Utility Solar Plants Get Free/Steal Public Land!

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Temecula California
As if the hidden Costs of Solar are not large enough we learn that Utility Scale Solar gets all the public land they want. 1,000's of square miles for free!

IM 2010-141 Solar Energy Interim Rental Policy

Rental Fees

The BLM will calculate rents on all solar energy right-of-way authorizations in accordance with this IM and the provisions of 43 CFR 2806. Some holders or facilities may be exempt from rent pursuant to the Rural Electrification Act of 1936 (REA), as amended (43 CFR 2806.14(d)). Electric facilities that are financed or are eligible for REA financing, qualify for a rent exemption under the provisions of the Act.

Free land, under the Dictate of Federal Law, land that I can never build a house on, land to never be used to produce food, land that is habitat for wildlife, land that is great for recreation.

The cost of Housing in California is extreme, part of the problem is the State of California and the Federal Government are the largest landowners. They call this land, "Public", but much of the land I am forbidden to use.

I should be able to start any business I like on Government land, for free, just like these Millionaires who are building Solar.

topazsolarfa.jpg

Meanwhile, some of the more gullible are in favor of the govt stealing PRIVATE land from the owners to build the useless Keystone Pipeline.

Some are in favor of Cliven Bundy stealing millions from the US tax payer.

Op,

I am NOT a losertrian...I believe in spending money on science, r&d and infrastructure. I wouldn't have any problem with building a dozen dams on rivers or nuclear plants over that land.

You must think we should all go live back in caves?

Solar is now the second most installed sources of energy in this country! Most likely over 5gw for one year...Natural gas will get around 8gw.

Pretty good for a failed fraud of an energy source!

Not really. Tell us about how you solved the sun-down problem, we would all love to hear about it!!

I am NOT a losertrian...I believe in spending money on science, r&d and infrastructure.

True. You are an advertiser. Spending other people's money is what you believe in, certainly you are no more capable of doing science than you are using these magic solutions yourself. Try your magic solutions, let us know how it works for you instead of just being a paid advertiser of spending everyone else money on an idea YOU can't even be bothered to test. he average easy, but apparently you refuse to spend your own on this wild and exciting technology.

Matthew said:
You must think we should all go live back in caves?

Why when we have so much oil, natural gas and radioactive isotopes to use to provide backup power generation to your scheme that doesn't even work well enough for the pimps to try it.

You do see the quality of the "land" we are talking about, right? You make it sound like they wanted to steal Big Sur or something.
People grow food on the same land, but in your tiny little mind, you have to defend Solar, without thought. You must defend Solar by questioning the quality of the land? All kinds of food is grown in the desert, but you must defend Solar by implying the land is worthless.

We could talk about Big Sur as well, another area that because of Democrat Politics and the favors bestowed upon the Rich, I am not allowed to live, because they will not allow me to have water, that is Big Sur, owned by the Democrats and off-limits to the Middle Class and the Poor.

All that land is also offset by the purchase of property that is not worthless, I am surrounded by preserves, that supposedly offset the damage caused by Solar.

In you simply mind, you see worthless land, yet it does get farmed, profitably Further they must purchase land to offset the environmental damage, thus its not just the land lost in this picture that is given to them free, they get grants and loans to steal private property, driving up the costs of the remaining land, making it more expensive to live anywhere in California.

They stole Big Sur and the whole of the Monterey Coast. They stole the desert which is good farmland. They are stealing the remaining rural areas as well, to offset the damage they cause, all because of the Dictate of a Tyrannical Government and the nuts like RGR

by 2020 if you drop a turd on asphalt a flower (edible) will grow in seconds.

Biggest problem will be harvesting them quickly enough to prevent spoilage.

There's my plan.

Now, libbies, gimme three trillion of your bucks to fund the research.

by 2020 if you drop a turd on asphalt a flower (edible) will grow in seconds.

Biggest problem will be harvesting them quickly enough to prevent spoilage.

There's my plan.

Now, libbies, gimme three trillion of your bucks to fund the research.

Check's in the mail. :thup:

By 2020, we will have many gridscale batteries online. Solar and wind will be 24/7 for those utilities that have the batteries.
So not only will we have very expensive Solar, now we will add the most expensive batteries ever created, how many tons of our natural resources will go to producing each battery Old Crock, How many tons will the finished Battery weigh? Given today's small batteries last a couple years at best, with constant use, how many times will we throw out a battery that supplies many many amps.

