USS Milk? Dems want Navy to name ship after gay SanFran mayor Harvey Milk?

The Mayor of San Francisco shot in the same incident as Milk was George Moscone. The shooting had nothing at all to do with Harvey Milk being gay, it never came up at the time. It was only years later when gays needed a hero of some kind that Milk became killed because he was gay. Whatever his sexual proclivities, he was not a nice man to begin with, rather crooked and mostly deserved what he got.

Just like working women deserve to be raped, right?

Harvey Milk never served in the military. There is no reason to name a military vessel after him.

That is why I don't view this as appropriate. Naming schools, libraries, and other city operations after him is more fitting. I've read the killer, Dan White, did hate him, his sexual orientation was a part of it, but White hated most of the San Francisco government.

Harvey Milk never served in the military. There is no reason to name a military vessel after him.

That is why I don't view this as appropriate. Naming schools, libraries, and other city operations after him is more fitting. I've read the killer, Dan White, did hate him, his sexual orientation was a part of it, but White hated most of the San Francisco government.

Maybe Rabbi and Katzdogz would like the Navy to name a ship after Dan White.

Probably just the gay dems. Republicans think Democrats march in lockstep. That would be more likely to be true of the Democratic party was 90% white or Hispanic or gay. Like the Republican Party, 90% white. Clearly that's why the march in lockstep.

Sick thought. I did not know Milk had served, but still think a better way to honor him is by recognizing his strong stances on education issues.

Sick thought. I did not know Milk had served, but still think a better way to honor him is by recognizing his strong stances on education issues.

Yes.

He probably didn't serve in the Navy, he isn't a former war hero, he isn't a former NAVSEC or SECDEF or POTUS.....so he is not qualified.

This is an example of Democraps being fucked up in the head. Force some gay man on the Navy....

He probably didn't serve in the Navy, he isn't a former war hero, he isn't a former NAVSEC or SECDEF or POTUS.....so he is not qualified.

This is an example of Democraps being fucked up in the head. Force some gay man on the Navy....

#1. He did serve in the Navy.

#2. Doesn't look like this is more than one or two congressmen making the suggestion...and even gay leaders are against it.

#3. Rant on.

Ok, so you and him further the stereotype of the Navy.:eusa_whistle:

Oh, just bringing up the idea shows Democraps are insane.

#1. He did serve in the Navy.

#2. Doesn't look like this is more than one or two congressmen making the suggestion...and even gay leaders are against it.

#3. Rant on.

GB, my father served for a total of 27-28 YEARS, He mentioned knowing gay Americans serving this nation and just once said "Honey, I didn't see any problems because some guys on the ship, and some of the WAVES, were homosexual".

Uh, naming a ship after an openly gay man is different than knowing they served.

The gay man better be a SEAL and a MoH winner if he thinks he'll have a shot at getting a ship named after him.

More hetero males have served longer and more honorably than this Milk character so it shows how much liberals hate the military when they want to put Milk at the front of the line.:cuckoo:

GB, my father served for a total of 27-28 YEARS, He mentioned knowing gay Americans serving this nation and just once said "Honey, I didn't see any problems because some guys on the ship, and some of the WAVES, were homosexual".

More from my father:
"You need to learn about people who are not the same as you are; its the differences in people that makes life interesting". Also, when I pressed the issue: "I don't think it is anybody's business who sleeps with who". In my family, "narrow minded" was an insult.* Narrow minded people are ignorant.

*THANK GOD.

Who cares....:eusa_whistle:

I'll add my military time with my dad's military time and it doubles your dad's military time. Also, I've run across people in the military that were probably gay, but they didn't bother me. That still doesn't erase any chance openly gay people today won't cause trouble in the military now that they can act out without the UCMJ getting them.

How your dad's comments have to do with some openly gay man being honored by the Navy is kinda as nuts as you claiming the ICBMs are no longer important in the nuclear TRIAD.:cuckoo:

More from my father:
"You need to learn about people who are not the same as you are; its the differences in people that makes life interesting". Also, when I pressed the issue: "I don't think it is anybody's business who sleeps with who". In my family, "narrow minded" was an insult.* Narrow minded people are ignorant.

*THANK GOD.

Push to name Navy vessel after Harvey Milk sparks criticism from gay community | Fox News

Some Democrats want the US Navy to name a warship after the gay activist/mayor of SanFran, Harvey Milk.

The USS Milk.

Discuss...................I'll provide the soundtrack:eusa_boohoo:

Harvey Milk was never the mayor of San Francisco.

My correction, I thought he was for some reason. I didn't research him, just something I thought, probably from the movie previews.

Well, I was never in the military, so I dont have an opinion on this either way. My grandfather, however, fought in Korea on a Navy destroyer, so I've always admired the Navy and the military, and only hope that however they decide to name future ships, they do it in a way that honors the people that sailed on them in the past and in the future.

I will be all for the idea of the Navy naming a garbage barge after Milk. :cool:

hr0036_trash_barge.JPG

Forum List

Back