the real world isn't quite so simple as the movie world.

Today, most of the media is owned by right wingers, so Bush might not even have had to ask.

Yes, it shows in their coverage. NOT.

Anyways, it is a lot easier to get away with crimes when the media is in your pocket.

It's a lot easier to get away with anything if the media is in your pocket. Just ask Obama.

Stop saying stupid things. You were on a roll in the other forums, but your stupidity returned in the Reviews forum, of all places.

First, captain chimptastic comited no crimes, outside of being clueless and spending like an idiot.

Second, you just proved there was no censorship, because you KNOW about the things you list, had they been censored, you would not.

You actually have to commit a crime outside of being an asshole for that.

If you were getting it, it was not censored, was it.

Even more amusing is NPR runs on government money, you just claimed that the government censored the news, because you heard stories on the government run radio station!

The V story was written in reaction to what was happening in Britian at the time, and the central theme is revenge and redemption, as V himself points out over and over with his obcession with the count of Monte Cristo movie, which is, revenge trumps all until it destroys you.

NPR isn't gov run. It relies on public donations.

Anyways, here is my point and I'll let it go.

If Bush breaks the law, commits treason, should be impeached, etc, but only NPR and Air America are talking about it, then that is censorship.

And the public won't even care if only NRP & Air America are reporting on it.

That's how Bush got away with WMD's and all his other lies. NRP & Air America were reporting but you guys easily blew off the stories as liberally bias.

If ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN & Fox aren't reporting on it, no one seems to care.

This happened over the last 8 years. You just don't realize it.

You don't get subtle sensorship.

NPR isn't gov run. It relies on public donations.

Anyways, here is my point and I'll let it go.

If Bush breaks the law, commits treason, should be impeached, etc, but only NPR and Air America are talking about it, then that is censorship.

And the public won't even care if only NRP & Air America are reporting on it.

That's how Bush got away with WMD's and all his other lies. NRP & Air America were reporting but you guys easily blew off the stories as liberally bias.

You don't get subtle sensorship.
You don't understand what censorship means from this post.

And don't use the phrase 'you guys' when speaking to me, I opposed Bush just as much as I oppose Obama, for the exact same reason, they are fiscally irrisponsible.

I do not support overseas wars, and believe all US forces should reside within the borders of America.

It continues to happen today. Obama has been given a free ride for two years now. Stop being a fucking retard.

Forum List

Back