V for Vendetta...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
Alot of people are blowing the story out of proportion without looking at the entire movie. They are painting this as pro-terrorist movie when its quite the opposite. Its an pro-freedom movie. Its about a citizen that stands up to their oppressive government and starts a revolution. Too many people will focus on blowing up the London Parliament building and not on the message. "People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

I might go see it and i rarely goto movies. Last movie i went to was Star Wars 3 and that was the first movie i went to since Resident Evil 2.

insein said:
Alot of people are blowing the story out of proportion without looking at the entire movie. They are painting this as pro-terrorist movie when its quite the opposite. Its an pro-freedom movie.
That's why the MSM may not like it.

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
One of the best taglines ever.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I'm taking my 15 year old son to see this later today.

Well as it turned out the Cine 6 was playing it on it's smallest screen in the smallest theatre. The last movie we saw on that one we vowed it would be the last. So we did not see it. Try again maybe next week at the theatre that's 50 miles away.

V for Vendetta is the first movie in a long time that I would be willing to go see again in the theatres. And that is all I have to say about that at this time.

Well I said I wasn't going to see this movie, but made the mistake and went to it on friday.

I seemed liked 2 hours of indoctrination, Holy Hell what an awful movie. One of the sympathic characters was a gay tv personality that kept a Koran(that was forbidden) encased in glass so he could read it for the beautiful images. :rolleyes:

Anyway, bad movie. Save your money.

MtnBiker said:
Well I said I wasn't going to see this movie, but made the mistake and went to it on friday.

I seemed liked 2 hours of indoctrination, Holy Hell what an awful movie. One of the sympathic characters was a gay tv personality that kept a Koran(that was forbidden) encased in glass so he could read it for the beautiful images. :rolleyes:

Really they go that route? Aww man. Why would being gay have anything to do with this topic? God damn liberals ruin another good story.

Sorry man, I don't mean to ruin it for you but it really was a bad movie.

The totalitarian government that has taken over Britian had its root in the conservative party and now controls the population through fear. The elimanate diversity, do phone sweeps and are accused of purposefull commiting a terrorist act on the population.

Sound familiar? Like all of the conspiracy kooks.

sigh. Yea, chalk another up to the pile of crap. I still dont get WTF being Gay has to do in any context of a story of this kind? Always trying to push the gay shit on ya. Fucking hollywood. Ruining yet another good story.

Well, sounds like someone was watching out for me :cool:
Glad it was on the smallest screen - there may be a good reason for that, perhaps there's inside buzz about how well it may or may not do.

You guys should check it out and make up you own mind. It is a very entertaining film with lots of symbolism, and meaning. It asks important questions, like what is terrorism? And at what point is violence neccesary? It is about standing up for you believe in and that is something, anyone of any political strip can agree on. It's all this and I haven't even touch on the individual characters.

p.s. and there are some gay characters; the reason why it is in a story like this is because in V, it is illegal to be gay.

The graphic novel that the movie is (very faithfully) based on came out in the 80s, so it's neither an attack against Bush or an attempt for Hollywood to put out more gay stuff. I've read that it's just as faithful to the comic as Sin City was.

Well each to his own, it just a movie. IMHO, gay character aside, quite an awful movie.

Its hard for me to believe that a totalitarian government can control almost everything but cannot trace the sender of 100,000 masks sent to citizens. :rolleyes: . Not very believable.

Well each to his own, it just a movie. IMHO, gay character aside, quite an awful movie.

It's cool, I haven't seen it, so I can't pass any judgement on the movie or your guys' comments on it.

Its hard for me to believe that a totalitarian government can control almost everything but cannot trace the sender of 100,000 masks sent to citizens. . Not very believable.

Yeah, I've heard about this from a few reviews. I guess maybe some stuff just plays better in comic books than the movies.

Is it realistic? I can't stand movies with good plots, but the laser guns and jumping through the air shooting 2 M60's with one hand landing on a motorcycle and riding off into the sun, with a babe in a black spandex suit behind you shooting rockets from her sunglasses ruin it.

Is it that type of movie?

Dan said:
The graphic novel that the movie is (very faithfully) based on came out in the 80s, so it's neither an attack against Bush or an attempt for Hollywood to put out more gay stuff. I've read that it's just as faithful to the comic as Sin City was.

I meant that its adjusted to suit the needs of those of today. Im sure at the time, the author had other specific "villains" in mind but in todays hollywood elite, they have 1 enemy; Bush.

I hate comic book stories that get overly politically pushy. Above all i absolutely hate having a sympathetic gay character pushed on you. We get it. There are gay people. There always has been. The reason people tolerated them was because they werent in people's faces. The more they push it in everyone's face, the more people are going to hate gays.

Semper Fi said:
Is it realistic? I can't stand movies with good plots, but the laser guns and jumping through the air shooting 2 M60's with one hand landing on a motorcycle and riding off into the sun, with a babe in a black spandex suit behind you shooting rockets from her sunglasses ruin it.

Is it that type of movie?

Nope. There are a few matrix-esque fight scenes. But they are all still in the realm of reality.

Above all i absolutely hate having a sympathetic gay character pushed on you.

True but a sympathetic gay character should not be enough to ruin a movie for you. I saw the movie, yes there is a sympathetic gay character, but it is not central to the movie, in sumation V for Vendetta is not Brokeback Mountain with explosives. The reason they used homosexuals is because they were the among the targets of regime's pogroms and because homosexuality is contreversial today.

In my oppinion it was a very good film, and also a great Graphic Novel by Alan Moore, (no he is not to my knowledge related to Micheal Moore).

MtnBiker said:

He wasn't gay o_O

Now the female actress was a lesbian. But what's the harm in that?

I thought it was a damn good movie. A+, 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5, etc. from me.

Kagom said:
He wasn't gay o_O

Now the female actress was a lesbian. But what's the harm in that?

I thought it was a damn good movie. A+, 10 out of 10, 5 out of 5, etc. from me.

Yeah he was, go see the movie again, he was gay.

I agree with your grade for the movie however.

Forum List

Back