USS Milk? Dems want Navy to name ship after gay SanFran mayor Harvey Milk?

That's a shame. It will be one of those ships plagued by bad luck and things going wrong.

Lololol those democrat shits. I have to give them credit. They do have a sense of humor.

I wouldn't have a problem with it except that Sean Penn played him in the movie and I loathe Sean Penn. Lol

Ships should be named after people who have done heroic things.

Getting shot and killed for being a fudge packer really didn't require much effort. :lol:

Now there you go....bucking the right wing meme that Milk was NOT killed because he was gay.
I have No idea what the right wing says about why he was shot?

And I really don't care. :cool:

Ships should be named after people who have done heroic things.

Getting shot and killed for being a fudge packer really didn't require much effort. :lol:

Now there you go....bucking the right wing meme that Milk was NOT killed because he was gay.
I have No idea what the right wing says about why he was shot?

And I really don't care. :cool:

Of course you don't...it's all about imagining gay sex more than gay people do.

The Mayor of San Francisco shot in the same incident as Milk was George Moscone. The shooting had nothing at all to do with Harvey Milk being gay, it never came up at the time. It was only years later when gays needed a hero of some kind that Milk became killed because he was gay. Whatever his sexual proclivities, he was not a nice man to begin with, rather crooked and mostly deserved what he got.

The Mayor of San Francisco shot in the same incident as Milk was George Moscone. The shooting had nothing at all to do with Harvey Milk being gay, it never came up at the time. It was only years later when gays needed a hero of some kind that Milk became killed because he was gay. Whatever his sexual proclivities, he was not a nice man to begin with, rather crooked and mostly deserved what he got.

Oh really? My wife lived in the area when it happened and what you say about coming up years later is completely a lie. What a surprise.

If anyone wants a naval vessel named after anyone, it should be because of that persons accomplishments, as weighed against those of others who have had vessels named after them. If that is the case here, and Mr. Milk's accomplishments compare favorably, I have zero problem with a vessel named after him.

If, however, this one democrat is flying this idea simply because Mr. Milk was gay, & to try and gain support/sympathy from the gay community for a re-election bid, then I have a major problem with naming a vessel after Mr. Milk.

If anyone wants a naval vessel named after anyone, it should be because of that persons accomplishments, as weighed against those of others who have had vessels named after them. If that is the case here, and Mr. Milk's accomplishments compare favorably, I have zero problem with a vessel named after him.

If, however, this one democrat is flying this idea simply because Mr. Milk was gay, & to try and gain support/sympathy from the gay community for a re-election bid, then I have a major problem with naming a vessel after Mr. Milk.

Surprised tho some might be....I agree.

Surprised tho some might be....I agree.

no real surprise here. Common sense is common sense, and fair is fair, regardless of party.

Forum List

Back