Utah introducing legislation to make the state "Constitutional Carry"

Locke11_21

Democrat Party - the REAL Fascist Party
Dec 31, 2011
Bay State
The state of Utah in their assembly has introduced legislation that would make Utah the 6th state to be a Constitutional Carry state - which means that one can carry a concealed firearm without needing a concealed carry permit. Imagine that, upholding that Constitution!! Currently, there are 5 states which are already Consitutional Carry states: Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, Montana and Vermont. There are several other states that have this legislation pending: CO, GA, IA, KY, LA, OH, PA SC, SD, TN and VA. Things are getting interesting. Read the article about Utah, they are not gonna take any crap from the Obama dictatorship to say the least:

Utah bill would do away with need for concealed-gun permit | The Salt Lake Tribune

Chances are very high this bill will pass in Utah.

The state of Utah in their assembly has introduced legislation that would make Utah the 6th state to be a Constitutional Carry state - which means that one can carry a concealed firearm without needing a concealed carry permit. Imagine that, upholding that Constitution!! Currently, there are 5 states which are already Consitutional Carry states: Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, Montana and Vermont. There are several other states that have this legislation pending: CO, GA, IA, KY, LA, OH, PA SC, SD, TN and VA. Things are getting interesting. Read the article about Utah, they are not gonna take any crap from the Obama dictatorship to say the least:

Utah bill would do away with need for concealed-gun permit | The Salt Lake Tribune

Very interrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresting.

It is very possible that when I retire my new address will have Salt Lake City in it.

Very interesting. My guess is that criminals might be afraid to mess with people in those states. And criminals are the only ones who need to worry about this.

Some liberals will be alarmed and say they'll never go to those states, yet they'll feel safe and secure walking down Chicago streets because they have strict gun laws and lots of signs stating they are gun-free zones.

I just shake my head in disbelief sometimes.

Anyone think signs really make a difference? How many robbers went to enter a convenience store to rob it, then noticed the gun-free sign and said, "damn!!, I better go somewhere else."

Just curious, but would you feel safer knowing every single driver had a gun in their car? Would you feel safer knowing everyone at the grocery store had a gun on them? Without a doubt, there would be less mass killings. I won't argue that. But I would also guarantee that there would tens of thousands of killings from people who lost their cool. Cut me off while I'm driving, and I'll blow your brains out. You know that there are way too many people out there who cannot control their temper and should have no business carrying a gun. Now we want to let all these crazies have the easiest access to carrying guns anywhere they want? Sorry, but that does not sound like a great idea to me.

Just curious, but would you feel safer knowing every single driver had a gun in their car? Would you feel safer knowing everyone at the grocery store had a gun on them? Without a doubt, there would be less mass killings. I won't argue that. But I would also guarantee that there would tens of thousands of killings from people who lost their cool. Cut me off while I'm driving, and I'll blow your brains out. You know that there are way too many people out there who cannot control their temper and should have no business carrying a gun. Now we want to let all these crazies have the easiest access to carrying guns anywhere they want? Sorry, but that does not sound like a great idea to me.

I case you haven't noticed, the crazies already have all of the access to firearms that they need. However, for me I like PA.'s stance on gun control and have no intentions of moving. If Pa. adopts a Vermont type law, it will make our gun laws all the better.

It probably will. We have our share of nut cases here in this "Pretty Great State". Many of them make their way to the religiouslature. So now we'll have a bunch of poorly equipped, Dirty Harry wannabe's out in public. What could possibly go wrong?

The state of Utah in their assembly has introduced legislation that would make Utah the 6th state to be a Constitutional Carry state.

Golly, pretty soon they'll have gun crime rates just like Chicago and Washington DC. I'm just sure of it! :eusa_whistle:

It probably will. We have our share of nut cases here in this "Pretty Great State". Many of them make their way to the religiouslature. So now we'll have a bunch of poorly equipped, Dirty Harry wannabe's out in public. What could possibly go wrong?

What has gone wrong in Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, Montana and Vermont? Do they have a violent crime rate higher or lower than the rest of the country? Did their crime rate increase or decrease following the enactment of CC laws? Did these states see murder rates increase or decrease? Hmm...

I case you haven't noticed, the crazies already have all of the access to firearms that they need. However, for me I like PA.'s stance on gun control and have no intentions of moving. If Pa. adopts a Vermont type law, it will make our gun laws all the better.

You missed my point completely. I'm not talking about the crazies; I'm talking about normal everyday people who sometimes lose their cool over what usually are minor incidents. Give people like this a gun, and they may well use it in a moment of heated anger, where given five minutes to cool off, they would just let the entire situation blow over. We see this with road rage incidents all the time. I can just imagine what would happen on our roads if everyone was packing. It would turn into a bloodfest.

What has gone wrong in Arizona, Alaska, Wyoming, Montana and Vermont? Do they have a violent crime rate higher or lower than the rest of the country? Did their crime rate increase or decrease following the enactment of CC laws? Did these states see murder rates increase or decrease? Hmm...

It doesn't look like Arizona has much to brag about.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/27/20110127arizona-gun-death-rate-nations-worst.html

Forum List

Back