V for Vendetta...

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by insein, Mar 17, 2006.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Alot of people are blowing the story out of proportion without looking at the entire movie. They are painting this as pro-terrorist movie when its quite the opposite. Its an pro-freedom movie. Its about a citizen that stands up to their oppressive government and starts a revolution. Too many people will focus on blowing up the London Parliament building and not on the message. "People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

I might go see it and i rarely goto movies. Last movie i went to was Star Wars 3 and that was the first movie i went to since Resident Evil 2.

2. BATMAN

BATMAN Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    That's why the MSM may not like it.

One of the best taglines ever.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I'm taking my 15 year old son to see this later today.

3. BATMAN

BATMAN Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well as it turned out the Cine 6 was playing it on it's smallest screen in the smallest theatre. The last movie we saw on that one we vowed it would be the last. So we did not see it. Try again maybe next week at the theatre that's 50 miles away.

4. MrMarbles

MrMarbles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    V for Vendetta is the first movie in a long time that I would be willing to go see again in the theatres. And that is all I have to say about that at this time.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Well I said I wasn't going to see this movie, but made the mistake and went to it on friday.

I seemed liked 2 hours of indoctrination, Holy Hell what an awful movie. One of the sympathic characters was a gay tv personality that kept a Koran(that was forbidden) encased in glass so he could read it for the beautiful images. :rolleyes:

Anyway, bad movie. Save your money.

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Really they go that route? Aww man. Why would being gay have anything to do with this topic? God damn liberals ruin another good story.

7. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Sorry man, I don't mean to ruin it for you but it really was a bad movie.

The totalitarian government that has taken over Britian had its root in the conservative party and now controls the population through fear. The elimanate diversity, do phone sweeps and are accused of purposefull commiting a terrorist act on the population.

Sound familiar? Like all of the conspiracy kooks.

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    sigh. Yea, chalk another up to the pile of crap. I still dont get WTF being Gay has to do in any context of a story of this kind? Always trying to push the gay shit on ya. Fucking hollywood. Ruining yet another good story.

9. BATMAN

BATMAN Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well, sounds like someone was watching out for me :cool:
    Glad it was on the smallest screen - there may be a good reason for that, perhaps there's inside buzz about how well it may or may not do.

10. MrMarbles

MrMarbles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    You guys should check it out and make up you own mind. It is a very entertaining film with lots of symbolism, and meaning. It asks important questions, like what is terrorism? And at what point is violence neccesary? It is about standing up for you believe in and that is something, anyone of any political strip can agree on. It's all this and I haven't even touch on the individual characters.

p.s. and there are some gay characters; the reason why it is in a story like this is because in V, it is illegal to be gay.