Predict How the USSC Will Rule On Obamacare

• It stays completely intact - Obama Wins Big

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Only the individual mandate is struck down - Tie

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Obamacare is declared unconstitutional - GOP Wins Big

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters
D. USSC busts the law and the republicans are forced to reveal their vision of a replacement before the election.

Obama wins big.

Good call Rabbi based on the questions today, they don't seem to like the individual mandate at all. I also like the 9 - 0 vote on the waterway case not long ago hammering the EPA. Rolling back Big Government seems to be the Order of the Day.

Good call Rabbi based on the questions today, they don't seem to like the individual mandate at all. I also like the 9 - 0 vote on the waterway case not long ago hammering the EPA. Rolling back Big Government seems to be the Order of the Day.

THey are definitely inclined to take a limited view of gov't powers.
But they will still defer to Congress in that they will assume COngress meant to include a severability clause and the rest of the wretched POS law will stand.
For now anyway.
Typically the Court announces the scope of what they are considering. Anyone know what that is?

While the questioning is no guarantee, it looks to me as they were leaning toward striking it down.

If the mandate is found to be unconstitutional then the whole law is worthless. It will prove that Obama is a loser who spent all of his political capital on an worthless piece of shit that not even one Republican voted for. It will be an absolutely HUGE win for the GOP and for the America people.

D. USSC busts the law and the republicans are forced to reveal their vision of a replacement before the election.

Obama wins big.

Why exactly do you think we need a replacement? Did you ever think that we just want to be free to take care of our own responsibilities our own way?

If the mandate is found to be unconstitutional then the whole law is worthless. It will prove that Obama is a loser who spent all of his political capital on an worthless piece of shit that not even one Republican voted for. It will be an absolutely HUGE win for the GOP and for the America people.

Huge loss for the GOP you mean. You have lol... wait for it... lol.. here it comes.. Mitt Romney!!! LOLZZ! What will he run off if there is no Obamacare? Mitt already can't get people to just be "ok" with him as the Republican nominee and his biggest issue is to repeal Obamacare, the Bill he once supported.

The USSC will be loathed to rule against an act of Congress - irregardless their personal displeasure, if they can keep their prejudices to themselves ... they are themselves acting like politicians.

Last edited:

Huge loss for the GOP you mean. You have lol... wait for it... lol.. here it comes.. Mitt Romney!!! LOLZZ! What will he run off if there is no Obamacare? Mitt already can't get people to just be "ok" with him as the Republican nominee and his biggest issue is to repeal Obamacare, the Bill he once supported.

Sorry that you are so dull. Allow me to help.

Individual States have the ability to do things that the Federal government cannot do. Read the Constitution. Pay close attention to Article I, section 8. Then read the 10th Amendment which states that "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Last edited:
The USSC will be loathed to rule against an act of Congress - irregardless their personal displeasure, if they can keep their prejudices to themselves ... doubtful.

Yeah....wouldn't want the Constitution to come into the discussion, now would we ?

Their prejudices just might take the form of the 10th amendment.

Silly judges.

The USSC will be loathed to rule against an act of Congress - irregardless their personal displeasure, if they can keep their prejudices to themselves ... they are themselves acting like politicians.

3811059_orig.jpg

Predict how the Supremes will rule on Obamacare, no spin, predict the result

They really don't seem to like the Mandate, specifically, how it's worded as a penalty and not a tax. If it was called a tax, I don't think the cases would have made it this far. Still, the Court doesn't seem to like it, so I would guess they will strike that part down.

Problem is, without that, the whole law falls apart. So, if the Court strikes down just the Mandate, you will see A LOT of scrambling before the election. From both parties. If they strike down the whole thing, you will see the GOP celebrate in streets while millions lose their coverage over night. The GOP will then have to present what they want to "replace" the law with, and of course, they have nothing.

In the end, I don't see how Obama loses in any scenario.

5-4 America wins...

Meaning it gets overturned.

What Is the Individual Mandate and What If It's Declared Unconstitutional? | The Rundown News Blog | PBS NewsHour | PBS

"Just 7.3 million people -- 2 percent of the total population -- will have to newly buy coverage under the ACA and won't receive any federal assistance to pay for it."

In other words, the vast majority of people crying that they will be forced to buy something, won't be forced to buy anything.

New Topics

Forum List

Back