Given that car batteries last about 4 years, why should we believe Old Crock, hell Old Crock can not even answer simple questions, like how much will one weigh, how much will they cost, and why would we waste our money on impractical Solar and Wind, even with a battery it is garbage.

Solar and Wind never supply 1% of our power, yet we are to believe in 16 years Solar and Wind will have 10,000% of extra power output, thus needing battery storage?

The Battery is a scapegoat, we are to believe if only Solar and Wind had a battery, low information voters certainly are naive.

ORBA SOLAR Calif. developers will buy 7 000 acres to offset Mojave Desert habitat damage

SOLAR: CALIF. DEVELOPERS WILL BUY 7,000 ACRES TO OFFSET MOJAVE DESERT HABITAT DAMAGE

Some seem to believe its simply some "low quality" land in the desert that is being stolen from the public, but part of the subsidies these Millionaires receive goes to the purchase of land that supposedly makes in okay to destroy tens of thousands of acres of Desert land.

Where is this land the buy?
What is the name of the program?
What is the law that created the program?

The deal is the first under a 2010 California law to help renewable energy companies buy land to compensate for habitat damage, state and company officials said yesterday. /QUOTE]

I will follow up tomorrow, with pics of some of the land, being taken away from private ownership the the Tyrannical Solar and Wind farms.

The Cost of Solar is extreme, there 1,000's of Laws to learn about, this is another.

mattpooh, crick, and old crock are experts on everything Solar, yet they have yet to address the hidden costs of Solar, why is that?

Pfft. Nuclear still needs gummint subsidies to stay afloat. And have a look what it leaves behind:

Waste Lands -- America's Forgotten Nuclear Legacy
Your post and link refers to companies that built Nuclear Bombs. Not Commercial Nuclear Power.

The "Spent Fuel Rods" from all Commercial Nuclear power plants would fill one football field, all the high level radioactive fuel ever used and discarded will fit into one football field.

Given how all installed Solar is now obsolete, how much land will be used when we have to throw this junk out, how much pollution will be created by Solar farms that cover 1000's of square miles?

Either way, for activists must lie and mislead to promote Solar, in this case Pogo must compare the Nuclear bomb program to Solar, Pogo can not use Commercial Nuclear Power, its too clean and uses to little land. One Football field, no more.

Cry all you want, Mrs. Elektra, the solar industry is on a roll, likewise wind. Wind is already cheaper than dirty coal, and solar will be before the President finishes his term. Both already are far cheaper than nuclear, and there is no hazardous waste to deal with from either.

Now as for the batteries, lithium is not a throw away material. It will be recycled. The current batteries that have been tested did 40,000 crash cycles, full charge, full discharge, with little degradaton of the amount of charge they would take.

The largest utility in Texas is so confident of there utility that they are planning on starting the installation of 5000 mw of batteries in that utility starting 2018.

Solar is now the second most installed sources of energy in this country! Most likely over 5gw for one year...Natural gas will get around 8gw.

Pretty good for a failed fraud of an energy source!

Without government subsidies, the amount of solar installed would be zero. Free land is a huge government subsidy.

Short-Term Energy Outlook - U.S. Energy Information Administration EIA

Electricity and Heat Generation from Renewables

EIA projects that total renewables used for electricity and heat generation will grow by 1.8% in 2014. Conventional hydropower generation is projected to fall by 4.4%, while nonhydropower renewables rise by 5.1%. Nonhydropower renewables generation surpasses hydropower on an annual basis for the first time in 2014. In 2015, total renewables consumption for electric power and heat generation increases by 4.3% as a result of similar increases in both hydropower and nonhydropower renewables. Electricity generation from wind is projected to contribute 4.7% of total electricity generation in 2015.

EIA expects continued growth in utility-scale solar power generation, which is projected to average more than 60 gigawatthours per day in 2015. Despite the growth, this remains just 0.6% of total U.S. generation. While solar growth has historically been concentrated in customer-sited distributed generation installations, utility-scale solar capacity slightly more than doubled in 2013. EIA expects that utility-scale solar capacity will nearly double again between the end of 2013 and the end of 2015, with about two-thirds of this new capacity being built in California.

The outlook is very good for renewables in the short term.

Forum List

Back